Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JAFARINI
lvl.3
Flight distance : 15252589 ft
  • >>>
Georgia

Hi
Another issue here added to my P4P problems.
Before posting here I tried many things including: Upgrading Video Card, Upgrading to PCIe SSD, Using other PC and laptop, Different versions of Premiere Pro.

Video imports in Premiere Pro and then software stops responding when trying to preview (playback) it.

This happens only to some videos shot on my P4P, may be every 20th of video.

Link to original videos is here: https://drive.google.com/drive/f ... TFFyd1U?usp=sharing

There are two videos shot with same settings, same time, same place. Video named "Good" is working fine in Premiere Pro but the problem is with file "Bad"
Try to import in Premiere and preview it.

Any help here is appreciated! Thanks!
2017-6-7
Use props
Floreto
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3591102 ft
United States

What codec are you using to record these?
2017-6-8
Use props
theGrindLab.com
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1375846 ft
  • >>>
United States

I had/have similar issues with P4P footage and the latest version of Vegas Pro, no matter what settings (and no matter whether H.264/H.265, and even far lower quality than 4K) I use to shoot with. I can shoot at ANY setting with the P3P and all videos play perfectly on all my systems even 2 generations back in Vegas Pro. Most will chime in and say, "your system is too slow, not powerful enough, etc.", but again, footage shot with the P3P (as well as with various DSLRs, action cams, and mobile phones) at various settings play fine. I only ran into this same issue with one other series of cams- a cheap action cam that used some odd, not widely supported codec. I ultimately just stopped using those cams, but I don't want to give up on the P4P, so I just do what I can.
2017-6-8
Use props
JAFARINI
lvl.3
  • >>>
Georgia

Floreto Posted at 2017-6-8 07:35
What codec are you using to record these?

I record in H.264
2017-6-11
Use props
JAFARINI
lvl.3
  • >>>
Georgia

theGrindLab.com Posted at 2017-6-8 09:24
I had/have similar issues with P4P footage and the latest version of Vegas Pro, no matter what settings (and no matter whether H.264/H.265, and even far lower quality than 4K) I use to shoot with. I can shoot at ANY setting with the P3P and all videos play perfectly on all my systems even 2 generations back in Vegas Pro. Most will chime in and say, "your system is too slow, not powerful enough, etc.", but again, footage shot with the P3P (various DSLRs, action cams, and mobile phones) at various settings play fine. I only ran into this same issue with one other series of cams- a cheap action cam that used some odd, not widely supported codec. I ultimately just stopped using those cams, but I don't want to give up on the P4P, so I just do what I can.

Thanks for replying here. Yes it is sad having great camera but problems processing the videos.
The strange thing is that not all videos are crashing my Premiere Pro but only few.
2017-6-11
Use props
theGrindLab.com
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

JAFARINI Posted at 2017-6-11 23:40
Thanks for replying here. Yes it is sad having great camera but problems processing the videos.
The strange thing is that not all videos are crashing my Premiere Pro but only few.

Same here. I don't get crashes, but some P4P files simply will not even open/play. Others play but stress my system far more than they should. I really wonder if I got a quad with a faulty camera. Not a huge issue though, as my Phantom shots are just a small part of what I do.
2017-6-12
Use props
Floreto
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3591102 ft
United States

On my last shoot I had 2 maybe 3 out of 20 shots that wouldn't open due to some unknown error, I thought this was because I had to do a reset on my controller and this caused it to glitch.  Now that you guy's seem to be having the same problem I think this is a bigger issue than I initially thought.  
2017-6-12
Use props
theGrindLab.com
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Floreto Posted at 2017-6-12 06:04
On my last shoot I had 2 maybe 3 out of 20 shots that wouldn't open due to some unknown error, I thought this was because I had to do a reset on my controller and this caused it to glitch.  Now that you guy's seem to be having the same problem I think this is a bigger issue than I initially thought.

Right. I did everything I could think of to determine what the issues was, but never came up with anything definitive. So, now I just press the record button and hope I can use the footage later.
2017-6-12
Use props
CP3PO
lvl.1
Flight distance : 10 ft
United States

the only conclusion I can draw from this extended discussion is that your source material is not suitable for editing with PR and you may be better served with a consumer application like the free WMM or the low cost alternatives such as PE, Magix, and the like.
2017-6-12
Use props
theGrindLab.com
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

CP3PO Posted at 2017-6-12 13:04
the only conclusion I can draw from this extended discussion is that your source material is not suitable for editing with PR and you may be better served with a consumer application like the free WMM or the low cost alternatives such as PE, Magix, and the like.

The source material SHOULD work fine with a multitude of applications that it is NOT working with. The issue here is that results with media shot with this product are inconsistent.
2017-6-12
Use props
pasaytenpete
lvl.3
Flight distance : 47346 ft
United States

I downloaded BAD,MP4 and it successfully loaded and played back in Cyberlink Power Director 15.   This is the video editing software I use for DJI videos.   File explorer/Cyberlink said  said the file properties were  3840 x 2160, 23.976 fps, and 101526kbps data rate.  Would you like me to resave it for you in the same properties as a test?
2017-6-12
Use props
pasaytenpete
lvl.3
Flight distance : 47346 ft
United States

BAD.MP4 previewed and resaved in Power Director 15

https://drive.google.com/file/d/ ... XM/view?usp=sharing
2017-6-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now