Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
First impression
1517 17 2017-6-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Godwisper
Malta

So did a quick flight today
looks stable in a bit windy conditions
Gestures well still a bit not perfect...sometimes they work and sometimes not and need some seconds to detect your palm
... I waved and off it went high but was unresponsive to take a photo (maybe wrong gesture ??? don`t know) ....waved again to get it back down and nothing happened...opened my hands to a Y position just in case but still nothing happened. Just stayed up there to bring it back had to use my phone and do autolanding.
another nuisance I noted was that you cannot charge the battery if it is hot or warm...so seems after 15-20 minutes :S
needs more testing...hopefully tomorrow or the coming days

2017-6-8
Use props
GCBrent
lvl.4
Flight distance : 66286 ft
Australia

Lucky bugger already having it!
2017-6-8
Use props
DJI-Mark
First Officer

United States

Give it time. However, it seems like you are off to a good start.
2017-6-8
Use props
CloneCommander
lvl.1
United States

Did you order from dji or got it from authorized reseller somewhere in Asia?
2017-6-8
Use props
Godwisper
Malta

CloneCommander Posted at 2017-6-8 20:08
Did you order from dji or got it from authorized reseller somewhere in Asia?

got from an auction on ebay
2017-6-8
Use props
Godwisper
Malta

DJI-Mark Posted at 2017-6-8 11:46
Give it time. However, it seems like you are off to a good start.

Thanks. I wait for an updated software maybe gestures are more reliable

even looking forward to buy the controller and some extra batteries when they are out. With one battery is very much limited to around 11mins fly time. Need as well to learn the DJI app and best settings. Would appreciate if DJI launches a tutorial how to use as I had difficulty yesterday to find the movement controls on the mobile phone (something which I never found) and was stuck to land it with return to home button .
2017-6-8
Use props
GCBrent
lvl.4
Australia

Got it! Just setting the little bugger up! For some reason its coming up with SD card error and no video comes through to the app...
2017-6-8
Use props
GCBrent
lvl.4
Australia

Its saying slow SD card although it was one of the recommended SD cards on their list. 48MB/s
2017-6-8
Use props
MAVICDLNM
First Officer
Flight distance : 10696686 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Yes heard the same comment about gesture control from local magazine interview yesterday.  Sometimes no response and lag.  But thats new tech and we have to give DJI time to refine it.
2017-6-8
Use props
ali86
lvl.3
Flight distance : 49078 ft
Malaysia

+1 ....I'm also struggling to wave and do the take a photo gesture....and yes, the battery need to cool down before charing, else the light on the right side will keep on blinking
2017-6-8
Use props
ali86
lvl.3
Flight distance : 49078 ft
Malaysia

+1 ....I'm also struggling to wave and do the take a photo gesture....and yes, the battery need to cool down before charing, else the light on the right side will keep on blinking
2017-6-8
Use props
GCBrent
lvl.4
Australia

ali86 Posted at 2017-6-8 23:58

Yep get the same thing if you want to charge right after a flight. Will help with battery life.
2017-6-9
Use props
Cravenfan
Second Officer
Flight distance : 125256 ft
United States

GCBrent Posted at 2017-6-9 00:17
Yep get the same thing if you want to charge right after a flight. Will help with battery life.

Does the battery maintain if you let it cool down, then charge it later?  New to this UAV scene...thanks.
2017-6-9
Use props
swerly
lvl.1
Flight distance : 31562 ft
United States

does it do obstacle avoidance when you send it away? like if your are under a tree and send it away, will it fly in reverse into it ?
2017-6-9
Use props
Jimmers
Second Officer
Flight distance : 49623 ft
United States

swerly Posted at 2017-6-9 05:13
does it do obstacle avoidance when you send it away? like if your are under a tree and send it away, will it fly in reverse into it ?

Yes, it will fly into an object if you send it away in reverse.  There is no rear obstacle avoidance sensor.  You need to make sure you are in an open area before sending it off in reverse (even in gesture mode).
2017-6-9
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9812789 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

ali86 Posted at 2017-6-8 23:58

All lipo batteries should be cooled down before charging.
2017-6-9
Use props
S. P. Roth
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2405174 ft
Switzerland

Thank you for the informations. Think I need this thing....
2017-6-17
Use props
Doobry
lvl.3
Flight distance : 394800 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hey OP, what is Malta like for Drones? How do the government feel about it? I am maltese but live in the UK and I want to bring it with me when I next visit!
2017-6-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules