5750 10 2017-6-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
utkin
lvl.4
Flight distance : 237733 ft
  • >>>
Singapore

Does anybody have experience with both Osmo+ and Osmo Pro?
Is it worth extra money to buy Pro version?
2017-6-8
Use props
utkin
lvl.4
  • >>>
Singapore

Er.. Nobody used Osmo Pro yet?
2017-6-10
Use props
DTK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1943159 ft
United States

If you refer to the spec. Pro is based on a micro four third camera with much bigger sensor and a proper lens. Lens are interchangeable too. However, Pro suffers from lack of functions and weight gains. If you take video as a pro, it probably won't give you anything except a gimballed camera. You can't use the audio and you can't take long video without losing frames. There is no tracking, fb live.
2017-6-10
Use props
utkin
lvl.4
  • >>>
Singapore

DTK Posted at 2017-6-10 14:51
If you refer to the spec. Pro is based on a micro four third camera with much bigger sensor and a proper lens. Lens are interchangeable too. However, Pro suffers from lack of functions and weight gains. If you take video as a pro, it probably won't give you anything except a gimballed camera. You can't use the audio and you can't take long video without losing frames. There is no tracking, fb live.

Thank you DTK, you saved my money

This means that paying more than 3x price of Osmo+ will not make video look more professional and for this price it is better to buy conventional camcorder and 3rd party gimbal
2017-6-13
Use props
utkin
lvl.4
  • >>>
Singapore

Hmm...
Read more reviews on B&H Photo and found that people are not happy with Osmo+ too. It looks like GoPro + Karma are much better alternative to look at.
2017-6-13
Use props
DTK
lvl.4
Australia

I have just taken some more photo with Pro. Every time I inspect them I found that the images are soft (may be blurry). My friend who is more into photography said the same thing when I asked for his opinion. He said that I may not have the focus right. But its a gimbal camera, it will stablise for a photo and with focus in infinite for a distant landscape shot. I don't know what could go wrong.
2017-6-13
Use props
utkin
lvl.4
  • >>>
Singapore

DTK Posted at 2017-6-13 14:15
I have just taken some more photo with Pro. Every time I inspect them I found that the images are soft (may be blurry). My friend who is more into photography said the same thing when I asked for his opinion. He said that I may not have the focus right. But its a gimbal camera, it will stablise for a photo and with focus in infinite for a distant landscape shot. I don't know what could go wrong.

JPEG or RAW? RAWs tend to be 'soft' and nearly always require extra sharpening
2017-6-14
Use props
DTK
lvl.4
United States

yes, it is raw format
2017-6-14
Use props
Defiant_Child
lvl.1
Flight distance : 105010 ft
United States

This might help:  
2017-6-14
Use props
utkin
lvl.4
  • >>>
Singapore

Defiant_Child Posted at 2017-6-14 08:25
This might help:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SK2e_7Hq8DI

Thank you for sharing!
In low light X5 is undoubtedly better. It just has to produce better video quality. However I noticed that X5 is more shaky probably due to being heavier.
2017-6-14
Use props
DTK
lvl.4
Australia

Due to its mass, X5 is much slower to respond when you want to change direction. It also puts a lot of stress to your waist trying to balance the phone attached to the stick.
2017-6-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules