Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
To Update or Not
1049 4 2017-6-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
bigal
lvl.4
Flight distance : 65771 ft
United Kingdom

Not sure about updating My DJi Go app. I am flying a Phantom 4 in the UK using Dji Go 4 app 4.0.7 version 01.02.0602  using a Samsung Tab 4 Tablet with no internet connection when away from home  and it is giving me no problems, The area I fly in is just outside of an official Restricted Zone but well inside of DJIs Restricted Zone so I have the Geo System turned off, I fear that if I do update the DJI app and Phantom Firmware it will take away the ability to Turn Off the Geo System, this would badly impacted on my enjoyment of flying in the said Zone.
Any thoughts or advice would be appressiated

2017-6-10
Use props
Aardvark
Captain
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I'm running latest V4.1.0 of DJI Go 4. And both the Android & IOS versions still maintain the ability to turn off GEO.
2017-6-10
Use props
bigal
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Aardvark Posted at 2017-6-10 09:34
I'm running latest V4.1.0 of DJI Go 4. And both the Android & IOS versions still maintain the ability to turn off GEO.

Thanks for that Aardvark, it maybe the Phantom Firmware that will take away the ability to Turn the Geo System on and off, i keep reading threads about New Firmware restrictions, there is a lot of good information and advice on the forum from people like yourself  but there is also a lot of confusion on some topics can be a bit off putting at times, many thanks for your response.
2017-6-10
Use props
Labroides
Captain
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

bigal Posted at 2017-6-10 09:53
Thanks for that Aardvark, it maybe the Phantom Firmware that will take away the ability to Turn the Geo System on and off, i keep reading threads about New Firmware restrictions, there is a lot of good information and advice on the forum from people like yourself  but there is also a lot of confusion on some topics can be a bit off putting at times, many thanks for your response.

"maybe the Phantom Firmware that will take away the ability to Turn the Geo System on and off"
Maybe the new firmware will cook eggs for breakfast or make excuses for lipstick stains of your collar but DJI aren't going to cripple the best ready-to-fly drones you can buy.

"I keep reading threads about New Firmware restrictions, "
You're reading the ramblings of people that have an unhealthy dose of paranoia and no idea what they are on about.
2017-6-10
Use props
bigal
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Labroides Posted at 2017-6-10 15:50
"maybe the Phantom Firmware that will take away the ability to Turn the Geo System on and off"
Maybe the new firmware will cook eggs for breakfast or make excuses for lipstick stains of your collar but DJI aren't going to cripple the best ready-to-fly drones you can buy.

Thank you Labroides your words of advice and opinions' are always welcomed by me and hopefully many others.
2017-6-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules