Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Bright Spot on all Images while mapping
1349 3 2017-6-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JWG
lvl.1
Flight distance : 113018 ft
United States

I mapped a cultivated field using the Inspire 2 w/X5S camera and Drone Deploy as the operating system. One flight at 250' elev. and the other at 200' elev. Collected 350 and 450 images respectively. While prepping the images to upload to the mapping software I noticed that all the photographs have a bright spot that drifts all over the pictures; like a reflection from the sun on the lens (please see picture). But I know it wasn't because the lens points straight down while taking the images and it was around noon when the sun was at it's highest point. I used the default camera setting from Drone Deploy. Has anybody else had this issue?
Thanks,
Joe G

0478.jpg
2017-6-11
Use props
Mark Guille
Captain
Flight distance : 2031818 ft
Jersey

Hi Joe,

I had a very similar botheration, it turned out to be the sun reflecting off a greenhouse, is there anything like that nearby that could reflect the sun?

Mark G.
2017-6-11
Use props
Daroga
Captain
Flight distance : 3517287 ft
  • >>>
United States

There are at least two optical phenomena when the sun is directly behind the aircraft/camera. The first is a bright spot created around the aircraft shadow and is called Heiligenschein and described here ->
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heiligenschein

Another similar phenomena that has a more rainbow effect is called a glory -> Click here to read about a glory.

While I don't see the aircraft shadow, if you were shooting straight down and the sun was directly overhead at noon, then the circumstances were perfect to produce a Heiligenschein....
2017-6-11
Use props
Electro-Nick
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5989180 ft
United Kingdom

Midday sun & camera pointing down... Heiligenschein.
2017-6-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules