Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Osmo Unusable
901 2 2017-6-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans156e00c0
Italy

Hi there,
I'm still having this problem with my Osmo, I've already reported last year but no one answered to me...
anyone can help me?...

I've read more than one posts about "standby issues"... could it be the same problem?

it's almost unusable and, 100% unreliable...

thanks

Hi there,
we are using our OSMO since we bought a couple of month ago, but only recently we've started to encountering this issue :
once we've just replaced the battery with a fully charged one, sometimes OSMO starts with a solid red led on left, and a blinking red led on right; gimbal try to do the normal startup movement but it early stops to move, and right solid red led stay up.

we have 3 original batteries, 2 bought a few weeks after the OSMO

we've encountered the same problem even using X5R coming from our Inspire 1 raw

this is our current OSMO's situation :

20160904 X3  - FW : 1.6.2.10
20160904 X5R - FW : 1.3.0.40

Battery 1 (coming in bandle with osmo):
Label 1011101537010477
SW SN : 1724 (12/10/2015)

Battery 2:
Label 1011101545087727
SW SN : 212 (04/12/2015)

Battery 3:
Label 101101551005399
SW SN : 14235 (02/07/2016)

The temporary workaround I've found when it happens is :
Switch quickly the power button when OSMO is booting with error (like to put it in standby mode)
Once in standby mode, remove the battery and insert again
Switch on, and most of the time it works...
but it's happening very often...

Is there someone who ever noticed something like this?
Do you have some solution?

Thank you
Christian
2017-6-9
Use props
Nigelbrinkmann
First Officer
Flight distance : 586391 ft
Australia

Hi, you already probably know what the indicator led's mean ,but when the left led (Camera status indicator) is a solid red normally means there is a camera issue or system error, or the camera is not mounted correctly on the handle or even the terminals on the handle or camera are slightly misaligned or are dirty.
The right led (System status indicator) solid red normally indicates a non dji battery, but I see you have all genuine dji batteries, so again it could be the terminals in the osmo handle are dirty or the terminals on the battery are dirty.
Also if you have a multi-meter you can check if your batteries are at full charge after charging.
Also don't leave your batteries on the charger once they have finished charging.  
2017-6-9
Use props
fans156e00c0
Italy

Nigelbrinkmann Posted at 2017-6-9 18:39
Hi, you already probably know what the indicator led's mean ,but when the left led (Camera status indicator) is a solid red normally means there is a camera issue or system error, or the camera is not mounted correctly on the handle or even the terminals on the handle or camera are slightly misaligned or are dirty.
The right led (System status indicator) solid red normally indicates a non dji battery, but I see you have all genuine dji batteries, so again it could be the terminals in the osmo handle are dirty or the terminals on the battery are dirty.
Also if you have a multi-meter you can check if your batteries are at full charge after charging.

Thank you for your reply, and sorry for my late
I'll consider your suggestion in the future, but I don't think that it's a mechanical issue in this case, because it happens very often, and it always been fixed by the trick I described (that doesn't provide lens removing, just the battery while in standby mode). Remember also that it happens with 2 different cameras, x3 and x5r.
I use to keep everything clean, but I'll check it a bit more...

I'm writing an email to support

Thank you
Christian
2017-7-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules