Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Drone with British Airways to Turkey
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
TheWhiteGuy
New

United Kingdom

So, I will be travelling to Istanbul, Turkey next month with British Airways and only be using checked baggage. I was just curious whether or not I would only be able to carry my Drone along with me in my hand luggage especially since all the new restrictions which were put into place .
2017-6-10
Use props
DocAraxá
First Officer
Flight distance : 202283 ft
Brazil

Dear WhiteGuy,

When you say new restrictions put into place, do you refer Istambul or British Airways?
The purpose of my question is that I intend to fly to Germany by British, via Madri; so it's important for me to know about restrictions on British airways.
Thanks.
DocAraxá
2017-6-21
Use props
TheWhiteGuy
New

United Kingdom

DocAraxá Posted at 2017-6-21 04:44
Dear WhiteGuy,

When you say new restrictions put into place, do you refer Istambul or British Airways?

I know Turkey in general has some restriction but the restriction put in place were generally for countries from UK and USA to a list of other countries such as Turkey,  I believe if you're flying from Germany you should be fine especially with it being Spain as well
2017-6-26
Use props
blackcrusader
First Officer
Flight distance : 689774 ft
Taiwan

You had better research about drones laws in Turkey first.
2017-6-26
Use props
DocAraxá
First Officer
Flight distance : 202283 ft
Brazil

TheWhiteGuy Posted at 2017-6-26 15:15
I know Turkey in general has some restriction but the restriction put in place were generally for countries from UK and USA to a list of other countries such as Turkey,  I believe if you're flying from Germany you should be fine especially with it being Spain as well

Thank you very much!
2017-6-27
Use props
Gillega
lvl.1
United States

I’ve recently traveled United (several times within U.S.) and sailed through TSA checkpoint without  questions. Note: I removed the battery and sent them via U.S. Mail. I also called United and they were very helpful in confirming regulation they’ve posted on their website. In General, no batteries in carry on. Batteries in check luggage’s must have contact points covered / taped and must not exceed the FAA required voltage. The FAA required voltage restriction may be a pain as you need to confirm your batteries capacity and calculate that based on the number of batteries you are taking with you. (Batteries was one of the Part 107 test question I had and thankfully I studied enough to be able to calculate).
In Phoenix, the TSA agents asked to see my drone but it was because of interest in the drone and not a safety concerns. So, I would contact the airlines as well as the country you plan to visit. I hope this helps
2017-6-27
Use props
dancopter
First Officer
Flight distance : 17901030 ft
  • >>>
United Arab Emirates

Batteries should be fine as carry on. They're below 100 Wh, so under the applicable limit. This is one of the reasons the Inspire 2 has two batteries, so they are both under the limit.

My Phantom got swabbed for explosives once, but was soon on my way.
2017-7-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules