Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Wilderness = No Internet Connection = not able to fly?
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansff495fd0
New
Flight distance : 4203 ft
Sweden

After the updateprosess will it be possible to operate the drone in the "middle of nowere" ? i have no cell coverage the i am normaly fly.

2017-6-8
Use props
Antonio76
Captain
Flight distance : 144403 ft
Denmark

You don't need internet for flying.
2017-6-8
Use props
FuZZyPiLOT
First Officer
Flight distance : 1353215 ft
Ireland

I don't believe it will be possible. If you cannot login to application then yer more or less grounded.
2017-6-8
Use props
DJI-Mark
First Officer

United States

You did not say which Phantom you own but all are close connectivity between aircraft and your mobile device. I actually have flown in areas of no service and did just fine. Just be mindful of anything that suggests magnetic interference.
2017-6-8
Use props
Kneepuck
Captain
Flight distance : 275105 ft
United States

Where I live, there is no cell service at all.  My internet is from dsl modem on telephone line.  I fly nearly every day with no possibility of an internet connection.  I never have any trouble.  The only effect is I get no maps in the Go app.  Everything else is fine.
2017-6-8
Use props
Capo
lvl.3
Flight distance : 178196 ft
United States

I believe you just need to log in once after the update. After that you can fly without Internet connectivity.
2017-6-8
Use props
Labroides
Captain
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

DJI-Mark Posted at 2017-6-8 12:14
You did not say which Phantom you own but all are close connectivity between aircraft and your mobile device. I actually have flown in areas of no service and did just fine. Just be mindful of anything that suggests magnetic interference.

Everyone knows that you could previously fly without an internet connection but the question was prompted by the wording of point 3 from the latest firmware update for the P4 pro, which says:

3. To ensure safety, the flight will be limited to 30 m height and 50 m distance if you’re not connected or logged into to the DJI GO 4 app during flight.

It would be good to have some clarification from DJI to explain what this actually means rather than leaving it for all kinds of paranoid interpretations.
Do you now need an internet connection to fly - or is the wording above incorrect?
2017-6-8
Use props
DJI-Mark
First Officer

United States

The wording has more to do with use of the Go 4 App rather then internet connectivity. You need to be logged in to the Go 4 App.
2017-6-8
Use props
Labroides
Captain
  • >>>
Australia

DJI-Mark Posted at 2017-6-8 14:04
The wording has more to do with use of the Go 4 App rather then internet connectivity. You need to be logged in to the Go 4 App.

That's still confusing and would suggest that you can't fly with 3rd party apps.
I'd be surprised if that's the case but it could be interpreted that way (and the more paranoid members will)
2017-6-8
Use props
eColumbia01
Second Officer
United States

FLight restrictions

I'm updating to the latest no fly zone restrictions. I've a couple of questions on the notice that without the DJI Go 4 app, or another DJI app, the flight of the drone will be restricted to within 30m height and within 50m laterally of the homepoint.

So this means if I try to fly the drone only with the remote controller - then my flight is restricted? Do i Have this correct?

If the app I am using crashes mid flight - further than the 30m and 50m restrictions - then what is the behavior of the drone? Does the drone hover in place, return to home, or land? While the drone is doing the default action after the app crashes, then do I have the option to regain control and fly the drone to the home point or land the drone safely?

2017-6-8
Use props
DJI Joe
Captain

United States

Please post in a thread that has already been started about this topic.
2017-6-8
Use props
blackcrusader
First Officer
Flight distance : 689774 ft
Philippines

FuZZyPiLOT Posted at 2017-6-8 12:08
I don't believe it will be possible. If you cannot login to application then yer more or less grounded.

Please do not post misleading information if you do not know.  I fly at altitudes above 10000 feet in the wilderness with no cell phone towers or internet.

The DJO Go app only connects to the RC you do not need cell phone or internet to fly.

2017-6-8
Use props
Maritimer
lvl.4
Flight distance : 106673 ft
Canada

I'm assuming if theres a GPS signal you can fly your drone?
2017-6-8
Use props
FuZZyPiLOT
First Officer
Flight distance : 1353215 ft
United States

Delete please
2017-6-9
Use props
blackcrusader
First Officer
Philippines

Maritimer Posted at 2017-6-8 15:58
I'm assuming if theres a GPS signal you can fly your drone?

You can fly without GPS just in ATTI mode.
2017-6-9
Use props
Oz Phantom
lvl.1
Flight distance : 79462 ft
Australia

blackcrusader Posted at 2017-6-8 15:49
Please do not post misleading information if you do not know.  I fly at altitudes above 10000 feet in the wilderness with no cell phone towers or internet.

The DJO Go app only connects to the RC you do not need cell phone or internet to fly.

Everyone knows that you could previously fly without an internet connection but the question was prompted by the wording of point 3 from the latest firmware update for the P4 pro, which says:

3. To ensure safety, the flight will be limited to 30 m height and 50 m distance if you’re not connected or logged into to the DJI GO 4 app during flight.

It would be good to have some clarification from DJI to explain what this actually means rather than leaving it for all kinds of paranoid interpretations.
Do you now need an internet connection to fly - or is the wording above incorrect?
2017-6-13
Use props
blackcrusader
First Officer
Philippines

My flight today. 248m height and 1.5km distance from launch on dive boat.  Over the ocean.  No internet no 3g/4g.
CLOUD FORMATION.jpg
2017-6-13
Use props
Thunderbirdsarego
lvl.1
Flight distance : 10476 ft
Australia

blackcrusader Posted at 2017-6-8 15:49

The DJO Go app only connects to the RC you do not need cell phone or internet to fly.

10.000ft? I find that hard to believe
2018-3-15
Use props
Thunderbirdsarego
lvl.1
Flight distance : 10476 ft
Australia

eColumbia01 Posted at 2017-6-8 15:34
I'm updating to the latest no fly zone restrictions. I've a couple of questions on the notice that without the DJI Go 4 app, or another DJI app, the flight of the drone will be restricted to within 30m height and within 50m laterally of the homepoint.

So this means if I try to fly the drone only with the remote controller - then my flight is restricted? Do i Have this correct?

only if you are flying without being signed into the app...do not sign out of the app, simple.

if you do not sign in, you run the risk of losing the connectiion between the drone and repeater which is why DJI have safely said 30-50m...this is rudimentary stuff, very basic....this is another reason why you should never sign out of the app..without internet the only thing missing is the maps cache....this is like beginners stuff
2018-3-15
Use props
blackcrusader
First Officer
Taiwan

Thunderbirdsarego Posted at 2018-3-15 05:38
10.000ft? I find that hard to believe

Why do you find that hard to believe? I live in the mountains that peak at 13000 feet.  I can launch with home points already above 10,000 feet altitude.
That video I posted is of Jade Mountain which peaks at 3952m just under 13000 feet.  Well above 10,000 feet Altitude where I was flying my drone.

yushan-mainpeaks-mapnw.jpg
2018-3-18
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Thunderbirdsarego Posted at 2018-3-15 05:47
only if you are flying without being signed into the app...do not sign out of the app, simple.

if you do not sign in, you run the risk of losing the connectiion between the drone and repeater which is why DJI have safely said 30-50m...this is rudimentary stuff, very basic....this is another reason why you should never sign out of the app..without internet the only thing missing is the maps cache....this is like beginners stuff

'if you do not sign in, you run the risk of losing the connectiion between the drone and repeater which is why DJI have safely said 30-50m...this is rudimentary stuff, very basic.'

Except that it is not correct. There is no such thing as a 'repeater' in the system. The only reason DJI want you to log in is so they can know who is flying the aircraft if you do somethying illegal while flying.
2018-3-18
Use props
blackcrusader
First Officer
Taiwan

Geebax Posted at 2018-3-18 18:23
'if you do not sign in, you run the risk of losing the connectiion between the drone and repeater which is why DJI have safely said 30-50m...this is rudimentary stuff, very basic.'

Except that it is not correct. There is no such thing as a 'repeater' in the system. The only reason DJI want you to log in is so they can know who is flying the aircraft if you do somethying illegal while flying.

Thanks for correcting the misinformation being given out.  A lot of people really do not understand.

In fact you can fly the drone without the DJI App just using the remote control.  OK if you want to practice ATTI mode flights in a small area in a clear line of sight.  
2018-3-19
Use props
Bobthebuilder1
New
Canada

Something strange happened to me yesterday. With the Ipod on airplane mode, it still told me there was an DJI Go app update... It wouldn't fly further than 30 meters until I connected it to the internet. When I did, no update to be seen anywhere. It flew fine after that. Good thing my trip into the middle of nowhere got canceled, because that would have been 5000$ wasted on flights, preperations and so forth. I'm getting less and less impressed with DJI every time I fly. Had nothing but massive headaches with the latest updates.

As someone smartly said, I'm glad my car doesn't have firmware updates every time I turn it on and tell me I can't drive more than 30 meters.. Idiotic.
2018-6-18
Use props
Labroides
Captain
  • >>>
Australia

Bobthebuilder1 Posted at 2018-6-18 07:57
Something strange happened to me yesterday. With the Ipod on airplane mode, it still told me there was an DJI Go app update... It wouldn't fly further than 30 meters until I connected it to the internet. When I did, no update to be seen anywhere. It flew fine after that. Good thing my trip into the middle of nowhere got canceled, because that would have been 5000$ wasted on flights, preperations and so forth. I'm getting less and less impressed with DJI every time I fly. Had nothing but massive headaches with the latest updates.

As someone smartly said, I'm glad my car doesn't have firmware updates every time I turn it on and tell me I can't drive more than 30 meters.. Idiotic.

I'm getting less and less impressed with DJI every time I fly
So do the smart thing and turn off auto-updates for your phone or tablet.
2018-6-18
Use props
paul2660
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10331 ft
  • >>>

Labroides Posted at 2018-6-18 13:03
I'm getting less and less impressed with DJI every time I fly
So do the smart thing and turn off auto-updates for your phone or tablet.

Exactly.  Turn off auto updates especially if you are iPhone/iPad, as you can't go back to a previous version as you can with Android devices.  

I am hoping that DJI did not change anything and this is a wording issue.  

In the past, with DJIgo4, once you logged in the first time, you stayed logged in, even without internet service.  I have not updated my P4 Pro firmware or the app.  

The P4 Pro Vr 2.0 only has the base firmware for now, no upgrades have been issued that I know of.  However there is another post here where someone had a P4 Pro Vr2.0, new, that worked fine for the first few flights, but then only would go 30 50, as if they needed to log back in.

It would be nice to get some clarification on this.

Paul Caldwell
2018-6-18
Use props
Jnperdue
lvl.1
United States

Today I flew Magic Air 2 and it required that I login before I went above something like 98 feet. Luckily I was in an area where I could login after I found my password. This entire thread has not made it clear. If I login once and then the next time I fly I don’t have Internet can I fly unrestricted?
2021-3-13
Use props
Jnperdue
lvl.1
United States

Today I flew Magic Air 2 and it required that I login before I went above something like 98 feet. Luckily I was in an area where I could login after I found my password. This entire thread has not made it clear. If I login once and then the next time I fly I don’t have Internet can I fly unrestricted?
2021-3-13
Use props
Labroides
Captain
  • >>>
Australia

Jnperdue Posted at 3-13 16:44

If I login once and then the next time I fly I don’t have Internet can I fly unrestricted?
Yes ... you should be able to for as long as you don't sign out of the app or update.
2021-3-13
Use props
Avisekh
lvl.1

Namibia

Have the same problem. I am flying DJI for a good 6 years now and I know how it works. Stupid thing is that it gets logged off automatically time to time. Now I am at a place with no proper internet connection and the one I have (voucher based) wouldn’t work with the RC Pro as it doesn’t give a popup to enter the stupid password. So annoying! Now I have lost 3 days to my very expensive holiday due to this none sense of system. I am so mad!
2023-7-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules