my p4 pro fell out of the sky with no warning
1125 6 2017-6-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
BirdseyeMatt
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1968054 ft
United States

Hello, I am trying to get information on how to analyze flight logs.  I loaded the DAT file into the DJI assistant 2 but cannot read or review the flight logs.

I was doing a normal mapping flight, we had just used the inspire that same day and later that dat as well,  it was over a golf course community outside and away from any building over 2 stories tall for 5 miles.  KP was at 1, weather was clear, light winds, no rain, no other visable obstructions at the 257 ft AGL.  During a routine flight with no warnings at all, just disconnected from the transmitter.  i do not have video because we were mapping and just doing photos.  This is extremely alarming since we were about to purchase 2 more just for mapping since it was doing a good job and very efficient.  I have sent it in but it would be really helpful to be able to analyze my flight and see what happened.  

Thank you for reading this,  I have been in business for 5 years now and was very excited to think they got so much right with the p4 pro.

2017-6-9
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Don't know how to read dat files but this link might help , if you want to upload your flight logs to phantom help there are a few guys around here will give you some help.
You just need to go to the link upload your log and come back here and post the link.
Good luck

https://datfile.net/DatCon/fieldsV3MP.html

http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/

2017-6-9
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

The simplest and best way to see your flight data is to go to http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/
Follow the instructions to upload your flight record.
Come back and post a link to the report it provides and someone here might be able to analyse it and give you an understanding of the cause of the incident.

The first thing to look into for a fall-from-the-sky incident is the battery levels.
2017-6-9
Use props
fansb1a08fe3
lvl.1

United States

Same thing happened to my mavic two days ago. Now it will not connect at all.
2017-6-10
Use props
Donny O'Neil Jr
lvl.3
Flight distance : 364826 ft
  • >>>
United States

Mine did the same thing and I sent it in to DJI who gave me shipping labels. It was hovering for 2 minutes about 50 feet off ground and just disconnected and fell like a rock. It was destroyed. Battery was at 66% and nothing out of norm. I think personally it is to do with the firmware update I did 2 days before.
2017-9-23
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Donny O'Neil Jr Posted at 2017-9-23 17:56
Mine did the same thing and I sent it in to DJI who gave me shipping labels. It was hovering for 2 minutes about 50 feet off ground and just disconnected and fell like a rock. It was destroyed. Battery was at 66% and nothing out of norm. I think personally it is to do with the firmware update I did 2 days before.

Firmware gets blamed for just about everything except Middle East geopolitical tensions.
There are often much simpler causes.

2017-9-23
Use props
Donny O'Neil Jr
lvl.3
Flight distance : 364826 ft
  • >>>
United States

Either way I'd like the root cause because with any firmware update issues arise, its the nature of the beast. Happens more than you think
2017-9-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules