Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
FLASHING GREEN & RED LIGHTS ON CONTROLLER
36085 35 2017-6-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Estate Imaging
New
Flight distance : 235535 ft
United States

Hello!

I just opened my phantom 4 pro, charged the battery completely on the controller and the drone, upgraded the drone firmware with DJI assistant 2, calibrated the compass, updated DJI GO 4 App, connected the drone to the mobile device directly, and tried to upgrade the firmware on the controller, but I plug it in to the Assistant and nothing happens. It's almost like it doesn't register it? When it does finally register it, nothing pops up except the option to "restore factory settings" so I do that, and after about a minute of it trying to restore factory settings it says it lost connection with the controller, and the controller beeps loud and shuts off with a solid red light! HELP! I think I got a faulty controller

I plugged it directly into the Drone via the cord, and it flashes very fast between red, green, and sometimes yellow light. I've exhausted everything I know how to do, so any other advice would be appreciated, because this is the second phantom 4 they've had to send me because the first one had a faulty battery that wouldn't charge/turn on either. Combine that with the MULTIPLE other issues DJI has had lately, and I'm seriously trying to research other Drone companies....but for now I'm trying to figure out what's wrong with this controller.

Thanks!
2017-6-10
Use props
Antonio76
lvl.4
Flight distance : 144403 ft
Denmark

it would help to know which device you are using, iOS or Android?
2017-6-10
Use props
CanonMax
lvl.4
Flight distance : 8953215 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Antonio76 Posted at 2017-6-10 00:41

this is why I usually post my "crap" {:4_181:}
2017-6-10
Use props
Antonio76
lvl.4
Denmark

CanonMax Posted at 2017-6-10 01:13
this is why I usually post my "crap"

You clever devil, you!
2017-6-10
Use props
Antonio76
lvl.4
Denmark

Let me see if I understand your actions correctly:

1) you update aircraft firmware through Assistant2

2) you calibrate the compass (did the aircraft tell you to do it? if not, it wasn't needed)

3) you connect the aircraft just upgraded directly to your mobile device (iOS or Android?)  WHY? Where does it say to connect the aircraft to the device? (other than to upgrade its firmware through DJI GO 4… but you said you had already done it  -this is possibly why it didn't do anything, it was already on the latest firmware...)

4) you try to upgrade the RC firmware by connecting it to Assistant  but it does not register, when it finally does there's no upgrade to download but only the option to "restore factory settings" and after a few attempts it (The aircraft? Assistant2?) says it has lost connection with the controller, which beeps loud and the status light goes solid red (and what about the light on the aircraft, near the SD slot?)

5) you plug IT (the RC? ) to the aircraft (WHY?) and it flashes fast through different colours. (This is normal during the aircraft's own firmware upgrade, together with some gimbal movements and battery flashing)

All in all, I don't understand your procedure.

Here is what I did, with immediate success (using an iPad 5th generation as the device):

1)Start the controller

2) Start the aircraft

3) start the DJI GO 4 App on the device (of course plugged into the RC and with WiFi connection)

4) accept the request to upgrade firmware and disconnect device from RC and connect instead to aircraft using the short cable from the box (upgrade can take 10/12 minutes, depending on WiFi bandwidth and remote server bandwidth)
-during the process, after the firmware has been downloaded to the device and is being installed to the aircraft, the gimbal and lights on the aircraft show some activity.

5) reconnect device to RC and start upgrading RC Firmware (still through the device)
-after the RC firmware has been downloaded and installed, the aircraft and RC become disconnected, so:

6) re-link RC and aircraft (I do it via DJI GO 4 App, selecting the appropriate menu item and pressing the small light near the SD card slot in the aircraft, when requested.

7) cycle all the batteries (if more than 1) to make sure their software gets updated in case it is needed.

This is all...
2017-6-10
Use props
CanonMax
lvl.4
  • >>>
Netherlands

...and my votes go to DENMARKKKK
2017-6-10
Use props
Antonio76
lvl.4
Denmark

CanonMax Posted at 2017-6-10 03:04
...and my votes go to DENMARKKKK

Possibly on the next Eurovision Song Contest...
2017-6-10
Use props
Estate Imaging
New
United States

Antonio76 Posted at 2017-6-10 00:41

Android, Specifically S7 Edge
2017-6-10
Use props
Gulfstream
lvl.4
Flight distance : 98996 ft
  • >>>
United States

Try updating your RC firmware first. I learned about this little trick today.
#1) Leave the Aircraft OFF
#2) Connect your S7 to the RC and Turn the RC On.
#3) It should begin the Version Check with the DJI Server and then finally determine the firmware needs updating. Run the update.
#4) After the RC Update is complete, Turn it Off.
#5) Start the Aircraft, Then the RC. Sysytem should compare again, and determine that AC needs update.
#6) Attach USB2Go Cable to Aircraft and attach device cable.
#7) You should get a Blue Bar and botttom of screen to start firmware update on Aircraft.
#8) Let it run UNTIL Aircraft Powers Down and Restarts on it's own.
#9) After restart... shutdown Aircraft and RC.
#10) Restart Aircraft, RC and DJIGo4 click on the 'Me" icon, login, and then go back to Aircraft - Choose Go Gly!

Hope this helps!
2017-6-10
Use props
andyc57
lvl.2
Flight distance : 184032 ft
United States

Gulfstream Posted at 2017-6-10 09:37
Try updating your RC firmware first.

good suggestion what is the process on upgrading  the RC first thanks
2017-6-10
Use props
Gulfstream
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

andyc57 Posted at 2017-6-10 09:45
good suggestion what is the process on upgrading  the RC first thanks

See above post
2017-6-10
Use props
Antonio76
lvl.4
Denmark

Estate Imaging Posted at 2017-6-10 08:55
Android, Specifically S7 Edge

OK, see my post #5 above and Gulfstream's post #9 , which is exactly about the S7
2017-6-10
Use props
UrbanDepartures
lvl.2
United Kingdom

I had the same problem...update your RC and you're sorted.
2017-6-11
Use props
Estate Imaging
New
United States

Gulfstream Posted at 2017-6-10 09:37
Try updating your RC firmware first. I learned about this little trick today.
#1) Leave the Aircraft OFF
#2) Connect your S7 to the RC and Turn the RC On.

Thank you for these suggestions! Now I'm at least able to turn my controller on, and see the DJI GO control screen on the app (wasn't able to get ANYTHING before...). However, now it is just a black picture and says "No Signal" where it should say "Ready to GO". Any other words of the wise? Almost like the RC and drone are now not connected at all?

Thanks!
2017-6-11
Use props
Gulfstream
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Estate Imaging Posted at 2017-6-11 21:41
Thank you for these suggestions! Now I'm at least able to turn my controller on, and see the DJI GO control screen on the app (wasn't able to get ANYTHING before...). However, now it is just a black picture and says "No Signal" where it should say "Ready to GO". Any other words of the wise? Almost like the RC and drone are now not connected at all?

Thanks!

A number of people seem to be having this issue. I even had it for a bit. Try this... Go thru the startup procedure. When you get to the ops screen, click on the 3 dots in the upper right corner so that you can see Aircraft Settings. Even IF IT Says Firmware Up To Date, click on it anyway to make absolutely sure that BOTH RC and Aircraft are updated properly.

Then go out to a "Safe" location that you're familiar with and try to fly. From my understanding, some people are having issues on the ground, but as soon as you're airborne, all is okay.

Again, this IS NOT what I have done, so that is what I recommend a Safe and Familiar location to test in case something goes awry, you will hopefully be able to safely recover.
2017-6-12
Use props
Punchbuggy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 483166 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Estate Imaging Posted at 2017-6-11 21:41

Thanks!

Hi. I'm running iOS DJI GO, but it should be the same. In my case, once I'd attached my tablet/phone to the RC and loaded DJI GO, I didn't need to go into the control screen - I just left it on the home screen (the one with the picture of P4/P4P on it). Very soon it would normally show you a message saying 'getting version information' or similar. At that point it said 'firmware update required' and gave me the option to update the RC - which I accepted. Once I power cycled the RC after that, the link LED stopped flashing red/green and was just solid red. I then forced a re-link (C1+C2+Record and pushed the P4P link button in). All good.

Do you see that on your S7?
2017-6-12
Use props
kykphantom
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5892388 ft
Cyprus

Antonio76 Posted at 2017-6-10 03:04
Let me see if I understand your actions correctly:

1) you update aircraft firmware through Assistant2

Very good! I did exactly what you said and ... ok!

Did you notice any issue with the video live feed on your device after upgrading? In my case the video coming in from AC is really horrible, even at 30m distance.
2017-6-12
Use props
Antonio76
lvl.4
Denmark

kykphantom Posted at 2017-6-12 19:27
Very good! I did exactly what you said and ... ok!

Did you notice any issue with the video live feed on your device after upgrading? In my case the video coming in from AC is really horrible, even at 30m distance.

Due to adverse weather (rain and high winds) I haven't flown yet after the updates And I will have to wait a few more days...
2017-6-12
Use props
CanonMax
lvl.4
  • >>>
Netherlands

Antonio76 Posted at 2017-6-12 22:59
Due to adverse weather (rain and high winds) I haven't flown yet after the updates  And I will have to wait a few more days...

come to the Netherlands and fly ! The weather is lovely at the moment!
2017-6-12
Use props
Antonio76
lvl.4
Denmark

CanonMax Posted at 2017-6-12 23:10
come to the Netherlands and fly  ! The weather is lovely at the moment!

I'd love to! A good occasion to see many friends I have there, but unfortunately I'm quite in a bad shape healthwise, so travelling anywhere is not an option  -at least for the moment. But thanks for the invitation!
2017-6-12
Use props
djiuser_NieABpd
New
Flight distance : 71329 ft
United States

I just received my Phantom 4 Pro yesterday and after upgrading the firmware when both the drone and remote were started I am  no longer able to connect the remote to the bird. When I try checking the firmware of the remote it shows nothing or "null". DJI support has not been able to help and told me they will send me an email in 24-48 hours so I can ship it back and have it repaired. That leaves me missing two projects next week.

Any thoughts on this issue? As of right now the drone seems fine and has a solid green light but the remote blinks red and green regardless of what I try. I've tried using Android (Samsung Galaxy 7S Edge) and an iPhone 7. It seems to me the issue is with the firmware in the remote but I have no way of updating it or downgrading. It shows no available firmware in the app and Assistant 2 only allows me to choose factory reset settings and that does nothing.
2017-8-10
Use props
HugoTW
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3723757 ft
  • >>>
Taiwan

I have the P4P+ and the solution for this was a simple swipe down on the screen to call the top up menu and choose to upgrade the FW. Two cycles and all was synced and working flawlessly.
2017-8-16
Use props
lesterphantom
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1765 ft
United Kingdom

I had the same issue, i solved mine by updating phantom via PC with the DJI Assistant first, then i had to link my RC controller manually
2017-8-16
Use props
Dr.Gamer
New
Flight distance : 63153 ft

Australia

Hello Everyone
I have same kind of problem here: the LED Light on RC flashing red green yellow (so fast) but IT DOES NOT connect to anything (not my phone LG G Flex and not DJI Assistant 2)... just works like a PowerbankI will really appiciate it if someone could help my fix this
2017-8-29
Use props
hdpscorp
lvl.4
Flight distance : 44957 ft
  • >>>
United States

I had the same problem, had to update the remote controller firmware and re-link with aircraft
2017-8-29
Use props
fansf2514528
New
Australia

Hi, I just received my P4P yesterday.  Connected and activated as per the manual.  Got the update firmware option, selected and followed the prompts.  At 99% the update failed with an error say something like unable to transfer data and to retry.  after a power cycle, everything seemed to connect but the status led on the RC flashed red and green very fast and still with the firmware update option. I attempted the previous steps all through the app.  So after reading some of these forum replies updated the birds firmware using the assist program all went well.  i did this same update for each battery.  After all that, i reinstalled the app and power cycled the rest.  Again, all connected but the led still flashes yellow/green.  I am able to control the gimbal however the picture is unrecognizable!

Using a Samsung s8 with upto date software.

any help would be appreciated.
2017-9-12
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

fansf2514528 Posted at 2017-9-12 02:02
Hi, I just received my P4P yesterday.  Connected and activated as per the manual.  Got the update firmware option, selected and followed the prompts.  At 99% the update failed with an error say something like unable to transfer data and to retry.  after a power cycle, everything seemed to connect but the status led on the RC flashed red and green very fast and still with the firmware update option. I attempted the previous steps all through the app.  So after reading some of these forum replies updated the birds firmware using the assist program all went well.  i did this same update for each battery.  After all that, i reinstalled the app and power cycled the rest.  Again, all connected but the led still flashes yellow/green.  I am able to control the gimbal however the picture is unrecognizable!

Using a Samsung s8 with upto date software.

Have you tried re-linking the RC to the aircraft ? That may solve your problem.

2017-9-12
Use props
fansf2514528
New
Australia

Aardvark Posted at 2017-9-12 03:12
Have you tried re-linking the RC to the aircraft ? That may solve your problem.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zKa8F1rsx-o

Thanks for your reply.  I tried this, the RC unit flashes blue whilst waiting for the link, once i press the link button on the AC, it stops beeping and the RC light starts to flash red/yellow again.  
2017-9-12
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

fansf2514528 Posted at 2017-9-12 03:27
Thanks for your reply.  I tried this, the RC unit flashes blue whilst waiting for the link, once i press the link button on the AC, it stops beeping and the RC light starts to flash red/yellow again.

Have you upgraded the RC firmware, that needs to be done to be able to communicate with aircraft on new firmware.

Try this:-

With RC and display connected (aircraft off), and display has a good wifi connection to internet. Run DJI Go 4 and 'enter device'. Open the 'aircraft status' screen by tapping the screen at top edge where it says 'disconnected'. The top line 'Overall Status' should show if update required (this may take a few seconds to appear). If it does then tap on that and it should take you through the process to update RC. That may make the difference to your display.
2017-9-12
Use props
fansf2514528
New
Australia

Aardvark Posted at 2017-9-12 03:30
Have you upgraded the RC firmware, that needs to be done to be able to communicate with aircraft on new firmware.

Try this:-

True legend.  I was trusting the firmware search on the apps home screen, as this wasn't flagging errors i thought i had the latest software.  I owe you a beer - now i can rest easy.
2017-9-12
Use props
fansf2514528
New
Australia

fansf2514528 Posted at 2017-9-12 03:41
True legend.  I was trusting the firmware search on the apps home screen, as this wasn't flagging errors i thought i had the latest software.  I owe you a beer - now i can rest easy.

Light fixed and camera is crisp and clear.
2017-9-12
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

fansf2514528 Posted at 2017-9-12 03:42
Light fixed and camera is crisp and clear.

That's good news then, if you want to check firmware/App' builds then, with all powered up and connected (including aircraft) tap on 'About' in the 'General Settings' menu in DJI Go 4.
2017-9-12
Use props
djiuser_ZsBXtn9
New
United Kingdom

Just had a load of problems upgrading the firmware on my Phantom 4 and got the red/green fast flashing light on the controller.  It appears the firmware in the controller was corrupted in some way.  After many frustrating attempts, I could get the firmware on the Phantom 4 to upgrade using the DJI Assistant, but couldn't get the controller to upgrade.  In the end, it seemed down to the cable I had plugged in.  I had an Ipad connected to the controller via the small USB socket, when I connected the controller to the Ipad using the large usb on the controller to lightning connector, (with the Phantom 4 off), I opened the DJI 4 app and turned on the controller.  It then came up with the option to upgrade the firmware in the controller only, follow instructions, then lots of beeping from the controller and blue light.  Finished upgrade, controller off, it then took a few seconds before the controller would let me turn on again.  When the controller and phantom 4 where turned on again, they were still connected and the flashing red/green light gone !!, back to steady green light.
2018-1-7
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

djiuser_ZsBXtn9 Posted at 2018-1-7 04:16
Just had a load of problems upgrading the firmware on my Phantom 4 and got the red/green fast flashing light on the controller.  It appears the firmware in the controller was corrupted in some way.  After many frustrating attempts, I could get the firmware on the Phantom 4 to upgrade using the DJI Assistant, but couldn't get the controller to upgrade.  In the end, it seemed down to the cable I had plugged in.  I had an Ipad connected to the controller via the small USB socket, when I connected the controller to the Ipad using the large usb on the controller to lightning connector, (with the Phantom 4 off), I opened the DJI 4 app and turned on the controller.  It then came up with the option to upgrade the firmware in the controller only, follow instructions, then lots of beeping from the controller and blue light.  Finished upgrade, controller off, it then took a few seconds before the controller would let me turn on again.  When the controller and phantom 4 where turned on again, they were still connected and the flashing red/green light gone !!, back to steady green light.

I believe the micro USB socket on the controller is likely used by DJI for diagnostics. Any connection for upgrades or normal use is via the full sized USB socket on RC.
2018-1-7
Use props
fans4be62961
lvl.1
United Kingdom

https://forum.dji.com/member.php ... %3D68&type=post
2018-1-16
Use props
fans4be62961
lvl.1
United Kingdom

FLASHING GREEN & RED LIGHTS ON CONTROLLER is also my issue with DJI phantom 3 pro, in addition the remote controller is not recognizing any device (after I have installed the DJI apps - I use apple and tried with android as well), an idea how to resolve this? (I got this remote controller in exchange under warranty for a faulty one)
2018-1-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules