Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
MAVIC NEW FIRWARE 01.03.0800
1234Next >
15101 131 2017-6-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansa858565b
Second Officer
Flight distance : 8613842 ft
South Africa

Updated and flew, no isues. Everything like before.
2017-6-8
Use props
DroneFlying
Captain
Flight distance : 10774613 ft
United States

a_makarovsky Posted at 2017-6-8 06:52
That sounds ridiculous I mean I fully trust you and what makes me so surprised is complete misleading by DJI, which made me think I need at least .700 to use Goggles.

Thanks for info)

I agree that it's odd and it's possible that there are bug fixes or something in the newer versions of firmware, but as best I can tell all the functions work like they're supposed to. In fact, when I first got the goggles I (thinking the same as you) considered upgrading to .700, but I decided that I had nothing to lose by trying them with .400 first, and in hindsight I'm glad I did.
2017-6-8
Use props
StephenGSY
lvl.4
Flight distance : 814232 ft
Jersey

Just tried a quick flight. Exceeded the said distances in restrictions. And had my phone in aircraft mode from the start. Even changed location and tried again. Flew exactly as it would normally fly. No restrictions. So looks like they mean you have to had logged into app and don’t have to have to have internet connection.
2017-6-8
Use props
DroneFlying
Captain
Flight distance : 10774613 ft
United States

a_makarovsky Posted at 2017-6-8 06:53
Can anyone, who have already updated, confirm, whether the downgrade to .400 is still available?

Technically the .400 firmware isn't still available, at least not directly from DJI, but there is workaround.
2017-6-8
Use props
CynicalZombie
Second Officer
Flight distance : 179813 ft
United States

I'm disappointed that this update didn't include the new Spark modes. I thought they'd be in the next firmware update.
2017-6-8
Use props
a_makarovsky
lvl.3
Flight distance : 75105 ft
Russia

DroneFlying Posted at 2017-6-8 06:58
Technically the .400 firmware isn't still available, at least not directly from DJI, but there is workaround.

I heard about workaround on mavicpilots, though had an impression it's preventive and .400 is still in the downgrade list.
Thanks for reply!
2017-6-8
Use props
StephenGSY
lvl.4
Guernsey

Thought I’d add I’m also running iOS 11 beta 1. And no issues with DJI GO at the moment.
2017-6-8
Use props
The Droninator
lvl.1
Flight distance : 5538 ft
Germany

Again no bugs fixed???
2017-6-8
Use props
noipego
lvl.4
Greece

iv quick tested same footage with 700 and 800 (20mins delay as i had to update) and im trying to see if there is any difference/improvement in image quality by the so called: Optimized color shading. i cant see any difference. I asked DJI about this feature but they dont know/want to share info ... they even sent me a color grading tutorial (hopeless!)....hmmm wild guesses: Optimized color shading! what it could be or not be?
2017-6-8
Use props
Ron in Utah
lvl.1
Flight distance : 10902 ft
United States

What happens if you are connected to the app and are beyond the height and distance limits, then the app crashes? Does the Mavic fly home? Does it drop out of the sky?
2017-6-8
Use props
Ex Machina
Captain
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

noipego Posted at 2017-6-8 04:06
what does it mean 'Optimized color shading'? could someone give more info about this?

I suspect this has to do with what we call the hot spot, "color shading" is the language used in the tech note we were given to explain why the short flange of the Mavic's lens gives rise to the so-called hot spot effect. You can find more info if you search for "hot spot" or maybe "red spot."
2017-6-8
Use props
Ex Machina
Captain
United States

Date : 2017.06.08
Firmware : v01.03.0800
DJI GO 4 App iOS :  v4.1.0
DJI GO 4 App Android :  v4.1.0

What’s New?
Updated No Fly Zone Management.
 For increased safety, the flight is restricted to a height of 30 m and distance of 50 m when not connected or
logged into the app during flight, including DJI GO 4 and all apps compatible with DJI aircraft.
 Added gimbal control in Fixed-Wing.
 Optimized color shading in for improved footage quality.
 Fixed minor drift issue in Portrait.

This firmware is also an update for DJI Goggles:
 Added value adjustment gain for Head Tracking.
 Added screen cut function for two fingers.
 Added support for Micro SD card hot plug/unplug.  Reduced HDMI input latency.

Notes:
 Restart the aircraft and remote controller after upgrade is complete.
 If the firmware upgrade fails, restart aircraft, remote controller and DJI GO 4, and retry.

2017-6-8
Use props
Ex Machina
Captain
United States

 Added gimbal control in Fixed-Wing.
 Optimized color shading in for improved footage quality.

Nice! Before, flying in fixed wing mode was tons of fun but not very useful, photography-wise. And any progressive improvement to the hot spot issue is most welcome!
2017-6-8
Use props
Ron in Utah
lvl.1
United States

Let's say you are flying 100 meters away above some 60 meter tall trees. If the app crashes and disconnects, will the Mavic descend to 30 meters? This would crash it.
2017-6-8
Use props
AACY
Second Officer
Flight distance : 518012 ft
United States

Just updated, also had to update the batteries. Looks like everything is ok, will have a go during the weekend.
2017-6-8
Use props
Ex Machina
Captain
United States

Ron in Utah Posted at 2017-6-8 08:27
Let's say you are flying 100 meters away above some 60 meter tall trees. If the app crashes and disconnects, will the Mavic descend to 30 meters? This would crash it.

If the app crashes and disconnects, RTH should be initiated.
2017-6-8
Use props
Rodger Marjama
lvl.4
United States

StephenGSY Posted at 2017-6-8 06:57
Just tried a quick flight. Exceeded the said distances in restrictions. And had my phone in aircraft mode from the start. Even changed location and tried again. Flew exactly as it would normally fly. No restrictions. So looks like they mean you have to had logged into app and don’t have to have to have internet connection.

Hope more people will report their findings in this regard.  And, some who fly were there isn't any cell service at all.

-Rodger
2017-6-8
Use props
AACY
Second Officer
Flight distance : 518012 ft
United States

larsvonhierblau Posted at 2017-6-8 02:28
Yeah and according to the document it is now necessary to update till the end of the month. Cause i am living currently in shanghai i checked it and the NFZ (Airport Zones) are at least in china a way bigger than before

Yes they did increase, but is just that they included the approach and departure patterns of each runway, which before where only in as a warning zone, not a mayor deal breaker personally. In the added pictures you can see the difference between the both NFZ.
20170609_003828.png
20170606_185422.png
2017-6-8
Use props
StigNygaard
Second Officer
Flight distance : 357169 ft
Denmark

Ex Machina Posted at 2017-6-8 08:28

Not in my experience. As long as the remote is still connected, I have so far been able to continue to fly "normally".

In the beginning when I purchased Mavic I often had app-craches using my Google Pixel. But app-crashes has been rare with latest versions of the app. Unfortunately I have instead seen the app disconnect while the remote is still working. I have tried replacing the usb-cable, but that hasn't solved problem. So I'm suspecting a new app-bug, especially because I see more people complaining about this :-(

But no automatic RTH in these situation if remote is still connected and in control. Neither when app-crash or app disconnects.
2017-6-8
Use props
Buzzyone
Captain
Flight distance : 4647913 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Updated RC, Aircraft and goggles no problem. Took about 20 mins.

I already know you do not need an internet connection, I don't know what all the fuss about. I want to fly it and confirm what people are asking, what happens if your devices falls over while flying & you end up on remote only, I will do this test once the wind subsides, unless someone beats me to it.

There was a note in the messages that comes up during the upgrade saying if you don't like it it can be rolled back to .700
2017-6-8
Use props
Mari
Captain
Flight distance : 1308780 ft
Netherlands

... Duh... nothing happens when App crashes, you are still in full control of Mavic via RC...

Take some time to read all comments before asking the same thing several times... Like many stated earlier, after update you have to login once (app on DJI account), there after everything is ok...
2017-6-8
Use props
Mari
Captain
Netherlands

... not if you are still in control of the Mavic via RC...

Recent (4.1.0) app crashed several times during one flight and I never lost control of Mavic via RC. It's anoying the app crashes, flight records are lost (DJI technical staff told me they are on RC, they are working on recovery of flight records after restart of app)...
2017-6-8
Use props
Ex Machina
Captain
United States

StigNygaard Posted at 2017-6-8 08:44
Not in my experience. As long as the remote is still connected, I have so far been able to continue to fly "normally".

In the beginning when I purchased Mavic I often had app-craches using my Google Pixel. But app-crashes has been rare with latest versions of the app. Unfortunately I have instead seen the app disconnect while the remote is still working. I have tried replacing the usb-cable, but that hasn't solved problem. So I'm suspecting a new app-bug, especially because I see more people complaining about this :-(

Oops, you're right!

Ron in Utah's question is a good one -- I'd guess there are a couple possibilities DJI could have considered for such an event:

- RTH under the new firmware when outside the radius
- Continue to fly as normal when already outside the radius

Any others (besides Ron's descent and crash worry)?

If I had a vote I guess it would be the continue to fly as normal response. I guess one of us should try turning off the app while flying in some wide open space and let the rest of us know.

2017-6-8
Use props
Ron in Utah
lvl.1
United States

Mari Posted at 2017-6-8 08:54
... Duh... nothing happens when App crashes, you are still in full control of Mavic via RC...

Take some time to read all comments before asking the same thing several times... Like many stated earlier, after update you have to login once (app on DJI account), there after everything is ok...

But the question wasn't what happens when the app crashes. The question was what happens with the new restrictions, since the firmware release notes are very vague as to whether the connection must be maintained to keep the restrictions lifted.
2017-6-8
Use props
StephenGSY
lvl.4
Guernsey

To the person with app disconnecting. Try setting your cell data to 3G and not 4G this works for me.
2017-6-8
Use props
Mari
Captain
Netherlands

Ron in Utah Posted at 2017-6-8 10:10
But the question wasn't what happens when the app crashes. The question was what happens with the new restrictions, since the firmware release notes are very vague as to whether the connection must be maintained to keep the restrictions lifted.

I can't fly right now (high wind velocity)... therfore I will ask DJI Support by sending them e-mail...
2017-6-8
Use props
StephenGSY
lvl.4
Guernsey

It should be obvious it would fly normally if the app crashes. I will try when I can next get out and let you guys know.
2017-6-8
Use props
jamesw
lvl.4
Flight distance : 169364 ft
United States

I'm currently upgrading the firmware but it has been stuck on "Downloading 100%" for the last 30 minutes. The AC started with 100% battery and now its down to 72% Battery.

Is there second stage for "Installing" the firmware?  
2017-6-8
Use props
StephenGSY
lvl.4
Guernsey

jamesw Posted at 2017-6-8 12:09
I'm currently upgrading the firmware but it has been stuck on "Downloading 100%" for the last 30 minutes. The AC started with 100% battery and now its down to 72% Battery.

mine got stuck at 99% on installing I disconnected cable from RC and reconnected it. Then it went to complete.
However I have fully refreshed firmware on both RC and Craft on Assistant at home just to be sure. It did fly ok after update and I purposely opened DJI go and started flying with phone in Aircraft mode. It had no restrictions.
2017-6-8
Use props
Pixelman
New
Flight distance : 88747 ft
Switzerland

jamesw Posted at 2017-6-8 12:09

Hallo. I had this effect too. Simply press the back Button in the top left corner. The app goes back to main screen and shows the new firmware ready for the Installation process.
2017-6-8
Use props
Ex Machina
Captain
United States

Pixelman Posted at 2017-6-8 12:36
Hallo. I had this effect too. Simply press the back Button in the top left corner. The app goes back to main screen and shows the new firmware ready for the Installation process.

Same thing happened to me, but hitting the back button didn't present the upgrade prompt, so I force-quit the app and relaunched, tapped on the upgrade notice again and this time it showed the upgrade prompt. It did reset a bunch of prefs that I had to go back through and change again. Flying will have to wait till the weekend, unfortunately, as I live in a NFZ and don't have time to travel out of town.
2017-6-8
Use props
Nikon 1
Second Officer
United States

StephenGSY Posted at 2017-6-8 07:14
Thought I’d add I’m also running iOS 11 beta 1. And no issues with DJI GO at the moment.

Good to know as I've updated all my iOS devices EXCEPT the Mini 4 I use strictly for the quads.  

One thing I have noticed with my smart house - my August Locks no longer auto unlock with 11 on my iPhone.  I've already let them know.

I think I'll still keep the Mini 4 on 10.3.3 just in case.
2017-6-8
Use props
fansf5f0f0fc
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3340 ft
France

Usually not. RTH is initiated when RC is disconnected from AC. With previous firmwares, you could fly normally just with the RC (at least with the Mavic). Now, I don't know...
2017-6-8
Use props
DRONE-flies-YOU
First Officer
Flight distance : 1450594 ft
United States

Wow, this update bricked my batteries and Mavic!  I've been able to update every time, but this time errors out & the battery will not turn off.  Still...  It's on.
2017-6-8
Use props
Asainz320
Captain
Flight distance : 1061594 ft
  • >>>
United States

I've updated everything with no issues. Did a quick test flight and everything seems ok. No notable changes. The zoom with the joystick is still broken. I use this feature a lot to focus at night so its a big deal for me, I can still zoom using the screen pinch method. I will run a few more tests tomorrow.
2017-6-8
Use props
GrAndAG
lvl.1
Flight distance : 6299 ft
Russia

Someone is noticed, when you fly Mavic with .800 fw without any connection to smartphone (just using RC), the flight is limited to 50m 30m even if you accepted new terms in DJI GO 4.1.0 and logged to your account before.
2017-6-9
Use props
Officewallah
lvl.1
Flight distance : 34869 ft
United States

fans8b49495e Posted at 2017-6-8 05:01
Nothing!
Please stop misleading people around and read the release notes carefully. It is required to logged-in, which DOESN'T MEAN it's required to be connected to network while flying.

Have you tried this out... or just speaking "theoretically"?
2017-6-9
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9812789 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

If the app crashes in this situation, you still have control with remote you can still fly as normal you obviously will have no fpv , you can also use RTH button to fly home,
It won't descend it will raise to whatever your RTH is set at or if your RTH is lower it will remain at its height and return home to homepoint and land.
2017-6-9
Use props
Mari
Captain
Netherlands

Pitando Posted at 2017-6-8 05:12
I am wondering what will happen if the Mavic is limited to 50m and 30 in other apps, and using DJIGo the app crach

Nothing happens...

Just received e-mail that restriction will take effect in NEXT update of app...
2017-6-9
Use props
SFC_Ren
New

United States

So I just ordered a Mavic Pro yesterday and after reading all the posts in this thread I still don't see an actual detailed answer to what the definition of the statement in the release notes is.

" For increased safety, the flight is restricted to a height of 30 m and distance of 50 m when not connected or logged into the app during flight, including DJI GO 4 and all apps compatible with DJI aircraft. means.

So what does "connected or logged into the app" mean?  If I am outside of cellular service range, Many places in Eastern Oregon have zero cell service on AT&T, how do I "Log into" the app.  turning the app on and connecting it to the Mavic Pro is not "Logging in" or is it?  To me logging in means an authentication process that the app has to connect through a data connection (wifi or cellular) to DJI servers.  So has anyone tested this out, or have a more detailed answer from DJI?  If you are now or will be in the future required to have an active data (wifi or Cellular) signal upon beginning any flight with the Mavic Pro, I'll just send it back without opening the thing.   Thanks for any clarification anyone can help me out with.
2017-6-9
Use props
1234Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules