"Strong interference. Fly with caution" with DJI GO 4 (4.1.0)
11256 17 2017-6-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Commodon
lvl.2
Flight distance : 347677 ft
United States

I have had my Phantom 4 for six months.

It is running the latest firmware available, of which there has not been an update in a while. With the Remote Controller, I use the standard DJI GO 4 application and I keep this up to date as well. For my tablet, I use an NVidia Shield, with its wireless disabled. On the tablet, there are no third-party applications installed.

With regards to my use, I am a registered user. I reside in the United States. I fly every couple of weeks and I abide by the FAA rules. When I fly, all batteries are fully charged, I power-cycle the tablet before its use with the RC. I also ensure the tablet is running without any power optimization features enabled. It is attached to the RC using a short 8-inch cable. Suffice to say, I am safe, methodical when it comes to flying. ;)

With this all being said, I am pleased to say I have *never* had an issue flying my drone in the area(s) I fly. In fact, I visit the same, open grassy fields, near a lake, a fair distance away from residential areas.  It is the perfect location to practice my flying skills, etc. Moreover, while I have always enjoyed using my drone, it is recently with an update to the DJI GO 4 application, I am encountering an issue I cannot overcome.

For unknown reasons, starting with 4.0.9 the DJI Go 4 application is frequently displaying every 10-15 seconds, "Strong Interference. Fly with caution" pop-up messages. This is something very, very new. Never, have I encountered this message before until after I updated to 4.0.9.

n my effort to troubleshoot, I have uninstalled the application, and re-installed it. I have also tried it on a Nexus 7 Tablet with the same results.

I am very confident there are no issues with the drone itself. And I know there are no issues with the tablet(s) I have used. The only issue remaining is the DJI GO 4 application itself and what changes were introduced with the 4.0.9 release. What is curious is that the drone does not appear to exhibit any issues with flying, control, response, video, etc. As far as I can see, it is still working perfectly, but this pop-up message keeps popping up every fifteen seconds and because it is impossible to know if the message is legitimate or a false alarm; it is a cause for concern every time it appears.

Recently, I saw the update to 4.1.0 and hoping this would resolve the issue, I updated the application, but the issue persists. As a result, I have since downloaded and installed a third party application, i.e. Litchi for use with the Phantom 4 and tried it to see if the issue occurs with this application. It does not. In fact, it works very well.

I would prefer to revert to using the DJI Go 4 application, but at present, there is something amiss with it.

Is it possible the logic behind displaying this message may be "too" sensitive?
2017-6-10
Use props
pasaytenpete
lvl.3
Flight distance : 47346 ft
United States

Are there any cell towers around?
2017-6-10
Use props
Goggles Pisano
Second Officer
Flight distance : 8810745 ft
  • >>>
United States

I am having the exact same issue except video is choppy and app crashes on regular basis. I have done everything you have done too with no luck. I have over 800 flights with 2 drones (phantom 3 prof and phantom4) with no issues till this spring when I started flying again after long winter. I'm using Samsung Nexus 9 and Note 3 both have issues. Called DJI and they suggested I try a 3rd device and see if that works. I have tried everything to fix problem but no luck. I live on top of mountain ,no cell tower etc..
I strongly suggest only flying LOS till you and me resolve issue.
Looking forward to see if anybody else has any ideas on this problem....

Goggles
2017-6-10
Use props
ocean224
lvl.3
United States

I too get this message. and yes, I live in the City and there are cell towers every where. So far I have pretty much ignored this message. The Phantom flies fine. I don't go over about 4 blocks away though. I have noticed no ill effects. Maybe if I tried to fly farther it may act up. I even tried signal boosters and they had no effect. Still get the message. I need to take it to a rural area and see if the message appears. I'm thinking there is a lot of 2.4 ghz interference where I fly. This does not affect my home built air craft though.
2017-6-10
Use props
Commodon
lvl.2
United States

pasaytenpete Posted at 2017-6-10 07:38
Are there any cell towers around?

Thanks for the reply.

No, there are no cell towers in the area, but aside from this, I fly in the same area, week after week. And there were no issues prior to this, before the update to the application.
2017-6-12
Use props
Commodon
lvl.2
United States

Goggles Pisano Posted at 2017-6-10 09:36
I am having the exact same issue except video is choppy and app crashes on regular basis. I have done everything you have done too with no luck. I have over 800 flights with 2 drones (phantom 3 prof and phantom4) with no issues till this spring when I started flying again after long winter. I'm using Samsung Nexus 9 and Note 3 both have issues. Called DJI and they suggested I try a 3rd device and see if that works. I have tried everything to fix problem but no luck. I live on top of mountain ,no cell tower etc..
I strongly suggest only flying LOS till you and me resolve issue.
Looking forward to see if anybody else has any ideas on this problem....

This weekend, I flew my drone, but had to resort to using the Litchi application. At present, I have no faith in the use of the DJI GO 4 (4.1.0) application.
2017-6-12
Use props
Commodon
lvl.2
United States

I am at a loss, other than to not use the DJI GO 4 (4.1.0) application. This message "Strong Interference. Fly with caution" appears to be false as I do not experience it if I use the Litchi application.
For reference I am using the following:

Phantom 4 drone running 01.02.0602

nVidia Shield running DJI GO 4 v4.1.0 (87-gpTablet)

Remote Controller running 1.8.0

2017-6-12
Use props
Augustus Brian
lvl.4
Flight distance : 397592 ft
United States

Commodon:

My situation is the same. Go 4 is iffy with my Phantom 4 and my nVidia Shield K1. So I just use Litchi. I'd thought, like you, that I would prefer the Go 4 app, but with these recurrent issues, I've given up on that line of thinking. Litchi works, every time, without issue, so....

...and....Litchi's implementation of Waypoints is far superior to the meager, problematic Go 4 function.

Keep Smiling,

Augustus
2017-6-13
Use props
Commodon
lvl.2
United States

Augustus Brian Posted at 2017-6-13 03:50
Commodon:

My situation is the same. Go 4 is iffy with my Phantom 4 and my nVidia Shield K1. So I just use Litchi. I'd thought, like you, that I would prefer the Go 4 app, but with these recurrent issues, I've given up on that line of thinking. Litchi works, every time, without issue, so....

Agreed. I used Litchi this past weekend, and after reading their manual, really like what they offer.
2017-6-13
Use props
Commodon
lvl.2
United States

Update...

While I normally disable the built-in wireless adapter on my tablet I leave the cellular adapter enabled to allow the opportunity of streaming live to Facebook. I just discovered if I disable the cellular adapter in addition, the pop-up "Strong Interference. Fly with caution" is no longer appearing...
2017-6-15
Use props
ocean224
lvl.3
United States

Commodon Posted at 2017-6-15 10:20
Update...

While I normally disable the built-in wireless adapter on my tablet I leave the cellular adapter enabled to allow the opportunity of streaming live to Facebook. I just discovered if I disable the cellular adapter in addition, the pop-up "Strong Interference. Fly with caution" is no longer appearing...

Gonna try this.
2017-6-15
Use props
X24
lvl.1

United States

I too am experiencing strong wireless interference messages. This has never happened before until I updated the DJI App. I live in the country with no cell towers so  I know that’s not an issue. As a matter of fact, no matter where I fly the message appears. I have flown at different places miles apart, even to a different state. It’s a bug in the app. No doubt about it.  
2017-12-15
Use props
SHamers
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1001020 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Same issue here - in Netherlands. Never got this message before: not with the p3p/Mavic....
2017-12-15
Use props
ALABAMA
First Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

Evidently, for whatever reason,  the app is more sensitive now to even the slightest interference.   I just ignore most of the time, depending on location..
2017-12-15
Use props
Jim Watkins
Second Officer
Flight distance : 9132172 ft
United States

I get the same warnings regardless of where I am.  I also get High Wind Warning when winds are calm.  And the gimbal goes limp, but usually recovers after a few seconds.  Lovely huh?  I had a planned to upgrade to a P4P sometime back, but now I am VERY reluctant to trust DJI.  I can not afford to lose a lot of money because DJI is no longer supporting their products.

--Jim Watkins
(Burbank, CA)
2017-12-15
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I too have too many wind and interference warnings, this is all well and good but ever heard of "The Boy Who Cried Wolf"
I ignore all of these now because i know the area i am in is free from this issue, i also know what the wind will be like higher up

BUT, this will become a problem when there is a REAL warning and we ignore it, whos fault is that, ours or DJI's?
If they say ours, then with all these warnings, we shouldnt be flying, something has to be done and soon before there is a serious issue
2017-12-15
Use props
fans730009b5
lvl.2
Flight distance : 49055 ft
United Kingdom

I had experienced the same problem. I bought a new Phantom 4 (no Pro), made the updates and the DJI app was crashing continuously in my iPhone X...finally I have got the updates with an Android device. Actually I am flying in the same position I flew with the Mavic Pro, and got this annoying message, I don't get it with the Mavic Pro. So definitely there is something strange between the app and the Phantom 4 RC. The high wind alert should be normal even if you don't experience wind in the ground but probably at 50m up there is strong wind. I use UAV Forecast app and they give you the wind velocity at different altitudes. Well end of the day I well spent the money for the Litchi app that solve a lot of problem. But the main problem still the DJI Go 4 app which suppose to be 100% compatible with our drones crash since they released the new SDK last August, until the problem is not fixed I would use Litchi that save me by random hearth attack.
2017-12-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules