1234Next >
10370 132 2015-3-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
bostonlines
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1045558 ft
United States

I submitted my Inspire for repair and they received it on 6 March according to USPS tracking.  My RMA is 3315240103831.  I'll post all updates here so you guys will have a sense of the average turnaround time for our beloved machines.
2015-3-13
Use props
benjaminsink
lvl.2

United States

I'll be interested to see if yours makes it out first or mine. They received mine on March 3rd. I spoke with someone that works their at LA repair center and he said I need to give it two weeks before I inquire for more information. Seems fair. Mine went into "queue" on March 10th...
2015-3-13
Use props
Abe
lvl.4
Flight distance : 524032 ft
  • >>>
United States

They received mine on March 6th, too. I've not heard anything yet. They must be busy -- I believe when they "check it into repair" they will send an email.
2015-3-13
Use props
howie121218
lvl.3

United States

Mine's in their queue on March 9th. the position status changed from "PL" to "RS", PL stands for pro line, not sure what RS stands for, anyone knows about it? repairing service?
2015-3-13
Use props
benjaminsink
lvl.2

United States

How do you check position status ?
2015-3-13
Use props
budnikasr
lvl.2

Canada

Here's my experience:

Shipped my unit on February 9th, 2015
DJI Received it on February 18th, 2015
DJI Checked it in and received and email on February 24th, 2015 Email stated it would take 3-4 weeks.
Sent email on February 25th, 2015 question why the length of time.
DJI responded on February 25th, 2015 stating that it is a ProLine Product and should be less that 3-4 weeks.
DJI Notified me on March 10th, 2015 that the repair was completed. Basically replaced a broken arm. Repair was free which leads me to believe it was a fault with the unit. They say that they tested and flew it.
DJI Notified me on March 11th, 2015 that the unit will be shipped and provided me with a Fedex Waybill Number
Fedex shows that the unit will arrive on March 18th, 2015.

So about 5 weeks. As others had told me, be patient. But it's very difficult when you have invested so much. I think it is understandable if it is pilot error, but for a warranty repair they need to pick it up.  The biggest hurdle is lack of communication. Throughout the time it was away, very little communication and I asked, to the point I got chastised on this forum. Overall, until I get my unit back and I want to see, did they actually upgrade the firmware, because if they didn't, how much did they really test. I asked the question on zendesk, but they still haven't replied. Oh Well, I guess they're fixing the next ones.

Good luck to all and hope you get your units back very soon, so we can actually fly them.
2015-3-13
Use props
howie121218
lvl.3

United States

benjaminsink@ho Posted at 2015-3-14 04:36
How do you check position status ?

go to your DJI tecnology login, check your current activity
2015-3-13
Use props
RickRoberts01
lvl.4
Flight distance : 191575 ft
United States

Returned to DJI 2/20
Estimate received & paid 2/25
3/12 unit repaired and returning
ETA 3/17
2015-3-13
Use props
Inspire1flyer
lvl.2

United States

So a little less than a month for your particular situation. Would mind sharing what you had done and what they charged you?
2015-3-13
Use props
RickRoberts01
lvl.4
Flight distance : 191575 ft
United States

Parts $72
Repair $260
Freight -0-
Crashed into a tree, Inspire fell to the ground from 40'.
Technician's note:

"Your Inspire One has been repaired. The technician replaced the central
frame component, the right arm and repaired the camera/gimbal assembly.
Your unit was test flown and is fully operational"
2015-3-13
Use props
bostonlines
lvl.3
United States

DJI said there was an average check-in time once it reaches their facility of 10 days. They claim after those 10 days, it takes around 3-4 weeks for repair completion. Hopefully mine is much quicker, but I'm preparing for the worst.
2015-3-13
Use props
bostonlines
lvl.3
United States

howie121218@gma Posted at 2015-3-14 06:42
go to your DJI tecnology login, check your current activity

Do you have a link to the DJI Technology login?
2015-3-14
Use props
howie121218
lvl.3

United States

bostonlines@gma Posted at 2015-3-15 06:25

Yes I do, DJI should set up one for you. if you do not have one, call them.
2015-3-14
Use props
howie121218
lvl.3

United States

here's the link below:

https://djitechnology.zendesk.co ... &theme=hc#login
2015-3-14
Use props
howie121218
lvl.3

United States

here's the link below:

https://djitechnology.zendesk.co ... &theme=hc#login
2015-3-14
Use props
bostonlines
lvl.3
United States

Thanks.  I was contacted by DJI today that my unit was checked in.  So 10 days after my unit arrived to their shop I get an email.   I'll keep everyone updated.

Check-in unit:  10 days
Repair time:  TBD
Cost: TBD
Total turnaround time (Delivery to my doorstep): TBD
2015-3-16
Use props
bmlawdog753
lvl.2
Flight distance : 179268 ft
United States

Mine was received on the 16th and I have not heard anything back yet. Its only been 2 days, I know but just giving an update. My damage consists of camera and cradle broken, one arm and two front feet broken. Im not sure on repair cost but my fingers are crossed.
2015-3-18
Use props
jason
lvl.1

United States

My unit was checked in on Feb 25th.  So, 23 days now and I haven't heard anything.  I suppose that means they are fixing the unit and not intending to charge for anything?   No information on my zen desk login.  Called DJI today.  The gentleman said "they've told you what they want you to know and you won't hear anything else until they're ready to.  it's up to the repair center."  I asked if there was a way to just follow up on it or a direct number to the repair center to just check in on the progress.  "absolutely not".
2015-3-20
Use props
bdavid01
New

United States

I have an issue similar yet different.  I had the unit <30 days and identified the glitchey gimbal issue as well as a briked RC due to the newest firmware.  They insisted that I send the entire unit back to them due to the gimbal issue.   my issue is this,  I did NOT pay for a refurbished unit, I paid full retail price for a brand new unit.  I am uncertain why I am being forced to return the unit to the factory for repairs but I have not crashed nor have I scratched or dented it.  I feel that this is unacceptable and wonder if anyone else is in this situation and if so, how did you handle it, etc.  My expectation is that I should receive a new, unopened, unrepaired, non refurbished unit.  Perhaps I expect too much for my 4k spend?
2015-3-20
Use props
skyvideoct
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1136230 ft
United States

DJI Management has NO clue what will happen with the ABYSS of support to their product in a market that they thought would keep them alive and well. I look at the products page and keep my wits about me and NOT order additional product such as the Spreading Wings because of the total lack of commitment I fell now. Web sales can only be backed up by commitments and I've been stung now and will not but another product until I get some sort of response from the illusive DJI management, period.
Good products deflated by sour support = dead company. 'nuff said.
2015-3-20
Use props
rodger
First Officer
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

I think it depends upon the work load and what the quad requires to be back to normal. It is like anything else. take your vehicle to the Dealer and you are out of there in an hour. Take it again for a different problem and you may hear we need parts and it will be a few days. That's Life my friend.
2015-3-20
Use props
rodger
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Tailhook Assoc. Thank you for your service. What did you fly? Maybe something new for the Drone Community? A "Top Gun" Inspire Pilot !!!!!
2015-3-20
Use props
bostonlines
lvl.3
United States

rodger Posted at 2015-3-21 04:12
Tailhook Assoc. Thank you for your service. What did you fly? Maybe something new for the Drone Comm ...

i flew vikings.  ironically, the far/aim was my bible throughout my military career.  nowadays, i'm going against the FAA...sorta.
2015-3-21
Use props
rodger
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

bostonlines@gma Posted at 2015-3-22 05:20
i flew vikings.  ironically, the far/aim was my bible throughout my military career.  nowadays, i' ...

The FAA is trying to sort things out I would imagine. There are a lot of issues at hand. As usual it only takes a few idiotic moves to ruin it for the rest. I can for see Licensing on the Horizon. How they will police it I have no idea. Maybe a fine after an incident?
2015-3-22
Use props
bostonlines
lvl.3
United States

Update to my Inspire repair. What is "AR1 D"?  On my activities page it states

Repair Queue Position
AR1 D
Invoice Needed
No
Is The Due Amount Paid
No
2015-3-23
Use props
mountmotor
lvl.4

United States

bostonlines@gma Posted at 2015-3-24 05:12
Update to my Inspire repair. What is "AR1 D"?  On my activities page it states

Repair Queue Positio ...

The "D" stands for Diagnostics...Mine was just repaired and am waiting the unit to clear logistics so it can be returned to me...The next step after AR1 D is "RL Shelf" which stands for "Repair Line Shelf." This looks like the repair process.
2015-3-24
Use props
bostonlines
lvl.3
United States

mountmotor Posted at 2015-3-25 07:04
The "D" stands for Diagnostics...Mine was just repaired and am waiting the unit to clear logistics ...

Thanks!  Mine says "RI Shelf" now.  I wonder if there's a difference between an "I" and an "L" or maybe it was just fat fingered in.  Congrats on your completion.  Can't wait to hear if it flies like new.  Maybe they'll throw in the E800 props for free.
2015-3-24
Use props
bostonlines
lvl.3
United States

mountmotor Posted at 2015-3-25 07:04
The "D" stands for Diagnostics...Mine was just repaired and am waiting the unit to clear logistics ...

did you have to pay for the repair or was it covered under warranty?  
2015-3-24
Use props
mountmotor
lvl.4

United States

bostonlines@gma Posted at 2015-3-25 07:47
did you have to pay for the repair or was it covered under warranty?

As of right now, they did not request any sort of payment. My crash should be covered under warranty however. Under the Invoice Needed section of the Zendesk ticket, it says "NO" so it looks like it is covered. How about you?
2015-3-24
Use props
bostonlines
lvl.3
United States

Right now it says "no" but I'm not sure if they even looked at mine since it only says RI Shelf. I believe we're supposed to get another email saying it's either been repaired or payment is due prior to repair.

2015-3-24
Use props
mountmotor
lvl.4

United States

Tahoe_Ed emailed me and told me my Inspire 1 has already been repaired but here is what my ticket looks like...
2015-3-24
Use props
bostonlines
lvl.3
United States

mountmotor Posted at 2015-3-25 10:47
Tahoe_Ed emailed me and told me my Inspire 1 has already been repaired but here is what my ticket lo ...

I don't see an attachment.
2015-3-24
Use props
mountmotor
lvl.4

United States

Sorry, here it is...
Screen Shot 2015-03-24 at 4.47.51 PM.png
2015-3-24
Use props
bostonlines
lvl.3
United States

That's exactly what mine says.  Tahoe_Ed never emailed me to tell me the status.  Here's what DJI emailed me today after I asked about my Inspire a few weeks ago:
"Unless you have received an email from DJI about your repair, there is no update available. The estimated time for normal RMAs to be processed at our facility is 5-6 weeks from the date your product was delivered, not the check-in date. You will be emailed at several key points of repair, and we'd like to remind you of when that will happen:
  • When your RMA is unpacked and checked into our ticket system
  • If your RMA has been reviewed and will be a charged repair (ie: not under warranty - you will receive an invoice with this update)
  • When your RMA has been repaired, flight tested, and packaged to be picked up by a carrier with a tracking number provided (you will receive a list of repairs done and parts replaced with this update)"

2015-3-24
Use props
Bob Marley
lvl.4

United States

bostonlines@gma Posted at 2015-3-25 14:33
That's exactly what mine says.  Tahoe_Ed never emailed me to tell me the status.  Here's what DJI e ...

So where is your bird, it's been almost 3 weeks?
2015-3-24
Use props
bostonlines
lvl.3
United States

it's at DJI in Torrance, CA.  I have two, so hopefully my backup doesn't malfunction either.
2015-3-24
Use props
mountmotor
lvl.4

United States

bostonlines@gma Posted at 2015-3-25 14:50
it's at DJI in Torrance, CA.  I have two, so hopefully my backup doesn't malfunction either.

Mine is also at the Torrance location...I'm only about a 45 minute drive away from it
2015-3-25
Use props
bostonlines
lvl.3
United States

Update:

My repair status update just updated to "Repair Completed".  This has been like this since March 26th.  Not sure what happens after that.

It looks like my Inspire was repaired under warranty.  I'll report back once I receive the unit and let you guys know how it flies, records, existing jello, etc.

BL
2015-3-28
Use props
Abe
lvl.4
Flight distance : 524032 ft
  • >>>
United States

It took 20 days from when they received it but I was notified on the 20th day that mine was not repairable. New one is on order. They made a reasonable offer to replace the unit which I happily accepted. Not sure how long it will take to receive it. Keeping my fingers crossed. In my case I am happy with the communication and overall service DJI has provided, particularly since I'm sure the company is flooded with demand for both products and repairs.
2015-3-28
Use props
bostonlines
lvl.3
United States

20 days is about average.  I haven't heard a peep from them though. Just updates on the website which was from "RI Shelf" to "Repair completed". Communication is really bad. Wish there was more transparency in the repair process.
2015-3-28
Use props
1234Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules