Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
New Firmware for Phantom 4 Pro Has Been Released. (V 01.04.0602)
123456Next >
42162 238 2017-6-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI Support
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Phantom 4 Pro/Pro+ Release Notes
  • Date : 2017.06.08
  • Aircraft Firmware : V 01.04.0602
  • Phantom 4 Pro Remote Controller Firmware : V 1.4.1.0
  • Phantom 4 Pro+ Remote Controller Firmware : V 1.2.0.0
  • DJI GO 4 App iOS : V 4.1.0
  • DJI GO 4 App Android : V 4.1.0

What’s New?
  • Updated No-Fly Zone Management.
  • Optimized No-Fly Zone Return to Home.
  • To ensure safety, flight will be limited to 30 m height and 50 m distance if you’re not connected or logged into to the DJI GO 4 app during flight.
  • Optimized gimbal performance to improve its stability during flight.

Notes:
  • If you are updating via DJI GO 4, make sure you update the aircraft but only after restarting the updated remote controller. Otherwise, there will be an error in the progress bar of the aircraft update.
  • Make sure you restart both the aircraft and remote controller after updating them to the latest firmware. Otherwise, video downlink may be unstable. Re-link the aircraft with the remote controller if they are disconnected.

2017-6-7
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

"To ensure safety, flight will be limited to 30 m height and 50 m distance if you’re not connected or logged into to the DJI GO 4 app during flight."

Does this mean there will be limitations if no wifi nor cell phone signal available (most out of town remote areas) ?

My earlier understanding was that the device only had to be reactivated once when new firmware was applied.

EDIT:- Or does it just mean you need a connection to DJI Go 4 App', as opposed to some other third party application ?

2017-6-7
Use props
FamilyFrames
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1612283 ft
  • >>>
Russia

after updating of the panel on phantom 4 pro + at inclusion writes that the library of the downloaded cards is lost how to restore it?
after updating of a kopter and the panel there is no communication and and the black screen on phantom 4pro +
2017-6-8
Use props
Eaglewood Films
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5738255 ft
  • >>>
Latvia

Updated both Phantom 4 Pro+ and the controller and now there's no connection between the RC and the drone. Restarted everything and no luck. This is a major flaw obviously that makes the drone unusable. Please fix this ASAP!
2017-6-8
Use props
fansc36a7331
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1090961 ft
Australia

Is this update OK to use? really scared to update as all I see is reports of issues and a friend just crashed his P4P today after updating
2017-6-8
Use props
Eaglewood Films
lvl.4
  • >>>
Latvia

Got the connection back by toggling between 2.4 and 5.8 frequencies, but now don't have any image signal! And the camera tilt wheel also doesn't do anything.
2017-6-8
Use props
JAFARINI
lvl.3
Flight distance : 15252589 ft
  • >>>
Georgia

Started update using Samsung S8+ during update got message "The connected device is unable to access data on this device. Reconnect the USB cable and try again" I reconnected several times but now Update process is stuck at 99%. Reconnected USB several times but got the same message in every 2 minutes or so.
2017-6-8
Use props
Stanly
lvl.2
Flight distance : 5805915 ft
Moldova

Seems like a lot of folks forget that updating the remote is necessary this time - I believe that fixes the lost video feed.

In my case update froze at 99% and re-plugging USB as on-screen instruction said didn't help much. Re-linking the remote after the update did seemingly solve this.

Good luck!
2017-6-8
Use props
Eaglewood Films
lvl.4
  • >>>
Latvia

Got my signal back by manually relinking the RC and the drone. Thought I'd share if others come across the same problem.
2017-6-8
Use props
Stanly
lvl.2
Flight distance : 5805915 ft
Moldova

Eaglewood Films Posted at 2017-6-8 02:14
Got my signal back by manually relinking the RC and the drone. Thought I'd share if others come across the same problem.

same thing for me
2017-6-8
Use props
JAFARINI
lvl.3
  • >>>
Georgia

Stanly Posted at 2017-6-8 02:05
Seems like a lot of folks forget that updating the remote is necessary this time - I believe that fixes the lost video feed.

In my case update froze at 99% and re-plugging USB as on-screen instruction said didn't help much. Re-linking the remote after the update did seemingly solve this.

I did the same. I have re-linked the remote and aircraft and now RC led is blinking and no longer got message "not reading data from device". But still at 99% for a while. Seems it is now updating through drone?
2017-6-8
Use props
smart 430
lvl.2
Flight distance : 117963 ft
United Kingdom

Have also just updated. Now cannot connect to P4P.  App just says "Aircraft Disconnected"
2017-6-8
Use props
JAFARINI
lvl.3
  • >>>
Georgia

Finally!!! update Complete!

After update cannot change max flight altitude. Cannot reach bottom digits
Screenshot_20170608-145524.png
Screenshot_20170608-145524.png
2017-6-8
Use props
Capo
lvl.2
Flight distance : 178196 ft
United States

Limiting manual operation to these limits seems to have gone too far, DJI. Not all of us always fly with a tablet connected.
2017-6-8
Use props
Maru
lvl.1
Flight distance : 889688 ft
Russia

terrible firmware update !!!!! NO VIDEO LINK ! Got it right on the mission and lost a day of filming ! THANKS DJI !!!
2017-6-8
Use props
Mobilcams
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2907674 ft
United States

Maru Posted at 2017-6-8 04:33
terrible firmware update !!!!! NO VIDEO LINK ! Got it right on the mission and lost a day of filming ! THANKS DJI !!!

You should have held off on doing an update until everyone else tested it out and you were done filming.. Don't blame DJI - be aware of issues that can happen when you update firmware, especially if what you were filming was that important.
2017-6-8
Use props
Mobilcams
lvl.4
United States

Capo Posted at 2017-6-8 04:19
Limiting manual operation to these limits seems to have gone too far, DJI. Not all of us always fly with a tablet connected.

What limits are you talking about?
2017-6-8
Use props
FamilyFrames
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1612283 ft
  • >>>
Russia

There was a picture after updating!)

1. Full dumping of factory settings on the panel and dji, I have P4p +
2. to reconnect the panel with a kopter
2017-6-8
Use props
Firesac
lvl.1
Flight distance : 305003 ft
United Kingdom

GGGGRRRRRRR lost link between Drone and RC and no image signal.
2017-6-8
Use props
Capo
lvl.2
United States

Mobilcams Posted at 2017-6-8 04:48
What limits are you talking about?

"To ensure safety, flight will be limited to 30 m height and 50 m distance if you’re not connected or logged into to the DJI GO 4 app during flight."

What it looks to me is this means if you are just flying by controls only without a tablet or phone, you are extremely limited. Sometimes I like to just fly stick only when practicing piloting technique.
2017-6-8
Use props
Mobilcams
lvl.4
United States

Capo Posted at 2017-6-8 06:26

What it looks to me is this means if you are just flying by controls only without a tablet or phone, you are extremely limited. Sometimes I like to just fly stick only when practicing piloting technique.

I see what you mean.. I never fly that way - but I understand..
2017-6-8
Use props
charlesP4P
lvl.2
Flight distance : 130230 ft
United Kingdom

Is this just a poorly worded satement or does it indeed mean third party apps such as Litchi are locked out?

No way am I updating until i hear from a few more who have taken the plunge

2017-6-8
Use props
fansd6ff7a64
lvl.1
Flight distance : 807759 ft
  • >>>
United States

Update stuck at 99% for well over half an hour now. Got a message to unplug cable and re-plug it in to update status, but to no avail. How long should this take? What should I do if it doesn't go to completion?
2017-6-8
Use props
RuSchristian
lvl.3
Flight distance : 7310331 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Firesac Posted at 2017-6-8 05:49

Thought so too. Rebinding the remote controller to the aircraft solved that problem. Rebind by clicking on the rc symbol in the app and clicking the led between the micro sd slot and the usb port of the aircraft.

My steps where:
1) Update aircraft
2) Update Remote Controller
3) no signal
4) rebind controller to aircraft
5) live feed all back to normal
6) apply all personal camera and remote controller settings again
2017-6-8
Use props
fans5b245dbe
New
Flight distance : 41060 ft
United Kingdom

I'm in the same boat. Updated aircraft, about 20-30mins then asked to disconnect and reconnect USB to update status, then stuck on 99% still so far about 25mins since that message... meanwhile my remote keeps wanting to turn off as it's not connected via lead as iPad is connected to aircraft...

Tempted to disconnect it all shut down and start again but do not want to brick the aircraft... anyone completed their updates share times taken from messages??
2017-6-8
Use props
fansd6ff7a64
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

fans5b245dbe Posted at 2017-6-8 08:45
I'm in the same boat. Updated aircraft, about 20-30mins then asked to disconnect and reconnect USB to update status, then stuck on 99% still so far about 25mins since that message... meanwhile my remote keeps wanting to turn off as it's not connected via lead as iPad is connected to aircraft...

Tempted to disconnect it all shut down and start again but do not want to brick the aircraft... anyone completed their updates share times taken from messages??

I'm still stuck ~1.5 hours later. Remote keeps shutting off. Also afraid of turning it into a brick. Anyone from DJI want to chime in and give us some guidance?
2017-6-8
Use props
fans5b245dbe
New
Flight distance : 41060 ft
United Kingdom

Ok. I gave up after an hour. Shut it down completely. Started app then controller then updated the controller. Once done, noticed aircraft was disconnected so did the rebind (link controller) and pushed the green led in and all is well again.

I guess the update just hangs on some devices.

I'm glad I left it at least an hour to ensure full updates were deployed and ready to go...

Heart stopped racing now... well I better do a test flight first...

2017-6-8
Use props
Capo
lvl.2
United States

charlesP4P Posted at 2017-6-8 06:50
  Is this just a poorly worded satement or does it indeed mean third party apps such as Litchi are locked out?

Good points! It does sound like it would not only affect stick only flying, but could affect third party apps and also what happens if DJI Go 4 crashes or loses connection? It doesn't sound like this was explained very well.
2017-6-8
Use props
Capo
lvl.2
United States

Mobilcams Posted at 2017-6-8 06:31
I see what you mean.. I never fly that way - but I understand..

Sometimes I just want to do a quick flight when I have a few minutes without having to hook everything up. It also forces you to truly concentrate on your flight.
2017-6-8
Use props
Mobilcams
lvl.4
United States

Capo Posted at 2017-6-8 09:33
Sometimes I just want to do a quick flight when I have a few minutes without having to hook everything up. It also forces you to truly concentrate on your flight.

Well, you can stay on the current firmware.. The DJI Go app even says that you can roll back to the current firmware..

I am holding off until I see more reactions here..
2017-6-8
Use props
SMacDrone
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1700981 ft
  • >>>
United States

For me the update froze up at 99%.  Any advice??
2017-6-8
Use props
Anthony Link Me
lvl.2
Flight distance : 339475 ft
France

just china map on my phantom 4 pro+ with the new update ...
2017-6-8
Use props
Peregrine
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

fans5b245dbe Posted at 2017-6-8 09:07
Ok. I gave up after an hour. Shut it down completely. Started app then controller then updated the controller. Once done, noticed aircraft was disconnected so did the rebind (link controller) and pushed the green led in and all is well again.

I guess the update just hangs on some devices.

Did the same thing, and it seems to have worked. Haven't yet done a test flight though (raining). . . .
2017-6-8
Use props
SMacDrone
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Now back working but no video signal.  ???
Any ideas??
2017-6-8
Use props
SMacDrone
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

RuSchristian Posted at 2017-6-8 08:08
Thought so too. Rebinding the remote controller to the aircraft solved that problem. Rebind by clicking on the rc symbol in the app and clicking the led between the micro sd slot and the usb port of the aircraft.

My steps where:

thank you, worked like a charm..... 5 stars for you.
2017-6-8
Use props
Sobey1
lvl.1
Flight distance : 15200 ft
United Kingdom

fans5b245dbe Posted at 2017-6-8 08:45

Mine took 5 minutes to update the bird.

Used the assistant and pc.

Did bird.
Rc
Rebinded
Updated NFZS

Test flight and all done

2017-6-8
Use props
Sobey1
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Firesac Posted at 2017-6-8 05:49

Rebind RC to bird........
2017-6-8
Use props
HighCamera
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1213238 ft
  • >>>
United States

I wasn't able to update the remote with the assistant on the pc. It only gave the choice to reset to factory settings. I managed to use the tablet to download the remote firmware and update that way just in case some one else runs into that.
2017-6-8
Use props
Punchbuggy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 483166 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Sobey1 Posted at 2017-6-8 11:19
Mine took 5 minutes to update the bird.

Used the assistant and pc.

Yep, worked OK for me using same process also. Had to force a re-linking of craft and RC a couple of times after rebooting each, but eventually OK.

I'm amazed that so many people here are complaining about lost video link. Don't people ever read the Release Notes first? It says:
"Make sure to upgrade both the aircraft and remote controller to the latest firmware, otherwise video downlink may be unstable"
2017-6-8
Use props
Sobey1
lvl.1
United Kingdom

HighCamera Posted at 2017-6-8 12:05
I wasn't able to update the remote with the assistant on the pc. It only gave the choice to reset to factory settings. I managed to use the tablet to download the remote firmware and update that way just in case some one else runs into that.

Always update your RC via OTA with your device......i always trying to update the RC a pain whennusing the assistant
2017-6-8
Use props
123456Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules