Good News and Bad News from a P2V+ v3.0 Owner
1980 13 2015-3-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Northofthe49th
Second Officer

Canada

Good news: I am at or near 50 flights on my P2V+ v3.0 and flew through 2 Batteries tonight. Nearly 15 of those flights on the latest 3.12 Firmware with no problems.
Bad news: I only have 2 Batteries and ran out of juice and could not fly anymore tonight.
Good news : I live on the West coast and get to see beautiful sunsets.
Bad news: Only bad news is if/when i cannot enjoy them anymore.

http://youtu.be/sfSEAXAy-0k
http://youtu.be/tgu0frWLCoE

no clouds

no clouds

some clouds

some clouds
2015-3-12
Use props
HermosaDrones
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3160344 ft
  • >>>
United States

keep flying...  do the legs ever get in the way of your pictures?
2015-3-13
Use props
Northofthe49th
Second Officer

Canada

HermosaDrones Posted at 2015-3-13 23:25
keep flying...  do the legs ever get in the way of your pictures?

Funny enough, it is not the legs as often it is the props based on the camera angle and the wind as i was a few hundred feet up on these as you could imagine and most any photos i take are usually with the Phantom stationary. Only edit i did to these was crop the props out of the top, trying to play with camera settings to get a bit more detail but that will come in time and with better cameras for sure....
2015-3-13
Use props
Jerdel
lvl.2

United States

I was expecting a crash story.   With mine coming in the next few days, Im so paranoid about it crashing or flying away Im not sure I want to even fly it without tying a kite string to it!
2015-3-13
Use props
Northofthe49th
Second Officer

Canada

Jerdel Posted at 2015-3-14 00:28
I was expecting a crash story.   With mine coming in the next few days, Im so paranoid about it cras ...

I would not worry about any of that if you set it all up properly and watch some good tutorials before you fly..definitely worth the investment time wise..

Go to: http://www.dji.com/support for all the latest updates
You can check them against here if you have the P2V+ v3.0:
http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... age%3D1&lang=en
And check this link out for some great how to's and video instruction:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/mv8d1h ... ry%20Guide.pdf?dl=0
Frankly, I would be more worried about your Avatar eating it or getting hurt trying to. I have a couple of dogs and it takes some time getting them used to not wanting to chase it as I lift off or when it comes in for a landing but we are learning...

2015-3-13
Use props
adrianjacobs
lvl.3

United Kingdom

I was expecting a crash story.   With mine coming in the next few days, Im so paranoid about it cras ...

It's good to be paranoid. I was, and it made me ultra cautious before each flight, making sure everything was checked before flying.  No problems so far.
2015-3-13
Use props
myron
lvl.4

Philippines

how about my sunset same as use my avatar the ocean is perfect alignement >> protune on etc etc

boracay island

boracay island
2015-3-13
Use props
nrgwise
Second Officer

United States

You are reading the forums too much!  I watched a lot of videos on the Phantom and I have to say that if you search BH Photo for the Phantom, on the product page they have a link to like 5 or 6 videos training from opening the box, to setting it up, calibrating, flying, flying modes.  Watch those and follow the advice.
2015-3-13
Use props
timf419
lvl.1

United States

nrgwise@gmail.c Posted at 2015-3-14 01:21
You are reading the forums too much!  I watched a lot of videos on the Phantom and I have to say t ...

I took my camera off my Phantom 2+.  Glad I did, same tree keeps snatching my craft!  Had mine for a month with flight time on both 3.8 and upgrade to 3.12.  Very happy and about to put the camera back on.  Biggest problem for me is my depth perception.  With the weather getting warmer, I flew the other evening and the lights are very helpful.
2015-3-13
Use props
TCMAC
lvl.2
United States

The sunset pics are pretty awesome
2015-3-13
Use props
Naza-PA
lvl.2

United States

I am getting plenty of flight time and joy just with 2 batteries and I do not run them all the way down. I am very satisfied with average duration of the flight ~ 15...17 mins. Still learning the flight capabilities and it seems there are plenty of techniques to master. The radar feature is realy usefull when bird is far away and it is difficult to figure out its position with FPV or when you loose the sight of it due to looking at the phone screen. I do not think I would need more batteries any time soon
2015-3-13
Use props
Northofthe49th
Second Officer

Canada

I love the radar feature, it is pretty much how I fly now unless I stop for a picture or in the immediate vicinity of my launch area and do not otherwise have to take my eyes off the screen, my wife will walk up and say where is BirdBrain (aka BB which is what I call the Phantom cause it has a Preprogrammed Brain, kind of) and I will just point in the direction it is and she will say, "I can't see it" and I'll say "me either" but I can tell you how far BB is away and how high she is..Pretty freakin cool!
2015-3-13
Use props
Naza-PA
lvl.2

United States

Today, my phone App displayed warning about compass calibration. But I noticed the wooden table drone was standing on had large metal boolts/nuts close to the drone. I just moved drone away and warning was gone. The compass seems to be very sensitive instrument and we need to pay attention to the environment. And drone usually would issue the warning when it senses magnetic interference or calibration is needed indeed, but you need to pay attention to figure out the real reason for the warning. Would I recalibrate compas close to those metal pieces without paying attention I would probably writing here about how crazy my drone behaved and it is all DJI fault
2015-3-13
Use props
Northofthe49th
Second Officer

Canada

Agreed on the calibrations, stay away from all metal/magnetic interference and stay the hell away from any sharp objects you might want to poke yourself with if the upgrade or calibrations do not seem to go as planned..
When you really trust the Phantom, it's fail safes and all that your screen is telling you, you might be able to do this: or not, environment plays as much a role outdoors as it does indoors. Either way, i trust this thing to come back to me as i have tested virtually every fail safe condition i could fathom and it just keeps coming back
2709 ft..PNG
2415'.jpg
2015-3-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules