672 1 2015-3-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Farnk666
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1711394 ft
Australia

Hey Folks,

Long time lurker on the Forum - many thanks to all of you for the many informative and entertaining discussions I've had the pleasure to read over the past months.

Well, finally took the plunge today and I'm the proud owner of a new Inspire 1!
This has been a bit of a journey - last year was looking towards a large hex or octo rig, but saw the Inspire at launch and the decision was made.
I'm primarily looking towards the UAV for stills photography, but will be experimenting with video and capturing aerial panorama shots.

I've not had any RC experience before, but for the past few months have practiced skills with a little Syma X5c. Great fun and almost indestructible.
Have to say that $80 on ebay was well spent as it was a great way to learn some skills on the sticks without the $$ anxiety and pressure of crashing an expensive bird.

Just as with a number of you I wasn't intending to fly right away but the urge towards a bright shiny toy was just too much, so out of the box it came, firmware loaded up and calibrations done in short order. I have just come back from the park after a brief maiden flight and I'm grinning like an idiot...

Awesome - It handles very well and has a LOT of power. Will be taking things VERY gently for a while as I get to grips with it.

2015-3-13
Use props
gareth.greener
lvl.2
Flight distance : 366201 ft
United Kingdom

Congratulations, and welcome to the I1 club ;)
Looking forward to your many photo posts
2015-3-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules