Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
So the Spark won't support DJI Goggles?
15767 66 2017-6-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
aviscomi
lvl.3

United States

aj0125 Posted at 2017-6-15 16:38
I just saw this video and was coming on here to talk about it but you beat me to it. So based on this video I assume that the spark works with the goggles as of now? The really frustrating part still is always getting different answers from official DJI reps. I have now gotten 4 different answers from DJI staff if you include Mindy's statement on here. They really need to get on the same page when it comes to giving customers information...

I typically don't pay too much attention to them and would have tried connection the DJI goggles regardless of what they said.  My FM arrives on Monday
2017-6-16
Use props
Dd5798
lvl.1
Flight distance : 95220 ft
United States

aviscomi Posted at 2017-6-16 02:03
I typically don't pay too much attention to them and would have tried connection the DJI goggles regardless of what they said.  My FM arrives on Monday

My goggles do NOT recognise the spark controller when plugged in. I'm assuming he has beta firmware
2017-6-16
Use props
aj0125
lvl.1
Flight distance : 225830 ft
United States

Dd5798 Posted at 2017-6-16 10:05
My goggles do NOT recognise the spark controller when plugged in. I'm assuming he has beta firmware

Great to know
2017-6-16
Use props
Dd5798
lvl.1
Flight distance : 95220 ft
United States

I WAS able to get them to work after all. You need to make sure the OTG cable is on the RC side or it won't connect at all.
2017-6-16
Use props
aj0125
lvl.1
Flight distance : 225830 ft
United States

Awesome, thanks for letting us know
2017-6-16
Use props
fans6a53782b
lvl.2
Flight distance : 990266 ft
  • >>>
United States

Their training video says it will be supported.
2017-6-16
Use props
aviscomi
lvl.3

United States

I've been flying with the DJI goggles for the last 25 minutes (2 batteries) and all is fine, except for the nasty video lag inside my house.   I 'm sure the 3 separate wireless routers/networks aren't helping my cause.
2017-6-16
Use props
GCBrent
lvl.3
Flight distance : 66286 ft
Australia

aviscomi Posted at 2017-6-16 13:50
I've been flying with the DJI goggles for the last 25 minutes (2 batteries) and all is fine, except for the nasty video lag inside my house.   I 'm sure the 3 separate wireless routers/networks aren't helping my cause.

Nice! What is the latency like? I have heard it is better than straight to the phone. Tried a distance run yet? How far can you get with a good picture?
2017-6-16
Use props
aviscomi
lvl.3

United States

GCBrent Posted at 2017-6-16 14:08
Nice! What is the latency like? I have heard it is better than straight to the phone. Tried a distance run yet? How far can you get with a good picture?

The latency is about the same as on my iPad.  Have not done a distance run yet only because I don't trust this thing yet and it is a little windy today
2017-6-16
Use props
fansb40ba608
lvl.1
Flight distance : 48783 ft
United States

aviscomi Posted at 2017-6-16 14:14
The latency is about the same as on my iPad.  Have not done a distance run yet only because I don't trust this thing yet and it is a little windy today

Hey, mine works fine, but I had to long-press the Spark power button to make it recognizable, and re-reconnect the controller while the goggles were plugged in.  There is a Youtube video on it.

My problem is this:  It does not support the head tracking for the Gimbal, which is very frustrating....kiind of the whole point of the gogs.   I check everyday for firmware updates, but no joy as yet.  I thought the release date was to be July 4th, from the marketing materials.

Also, I am limited to Beginners Mode, 98 feet high, and 165 feet away from me, so I can't even get out of my yard without hitting the limit.   It does offer Tripod Mode and Active Track at least....haven't tried selecting Active Track, wonder if that might get past the 165 feet limit.

Sorry about the user name, it was assigned to me by DJI apparently.
2017-7-16
Use props
fansa7dc5944
lvl.4
Flight distance : 50988 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

Someone in this forum connect Spark RC via Microusb to Goggles. There is OTG microusb made by Dji selling at BH. The Goggles does connect to Spark but the RC firmware itself when connected to Goggles, disconnect RC from Dji Go 4 app and caused flight distance limit. Scroll this forum. Anyway, since Goggles provides in put via HDMI, you can connect iDevice(iPhone, iPad) or K1 to RC via wifi then Goggles via HDMI and set Goggles to zoom mode. Officially, Goggles does not support Spark yet but not for long.
2017-7-16
Use props
nixus
lvl.1
Flight distance : 10571 ft
Latvia

Connected Spark with OTA cable to RC, all seems to work, however the video is awfully artifacted and is falling apart with every small motion (which makes it totally useless). Am I the only one with this problem?

Nick
2017-8-3
Use props
nixus
lvl.1
Flight distance : 10571 ft
Latvia

nixus Posted at 2017-8-3 10:00
Connected Spark with OTA cable to RC, all seems to work, however the video is awfully artifacted and is falling apart with every small motion (which makes it totally useless). Am I the only one with this problem?

Nick

UPD: Solved the probem by downgrading Goggles firmare to 01.03.0800, video is smooth now;
2017-8-3
Use props
TheCyberKnight
lvl.3
Canada

aj0125 Posted at 2017-6-15 16:38
I just saw this video and was coming on here to talk about it but you beat me to it. So based on this video I assume that the spark works with the goggles as of now? The really frustrating part still is always getting different answers from official DJI reps. I have now gotten 4 different answers from DJI staff if you include Mindy's statement on here. They really need to get on the same page when it comes to giving customers information...

It does work with Spark. I did received mines last week.

Meanwhile, it is not perfect as some features are not fully implemented or working fine.

Righ now, this is working fine:

• the video feed is properly sent to the goggles
  • the full avionics information is displayed in real-time
  • the reported gimbal angle position is relevant
  • the information on the video feed format is right
  • the warning messages are properly relayed to the visor

Here are 2 major issues I found:

• Once you reach the low-battery level (the one previously set with DJI Go 4), you get a pop-up window advising you that return-to-home will be initiated in 10 seconds. You can either "confirm" or "cancel" using two buttons that you select with the touch pad. The problem is that the "cancel" button does nothing, whatever the number of times you select it. You therefore end-up with a forced return-to-home. This flaw cost me a minor crash as the Spark started to ascent to its RTH altitude but was underneath a large tree at this moment. Fortunately no damages.
  • For some reason, once connected to the goggles, the Spark remote buttons controlling the video and picture taking just stop working. Their only use at this point seems to change the resolution at which the video feed is sent - to match the resolution mode used by the camera. It was not able to ever take a picture or start filming with either the remote control or the goggles UI. This could be a firmware issue but as of now, this single issue makes the goggles totally useless.
Most of these problems will likely disappear once the goggles firmware is updated to officially support Spark.
2017-8-3
Use props
fansaa8bf5e0
lvl.1
United States

I don't understand why DJI is limiting the distance to 150 feet. What is the point?
2017-8-3
Use props
LotusFan
lvl.1
Flight distance : 48783 ft
United States

The 150 feet limitation is only if you are attempting to use the goggles and RC by themselves, without a phone and therefore the DJI GO 4 app.

Another trick I discovered was, if you can't connect the goggles to the AC, unplug and replug the OTG cable from the RC and it connects.
Funny thing, it only counts if you pull the lug from the RC.  Unplugging the USB end does nothing to reconnect.
2017-8-5
Use props
fansaa8bf5e0
lvl.1
United States

LotusFan Posted at 2017-8-5 17:00
The 150 feet limitation is only if you are attempting to use the goggles and RC by themselves, without a phone and therefore the DJI GO 4 app.

Another trick I discovered was, if you can't connect the goggles to the AC, unplug and replug the OTG cable from the RC and it connects.

I can never connect the goggles to the RC without disconnecting and connecting again, Always. This is clearly malfunction in the design.
I know abut the trick, but this is not what the goggles are designed to do. There should be a direct connection to the RC without the need of bypass. Why did DJI put the distance limit?
Very strange
2017-8-5
Use props
Drmerlin
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2441663 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Lok Mavic Posted at 2017-6-13 10:07
Spark remote doesn't have USB port. It connected to the phone using wifi.

Yes the remote does have a micro USB port!
2017-8-8
Use props
Malakyte
lvl.4
Flight distance : 216043 ft
Japan

iPhonedo confirmed in June that you can use the Spark with the Goggles ! (skip to 5:40)

2017-8-8
Use props
Drmerlin
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2441663 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I have had no difficulty in connecting the goggles to the spark using a lead and OTG adapter. However, the height and distance limits along with the inability to use gimbal tracking modes in the goggles makes them very limited right now. I have also experienced the problem with not being able to activate photos or video recording.

I am sure that these issues will be addressed in future updates. But, for now, the goggles are strictly for use with my Mavic only....
2017-8-11
Use props
ToeCutter
New
United States

I've been perusing the 'net to determine how/if the Spark supports the DJI Googles with mixed results.

Then, I checked DJI support and updated DJI Assistant and right there in the release notes it discusses linking the Goggles with the Spark after the firmware update (which coincidentally was released yesterday. Here are the release notes:

So, it seems we have some definitive information that the Spark does officially support DJI Googles.
2017-8-26
Use props
Charles Adams
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3821312 ft
  • >>>
United States

I've done a few flights with my new goggles.  Mixed results, but overall I'm happy.  Need to perform more testing.
2017-8-26
Use props
thepixelpusher
New
United States

aviscomi Posted at 2017-6-14 16:20
Nevermind...I found 1:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B011KNQVT4/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_dp_T2_MnDqzb4KEA3RF

Your better off with a version that has a right angle plug so the cord doesn't stick and push against your hand.

Like these MicroUSB to Lightning I bought (different lengths if I decide to use an iPad adapter later):
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07214TWXG/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B072JY2DKY/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

These say they are for Mavic but should work on the Spark Controller too.
2017-8-27
Use props
thepixelpusher
New
United States

Not sure what my links are going to the DJI front page, but search for this on Amazon:
• Rantow Nylon Braided Video Date Cables for DJI Mavic Pro Drone Remote Controller (20.7cm Lightning to Micro-USB)
• Rantow Nylon Braided Video Date Cables for DJI Mavic Pro Drone Remote Controller (9.3cm Lightning to Micro-USB)

These are for the Lightning Connector on iPhone. And though it says Mavic it should work for Spark.
2017-8-27
Use props
Andy666
New
United Kingdom

I have just got a DJI Spark fly more bundle and it's my first drone. I have to say it shouts some pretty big claims for something so small
2017-9-11
Use props
Andy666
New
United Kingdom

Well I am most impressed with my Spark for a first drone. I will say I was hopping to get a pair of those goggles next time I'm home as I'm sure I read somewhere that they where compatible. Now I have read this I'm a little sad but hay, if the Spark sells well and it should then maybe DJI will do some software or a version for the Spark! Please DJI???
2017-9-11
Use props
Charles Adams
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3821312 ft
  • >>>
United States

Andy666 Posted at 2017-9-11 16:27
Well I am most impressed with my Spark for a first drone. I will say I was hopping to get a pair of those goggles next time I'm home as I'm sure I read somewhere that they where compatible. Now I have read this I'm a little sad but hay, if the Spark sells well and it should then maybe DJI will do some software or a version for the Spark! Please DJI???

I'm confused by your statement Andy666.  DJI does in fact support Spark with Goggles, I do own the Goggles and the Spark, and I have used the Goggles with the spark (most recently this weekend).

The way that the Spark and the Goggles are supported are by using the OTG cable.  Other supported devices can use an hdmi interface cable or a standard usb cable, so the Spark is unique in that respect.  But it is officially supported.

The Spark/Goggles combination is not without it's frustrations.  If you connect from Spark to Goggles direct, you will face some very restrictive flight restrictions.  In order to overcome these flight restrictions you must connect the Spark to the DJI Go 4 app first, and then reconnect the Spark to the RC and Goggles without turning the Spark off.  I have read/heard/seen that this is a "feature" not limited to just the Spark (it also exists on the Mavic, and I've found it exists on the P4A that my neighbor owns).  If you can deal with this oddity the Goggles are pretty cool.

I've tested the Goggle flight controls, and they take some getting use to, but this feature does function well.
2017-9-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules