How to update P4P RC firmware V 1.4.1.0?
10280 13 2017-6-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
neildon
lvl.1
Flight distance : 386188 ft
United States

How do I update my P4P Remote Controller firmware? When I connect to DJI Assistant 2 (Version 1.1.0_2) All I see is "restore factory defaults"

From the DJI GO 4 App it wants to update the aircraft first. This thread, https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... ewthread&fid=68, says

"If you are  updating via DJI GO 4, make sure you update the aircraft but only after  restarting the updated remote controller. Otherwise, there will be an  error in the progress bar of the aircraft update."

So, how do I update the RC?
Where can I download the
Phantom 4 Pro Remote Controller Firmware : V 1.4.1.0?

When I updated the aircraft with
DJI Assistant 2 I lost the video feed so rolled back the firmware to V01.03.0509

Thanks,

2017-6-11
Use props
Punchbuggy
First Officer
Flight distance : 483166 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Can't comment on the other thread referenced. But I upgraded both fine.
I updated the P4P first via Assistant 2, then I powered up my RC with tablet attached. The RC and P4P wouldn't connect, and the RC LED was rapidly flickering red/green - I assume to confirm that action was required. On the tablet I started DJI GO, and on the splash screen I was advised that the RC needed a firmware upgrade - do I want to? I agreed, and it downloaded OK. Then I just needed to power cycled both devices, and performed a manual connection (C1+C2+Record).
2017-6-11
Use props
neildon
lvl.1
Flight distance : 386188 ft
United States

Thanks Punchbuggy,
I'll try again. After updating the P4P via Assistant 2 and launching DJ GO4 on the tablet attached to the RC I didn't get the RC needed a firmware update message. The led was blinking red.
2017-6-12
Use props
Bob Flys
New
United States

I tried so many times doing the latest firmware update with many errors on the RC, would not update from the phone.  Just by chance I was connecting it to my PC and it was not able to be updated from the PC only gave me the option to reset,  BUT... I was in my office which is where my router is located and I once again tried the iPhone app again and it worked immediately.  Does not make sense why it worked beside the router, I had good WIFI strength in the other room which is right beside the office, but it worked when my phone was beside the router (WIFI) .....
2017-6-14
Use props
WC-Pilot
lvl.1
Flight distance : 148258 ft
United States

do you have a copy of the V 01.03.0509 firmware?  I am trying to find it so I can switch to that vs. the latest debacle just released.  I have a P4P+ RC unit.
2017-6-16
Use props
racer888
lvl.3
Flight distance : 99970 ft
United States

WC-Pilot Posted at 2017-6-16 17:29
do you have a copy of the V 01.03.0509 firmware?  I am trying to find it so I can switch to that vs. the latest debacle just released.  I have a P4P+ RC unit.

Try this link:
Check this link comment #265http://www.phantompilots.com/thr ... 0602.116642/page-14
2017-6-16
Use props
racer888
lvl.3
United States

racer888 Posted at 2017-6-16 18:32
Try this link:
Check this link comment #265http://www.phantompilots.com/thr ... 0602.116642/page-14

sorry, looks like it is not working.
2017-6-16
Use props
racer888
lvl.3
United States

WC-Pilot Posted at 2017-6-16 17:29

Go to the thread titled "P4P+ controller firmware downgrade ??" the link is in there and it works.
2017-6-16
Use props
Fiveform 2
lvl.2
Flight distance : 136230 ft
  • >>>
United States

Punchbuggy Posted at 2017-6-11 19:48
Can't comment on the other thread referenced. But I upgraded both fine.
I updated the P4P first via Assistant 2, then I powered up my RC with tablet attached. The RC and P4P wouldn't connect, and the RC LED was rapidly flickering red/green - I assume to confirm that action was required. On the tablet I started DJI GO, and on the splash screen I was advised that the RC needed a firmware upgrade - do I want to? I agreed, and it downloaded OK. Then I just needed to power cycled both devices, and performed a manual connection (C1+C2+Record).

I am experiencing the same issue, only in my case, using DJI GO4, the P4P upgraded fine to 1.2.0604 (?) and then no options for RC via Assistant 2 other than factory defaults, but even that wouldn't work. I'm seeing an upgrade notification on GO4 when RC is connected but as many times as I tell it to upgrade, nothing happens, so I'm currently stuck with an aircraft that is upgraded, but doesn't do a video link to the RC which is still on an older firmware. I'm seeing a few possible resolutions on these threads like manual re-linking and getting closer to wireless router, re-installing Assistant 2, etc., etc.  I must say that this should be much easier.  In the past things didn't work until 5 or 6 reboots of drone and RC, etc. Perhaps a DJI Admin could chime in here like Natalia or Mindy or someone.  I need to get the P4P up again with a few jobs fast approaching...
2017-7-19
Use props
Punchbuggy
First Officer
Flight distance : 483166 ft
  • >>>
Singapore

Fiveform 2 Posted at 2017-7-19 07:51
I am experiencing the same issue, only in my case, using DJI GO4, the P4P upgraded fine to 1.2.0604 (?) and then no options for RC via Assistant 2 other than factory defaults, but even that wouldn't work. I'm seeing an upgrade notification on GO4 when RC is connected but as many times as I tell it to upgrade, nothing happens, so I'm currently stuck with an aircraft that is upgraded, but doesn't do a video link to the RC which is still on an older firmware. I'm seeing a few possible resolutions on these threads like manual re-linking and getting closer to wireless router, re-installing Assistant 2, etc., etc.  I must say that this should be much easier.  In the past things didn't work until 5 or 6 reboots of drone and RC, etc. Perhaps a DJI Admin could chime in here like Natalia or Mindy or someone.  I need to get the P4P up again with a few jobs fast approaching...

Hi. When you connect your phone/tablet to your RC, start GO, and see the Upgrade message, is the craft turned on? If so power it down. I think it tries to update the craft before the RC but gets stuck on it.

So, upgrade craft via Assistant 2. Power down.
Upgrade RC via GO. Power cycle the RC and power up the craft.
Manually re-link the two via C1+C2+Record and pushing link button on craft.
2017-7-19
Use props
Fiveform 2
lvl.2
Flight distance : 136230 ft
  • >>>
United States

Thanks, finally did the update through long press on GO4 main menu upper right icon which gave me options for rollback and upgrade.  A number of successful flights over the past week.
2017-7-28
Use props
giorgos1966
lvl.4
Flight distance : 273757 ft

Greece

Which I can find the previous firmware RC for P4P with AC firmware 0509?
2018-1-10
Use props
MaintenanceKing
lvl.1

Australia

Hi neildon,
it kinda sounds like your RC might be acting up of its own accord and not linking properly/reporting a low battery. I've had it happen a few times. Do you remember what firmware your controller was on? I'm pretty sure the latest is 1.9.3
also, it really sucks, but you cant update remotes on assistant. no idea why though.
plug in your phantom as if you were going to fly, then go the the camera/fly now screen, see if you're getting a prompt to update it in the overall status menu.
2018-1-11
Use props
Mabou2
Second Officer
Flight distance : 811257 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hi all, I haven't update my firmware since the debacle 7 months ago.  I updated today to firmware 1.05.0600.  

There is no call for my RC to be updated.  I see a notification as DJIGO checks, but then DJIGO says that no RC update is required.

Do you know if this is true or am I seeing an issue?
2018-3-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules