Zenmuse X5S - All images have a bright spot in near the center
962 2 2017-6-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JWG
lvl.1
Flight distance : 113018 ft
United States

I mapped a cultivated field using the Inspire 2 w/X5S camera and Drone Deploy as the operating system. One flight at 250' elev. and the other at 200' elev. Collected 350 and 450 images respectively. While prepping the images to upload to the mapping software I noticed that all the photographs have a bright spot that drifts all over the pictures; like a reflection from the sun on the lens (please see picture). But I know it wasn't because the lens points straight down while taking the images and it was around noon when the sun was at it's highest point. I used the default camera setting from Drone Deploy. Has anybody else had this issue?
Thanks,
Joe G

0480.jpg
2017-6-10
Use props
Dan Bellerive
lvl.2
Flight distance : 733668 ft
United States

Joe,
This looks like it may be an opposition effect from the drone's shadow if this was shot around midday. I've had similar issues in the past, but for mapping I aim for a uniformly lit day without strong directional light (the viability of this depends on what you're using the finished product for, though.)
2017-6-12
Use props
Mike-the-cat
lvl.4
Flight distance : 22488593 ft
  • >>>
Singapore

In addition to what Dan said, you may want to look here. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Opposition_surge
In brief, nothing wrong with DJI here.
2017-6-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules