Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
shelf life
907 3 2017-6-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Orlando_Jeff
Second Officer
Flight distance : 49147 ft
United States

Lately, I've been working two jobs both day and night with no time to fly my baby. It's been a least two months since my last flight. My question is....do I need recalabrate anything or are the settings still good from my last flight....

2017-6-11
Use props
Uncle Stumpy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 140315 ft
United States

First, I am sorry that you have to be working 2 jobs. Hopefully you will pay your dues and then the hard work will pay off. I know, I am retired but I paid my dues for 30 years, so when I get up at noon and go fly my Phantom, I don't feel guilty at all. Neither will you.
The only thing I can think of is that there might be firmware updates you need to download and install, but if your "baby" needs anything she will tell you.
Obviously if you fly her at a new place you will need to calibrate the GPS.
Hang in there.
2017-6-11
Use props
solentlife
Captain
Flight distance : 1087530 ft
Latvia

Basic answer is nothing to change.

You may have update to FW or GO .... but that's it. If you power up and there's no warning to update - go enjoy !

Just a little note - we do not calibrate GPS on any of these .... GPS only 're-locates' when powering up in different location to last. Nothing for us to do.

Calibration is :
IMU - accelerometers, gyros and compass interpretation,
Compass - direction determination and local magnetics. Avoid recalibrating compass if previous flights were fine and only when you've moved significant distance over 100kms or more !
Gimbal - to have proper relation of gimbal / camera to model axis.
Controller sticks

As I said - if model was flying good when put away - there is no reason it has changed in any way.

Only point to remember is that battery's are probably in hibernation mode now. Connect charger and leave connected even if you see no LED come on .... it may take a few minutes for battery to wake up and then lights / charge will start.

Nigel
2017-6-11
Use props
Orlando_Jeff
Second Officer
Flight distance : 49147 ft
United States

thanks guys for the info. hopefully, I will be able to get back flying soon
2017-6-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now