1477 9 2017-6-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
dreamspy
lvl.1

Iceland

Hi

I'm wondering if this setup:

Inspire 1 + Zenmuse X5 + some wide angle lens (possibly Olympus 9-18mm)

would be good for shooting aerial spherical panoramas, or if you guys would recommend something else? I'm mostly interested in taking good photographs, and don't really need the more advanced video capabilites of the Inspire 2, plus I'm on a limitedbudget so I was hoping to not go much over the price of the system I mentioned.

Note that I already have the Olympus laying around.

Also, are there any essential accessories I should get with this system? I'm completely new to drones

Regards
Frímann
2017-6-10
Use props
dreamspy
lvl.1

Iceland

Note that I'm using this in a professional setup, so being able to the 360° spherical panoramas as fast as possible is optimal.
2017-6-10
Use props
DJI-Mark
Second Officer

United States

The Inspire 1 with the X 5 camera does have the ability to shoot 360. The camera does have a high end reputation so this type of set up would be good for you.  Are there any concerns you may have?
2017-6-12
Use props
dreamspy
lvl.1

Iceland

Well I was mostly corned about if the camera would be suitable, it's best to shoot raw when doing 360's, and it seems to me that X5 is capable of that.

Also, I'm working in quite windy conditions (it's always windy here in Iceland) so I'm a bit concerned about that.

Regards
Frímann
2017-6-12
Use props
dreamspy
lvl.1

Iceland

I've recently been told that I need the X5S to be able to use the Olympus 9-18mm, which is the most suitable one for 360 IMO. Anyone care to comment on that? Can't see why it doesn't work with the X5.
2017-6-20
Use props
pharos
New
Turkey

not the right place I know but could not make a new thread?
Hello all
I have been using Inspire1 pro with zenmuse X5R camera for 3D mapping geomorphological structures.
I am using pix4D for processing the imagery and was using pix4d capture for flight plans.

Unfortunately the most recent android pix4d capture app has some unresolved issues with INSPIRE 1 which cuts down flight speed during mission (the developer claim that it is the triggering mechanism for zenmuse x5r)

To cut it short I bought an ipad pro to benefit from GSpro and I tested a few minutes ago.

bummer! restricted number of waypoints for flight plan (99?? )and the drone basicly stops to take a picture, which limits the mission a lot more than pix4d capture.

Am I cursed? should I buy a P4Pro?

thanks for any help
2017-6-20
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

dreamspy Posted at 2017-6-20 02:36
I've recently been told that I need the X5S to be able to use the Olympus 9-18mm, which is the most suitable one for 360 IMO. Anyone care to comment on that? Can't see why it doesn't work with the X5.

The X5 and the X5S can handle weight distribution differently to where it can be an issue using the same lens interchangably. You could give it a try with your X5, making sure that the gimbal is balanced. It may take a balance ring or the additional use of a UV or ND filter to do so. Just to clarify Mark's statement, the X5 cannot spin 360 degrees freely. It is able to spin 270 degrees in either direction.
2017-6-20
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

pharos Posted at 2017-6-20 05:51
not the right place I know but could not make a new thread?
Hello all
I have been using Inspire1 pro with zenmuse X5R camera for 3D mapping geomorphological structures.

I responded to you on another thread.
2017-6-20
Use props
dreamspy
lvl.1

Iceland

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-6-20 11:20
The X5 and the X5S can handle weight distribution differently to where it can be an issue using the same lens interchangably. You could give it a try with your X5, making sure that the gimbal is balanced. It may take a balance ring or the additional use of a UV or ND filter to do so. Just to clarify Mark's statement, the X5 cannot spin 360 degrees freely. It is able to spin 270 degrees in either direction.

Good point. Does the X5S spin freely?
2017-6-21
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

dreamspy Posted at 2017-6-21 14:28
Good point. Does the X5S spin freely?

It does not spin freely. At the 270 degree rotation limit, you'll have about 1 3/4th of complete rotation in either direction before the gimbal would reach its literal limit.
2017-6-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules