Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
New Firmware V 01.04.0602
14763 109 2017-6-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Montymelon
Banned

United States

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2017-6-10
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9812789 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Montymelon Posted at 2017-6-10 09:17
Hallmark- it cuts the mission because as soon as the ultra conservative RTH activates, the mission ends. There is no way to cancel that. That has been clarified above.

Also, once you have upgraded, even if you downgrade, the option is still no longer there- it has been removed permanently- that has been discussed above, by Brian, so please read that prior to your accusing people of "ranting".

You said it cuts mission flying by half , if this is not true then your just ranting. I asked you to explain this but you stil haven't. So my question still How does it cut mission flying in half.
2017-6-10
Use props
Antonio76
Captain
Flight distance : 144403 ft
Denmark

perkman1969 Posted at 2017-6-10 06:36
Has anyone ended up with a purple LED on the RC controller after this firmware update. Can't find anything that tells me what it means - I have had all the same issues as everyone above but can't re-link the controller to the aircraft, even after rolling back both units' firmware. I now have 2 very expensive bits of shiny white plastic that 24hrs ago was working perfectly. Not a happy chappy at all!!!

Read the User Manual, page 40=41... it clearly states that a solid red Status led on the Controller means that it is disconnected from the aircraft. Then the manual explains how to link RC and Aircraft.
2017-6-10
Use props
Montymelon
Banned

United States

2017-6-10
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Montymelon Posted at 2017-6-10 10:20
Read the above posts to see other experiences as well, and I have had Smart RTH activate at 65% battery when it is only a few thousand feet away.

It ends a mission halfway (or less) when that is activated- essentially cutting the m"mission flying time" in half.

If your battery is returning at 65% there is something wrong with your aircraft. And I don't have to take anything anywhere I'm as much entitled to comment on this forum as you are, this is a forum of open debate, you would do well to remember.
But for you it won't matter anymore because your sending your aircraft back and won't be needing it anymore.
2017-6-10
Use props
Montymelon
Banned

United States

2017-6-10
Use props
Dani8
lvl.1
Flight distance : 28455 ft
Switzerland

After System Upgrade to V01.02.00.00 and update of the drone, I now have issues with the satellite map. In the footer there are some chinese or japanes signs, and even when the drone is connected to several satellites, there's an empty map. Where can I change / update so that the local maps are on the display again?
2017-6-10
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Montymelon Posted at 2017-6-10 10:45
Hallmark- Smart RTH usually activates way earlier than it needs to. That is why it was good to be able to turn it off before. The new firmware prevents flying waypoint missions which were easily possible prior. You may want to read the above posts and other threads posted by others about this issue prior to commenting on it when your comments and assertions were already addressed by others.

There are a total of 3 people who say they are having problems with smart RTH and the ability to turn it off, on other threads same people maybe one more so I'm not to sure what your asking me to read.
You are having the worst problem your Aircraft returning at 65% but you haven't explained conditions where this happens, you seem to be to busy insulting people and calling them clowns.

Yes I'm sure something was amiss when this happened and I'm sure it can be fixed and yes it was a good option .
But I'm not to sure it deserves the ranting and ridiculing you have been trying to somehow bully your way to getting it fixed.
2017-6-10
Use props
wobbles
Captain
Flight distance : 547438 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Dani8 Posted at 2017-6-10 11:00
After System Upgrade to V01.02.00.00 and update of the drone, I now have issues with the satellite map. In the footer there are some chinese or japanes signs, and even when the drone is connected to several satellites, there's an empty map. Where can I change / update so that the local maps are on the display again?

hi its a common fault with the update,factory reset your controller in system settings, when it rebooots , swipe down (1 finger)..reconnect to your wifi and let it continue and it all comes back ..
2017-6-10
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

method007 Posted at 2017-6-8 10:54
Can anyone confirm the below is not true?

- To ensure safety, flight will be limited to 30 m height and 50 m distance if you’re not connected or logged into to the DJI GO 4 app during flight.

Hey method007, no you don't need internet connection to log in or fly, you just need to fire up your RC and AC and start your app in the normal way , you will be asked to log in to app just press the button yes and restrictions are lifted. If you want you can close the app throw away your iPad or phone and fly with remote control only if you choose .
You can also start flying with restrictions and choose during your flight to open app and log in (push button) and restrictions will be lifted immediately.

So absolutely no wifi connection needed what so ever.
2017-6-10
Use props
Dani8
lvl.1
Flight distance : 28455 ft
Switzerland

wobbles Posted at 2017-6-10 11:47
hi its a common fault with the update,factory reset your controller in system settings, when it rebooots , swipe down (1 finger)..reconnect to your wifi and let it continue and it all comes back ..

Thanks a lot, this helped!
2017-6-10
Use props
fans30f235f8
lvl.1
United States

Updated, how do I re link my camera and RC?  WTF happened, can I still use Skycatch and DroneDeploy?
2017-6-10
Use props
theGrindLab.com
Captain
Flight distance : 1375846 ft
  • >>>
United States

BrianKushner Posted at 2017-6-8 11:27
Litchi uses the DJI information I believe, they already do for most things.

Thanks. Hopefully, the information Litchi uses is that pertinent to these changes!
2017-6-12
Use props
Alpine Force 1
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1430 ft
France

I usually receive a "New Firmware" notification on my + android tablet, but nothing about v01.04.0602, weird
2017-6-12
Use props
RonHarper
lvl.1

United States

Here's to hoping they resolve the poor live feed and RTH issues before the P5 release!
2017-6-12
Use props
CanonMax
Captain
Flight distance : 8953215 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

it is possible as I noticed the same a few hours ago
2017-6-12
Use props
RonHarper
lvl.1

United States

I would add another part of the problem:
I don't believe there is any accountability at DJI- in most places, such a disastrous release with new problems would force a reckoning for the project manager who authorized this to be released without enough (any) QA. At DJI, it just seems like their way of doing business. So it repeats.
2017-6-12
Use props
GoodmanRP
Captain
Flight distance : 4344974 ft
  • >>>
Poland

May was a kind of punishment! Because that's how much we need to adjust and how much it limits the DJI nobody mentions!  May they went on with the Governments of the States?
2017-6-12
Use props
SPIKE_151
First Officer
Flight distance : 69767 ft
United Kingdom

I also had problems after updating, updated via ipad to latest version aircraft, then update RC, switched on aircraft and noticed connection led on RC blinking very fast red green, and connection status on pro 4 showing, disconnected, connected, poor video, changing about once per second. I relinked RC and AC , and that made no difference. Went into dji assistant v 2, rolled back craft to previous, 1.509 from april, check operation, worked fine in lichi and go 4 , solid green link light and all seemed normal. Then tried updating AC with dji assistant 2 , to new version downloaded ok updated ok, switched on AC had same problem as before when updating with ipad. same symptoms. Tried relinking, did not fix , tried go 4 relink, and 3 button relink, both had no effect with same symptoms as before. Then rolled back to 1.509 and drone works properly and lined to rc no problem. Do DJI actually have anything to say about this problem? Have update all previous versions with no problem on both AC and RC. I will be running previous version 1.509 with litchi until DJI give some definitive answer to what this problem is. DJI Mark can you comment please
2017-6-12
Use props
Akbuk
lvl.1

Czechia

After last update I have a big problem with the stability during my fly (see the video below). I did IMU and Gimbal callibration, but doesnt help. Do You have somebody the same problem?
Some help or advice? Thanks...

2017-6-12
Use props
Carolyn Stubbs
New
United States

it has been stuck at 99% update for over 45 mins
2017-6-14
Use props
Carolyn Stubbs
New
United States

Snowwolfwarrior Posted at 2017-6-8 00:57
Taking much longer to update than normal. been sitting at 99% for 12 minutes and also asked me to disconnect and re connect data cable ? I have now disconnected from ipad and now trying to update through DJI assistant 2Just an update, I updated through Assistant 2 and it showed to update ok but the remote/go4 app would not see the P4P I had to re link them both and now all ok, never had this happen before?

I have been stuck at 99% on update for over 45 mins.  what should I do?
2017-6-14
Use props
Carolyn Stubbs
New
United States

Snowwolfwarrior Posted at 2017-6-8 00:57
Taking much longer to update than normal. been sitting at 99% for 12 minutes and also asked me to disconnect and re connect data cable ? I have now disconnected from ipad and now trying to update through DJI assistant 2Just an update, I updated through Assistant 2 and it showed to update ok but the remote/go4 app would not see the P4P I had to re link them both and now all ok, never had this happen before?

2017-6-14
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Carolyn Stubbs Posted at 2017-6-14 08:12

Take connection out and try to update RC then go back into app and check if all has been updated I think you will find it has updated and all is fine.
2017-6-14
Use props
DimiX
New
Greece

Hello, I am trying for 3 days now to upgrade to the latest firmware for Phantom 4 pro. There are some major problems. 1st when i connect the RC to the DJI Go 4 app for android even though my controller has firmware 1.04 there is just a roll back choice to previous version 1.03 and not both listed in the drop down menu. The other MAJOR problem is when i upgrade aircraft to latest version 1.04.06 then the lights on the controller rapidly flicker red/green and after the firmware upgrade is complete there is almost no connection between aircraft and RC. I tried everything, re linking re updating, also i get no option for latest update for RC version 1.04.01. I did install/uninstall several times the application, tried other phone, nothing, problem still the same. The only way to make them work is to downgrade to previous version for the aircraft.
2017-6-15
Use props
DimiX
New
Greece

Ok, finally i managed to make it work. Here are the steps. 1st install the application from goggle play (i had the application installed from the qr code scan in the instructions leaflet that came with the drone. 2nd turn on RC and drone and with the phone connected to the RC downgrade from 1.0.4 to 1.03 the firmware of the RC. Reboot both RC and Drone after completion. Now with both units turned on connect phone to drone and perform upgrade to latest version 1.04.06 from the previous version. After the procedure there should be a red/green flickering light in the remote which indicates poor connection between drone and rc. Last step is to reboot both units and connect phone to RC. You get a notification that there is a new firmware. Do not tap on that but instead tap on go fly. You get a notice that there is an upgrade and you tap on upgrade the RC unit to version 1.04.01. After this step the light on the rc becomes steady green. Reboot both units and you should be ok.
2017-6-16
Use props
fibersnake
lvl.1
Flight distance : 104754 ft
United States

DimiX Posted at 2017-6-16 05:08
Ok, finally i managed to make it work. Here are the steps. 1st install the application from goggle play (i had the application installed from the qr code scan in the instructions leaflet that came with the drone. 2nd turn on RC and drone and with the phone connected to the RC downgrade from 1.0.4 to 1.03 the firmware of the RC. Reboot both RC and Drone after completion. Now with both units turned on connect phone to drone and perform upgrade to latest version 1.04.06 from the previous version. After the procedure there should be a red/green flickering light in the remote which indicates poor connection between drone and rc. Last step is to reboot both units and connect phone to RC. You get a notification that there is a new firmware. Do not tap on that but instead tap on go fly. You get a notice that there is an upgrade and you tap on upgrade the RC unit to version 1.04.01. After this step the light on the rc becomes steady green. Reboot both units and you should be ok.

Thank you, aftere many days of trying and having to go back to downgrade, gave it another try today and went by your exact steps and low and behold, went good.  No green screen, no warning and everything seems right, will go fly and see if it all holds true on real flight with no other issue.  But thank you for the info in regards to the firmware update steps you posted.
2017-6-17
Use props
fans2d15f52b
New
Flight distance : 116024 ft
United States

I have lost my female data cable cord for my phantom 4 pro. Is there anyway I can upload the latest firmware without the usage of that cable? Ive tried to use different cables and the DJI assistant 2 but nothing happens . Please help
2017-6-20
Use props
Antonio76
Captain
Flight distance : 144403 ft
Denmark

fans2d15f52b Posted at 2017-6-20 01:50
I have lost my female data cable cord for my phantom 4 pro. Is there anyway I can upload the latest firmware without the usage of that cable? Ive tried to use different cables and the DJI assistant 2 but nothing happens . Please help

https://www.amazon.com/CNE28224- ... Cable/dp/B0081CRXGI
2017-6-20
Use props
Ted11
lvl.1
Jersey

CanonMax Posted at 2017-6-8 06:50
This is always a wise thing...

Regards,

Thanks for the firmware data on your emails, it has enabled me to see that my RC is GL300E not F and also that you guys are on RC Firmware Version:  1.4.1.0 my RC is on firmware V01.02.00.00  and it maintains that it is the current firmware.
Has any one else had this problem?
the aircraft work,s but this .0602 has its problems and I can no longer go back to a previous update.
I am in Jersey GB and my firmware updates seem to take a while to reach here.
2017-7-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules