"To ensure safety, flight will be limited to 30 m height and 50 m"??
2377 7 2017-6-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansc36a7331
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1090961 ft
Australia

"To ensure safety, flight will be limited to 30 m height and 50 m distance if you’re not connected or logged into to the DJI GO 4 app during flight."

Can this be made clearer by DJI staff please, I regularly operate and work in the wilderness far from mobile phone data/reception

Thank you

2017-6-8
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Probably not.  DJI don't seem to be able to communicate clearly or clear up confusion when it arises.

The sentence that's causing concern is about connecting to the app, not the internet.
I'd be more than surprised if it affects your flying though.  
Best idea is to wait and see what some early adopters report but only listen to those that actually try it.
2017-6-8
Use props
TheSparky86
New
United States

I had my Phantom 4 about a week and this text popped up saying I was going to be limited to 30m and 50m. I had a heck of a time turning the drone and the controller on and getting them to connect, so I thought that was the issue. But, even though I have an account, and I had cell reception, and I was using DJI Go App to control the drone, I still couldn't go above 30m, despite being in a safe area. This completely defeats the reason I bought it so I plan to return it.
2017-6-9
Use props
Floreto
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3591102 ft
United States

Don't expect to get support if you have problems in the field and live in the US, the department that deals with the Go App is in China and isn't open during our business hours.  If you think calling US tech support will help your are mistaken, they don't know a thing about the app and will only forward you to the over seas department.
2017-6-9
Use props
DJI Joe
Captain

United States

You don't need an internet connection to fly your aircraft.
2017-6-9
Use props
fansc36a7331
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1090961 ft
Australia

DJI Joe Posted at 2017-6-9 08:25
You don't need an internet connection to fly your aircraft.

Thanks DJI-joe
2017-6-9
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

TheSparky86 Posted at 2017-6-9 06:36
I had my Phantom 4 about a week and this text popped up saying I was going to be limited to 30m and 50m. I had a heck of a time turning the drone and the controller on and getting them to connect, so I thought that was the issue. But, even though I have an account, and I had cell reception, and I was using DJI Go App to control the drone, I still couldn't go above 30m, despite being in a safe area. This completely defeats the reason I bought it so I plan to return it.

Everyone else can fly higher than 30 metres.
It sounds like you need to learn a bit more about your drone and take it out of beginner mode.
2017-6-9
Use props
fans8ce3277f
lvl.2
Flight distance : 843002 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Labroids, maybe you should learn  more about your done as beginner mode is 30 m height in 30 m distance not 50 m
2017-7-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules