4855 26 2017-6-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JCVILLAGOMEZ84
New
Flight distance : 26352 ft
Argentina

Hello everyone!!!!

DJI team, I need your strong support. I'm very sad because my drone (MAVIC) was stolen on June 07 (last wednesday) while I was on business trip (3 guys entered to my appartment and stole my drone) so I want to know if it is possible to track where is it. I have tried with "find my drone" but it seems is not "on".

Please, help me with some other option to track my drone please. It is very important because they stole some other stuffs (reflex camera, lap top, hard disc drives, PS3...)

THANK YOU SO MUCH IN ADVANCE.

regards,

Jose Carlos Villagomez
2017-6-11
Use props
Eagle_Eye
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4137720 ft
United States

It would help if you can give the general area of this place.
2017-6-11
Use props
Lucas775
First Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

It will show up the last place where the drone is powered up.  I am not sure if you can track it through the use of the gps.
2017-6-11
Use props
JCVILLAGOMEZ84
New
Argentina

Eagle_Eye Posted at 2017-6-11 18:11
It would help if you can give the general area of this place.

I'm currently living in Argentina (Córdoba capital in Córdoba state, Argentina).
I'm from México but i'm living here since 1 year ago.

My e-mail is jcarlosvillagomeza@gmail.com and S/N is 08QDDBJ012038K. I bought the "fly more combo"

Many thanks!
2017-6-11
Use props
JCVILLAGOMEZ84
New
Argentina

Lucas775 Posted at 2017-6-11 18:24
It will show up the last place where the drone is powered up.  I am not sure if you can track it through the use of the gps.

Hi Lucas

Thank you for your tip. I have been open the app with "find my drone" and it always show my cellphone location. I don't know if this shows last position because it alwas shows my current location... if this is happening, it means that they have not powered on my drone?

Thanks!
2017-6-11
Use props
Lucas775
First Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

JCVILLAGOMEZ84 Posted at 2017-6-11 18:38
Hi Lucas

Thank you for your tip. I have been open the app with "find my drone" and it always show my cellphone location. I don't know if this shows last position because it alwas shows my current location... if this is happening, it means that they have not powered on my drone?

I would like to think that would be accurate.   Just keep checking.   
2017-6-12
Use props
JCVILLAGOMEZ84
New
Mexico

Lucas775 Posted at 2017-6-12 14:33
I would like to think that would be accurate.   Just keep checking.

Ok, i'll keep looking at my app. Thanks Lucas
2017-6-13
Use props
RCNJ
lvl.4
Flight distance : 114665 ft
France

Ok am I the only one wondering about a PS3 on business trip..... I hope you find it though bud.
2017-6-13
Use props
RCNJ
lvl.4
France

Re read & realized you meant while away, hope it turns up, gps going live will show it up, shame you cannot lock it if stolen so cannot be flown...
2017-6-13
Use props
Petroboy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3681 ft
Canada

RCNJ Posted at 2017-6-13 11:31
Ok am I the only one wondering about a PS3 on business trip.....  I hope you find it though bud.

No I read it the same way as you and almost made the same comment.  Thanks for sticking your foot in your mouth before I did.
2017-6-13
Use props
Tombolian
lvl.4
Flight distance : 675958 ft
United States

Ooh! This sounds like a perfect (decent) place to plug the LOC8TOR...(www.loc8tor.com).  Used preventatively, it could help you find your 'lost' drone up to 400 ft away (best conditions)... I bought it and it came with 2 locators, one obviously goes on the drone, but I didn't know what to use the other locator for... thanks to this post, I realize that I should have it hidden someplace in the case... That, and perhaps disable the chiming noise it makes when you attempt to locate it...
2017-6-13
Use props
method007
Second Officer
Flight distance : 110449 ft
  • >>>
United States

How are you guys expecting for the Mavic to broadcast it's location to his phone?
2017-6-13
Use props
RCNJ
lvl.4
France

Tombolian Posted at 2017-6-13 11:48
Ooh! This sounds like a perfect (decent) place to plug the LOC8TOR...(www.loc8tor.com).  Used preventatively, it could help you find your 'lost' drone up to 400 ft away (best conditions)... I bought it and it came with 2 locators, one obviously goes on the drone, but I didn't know what to use the other locator for... thanks to this post, I realize that I should have it hidden someplace in the case... That, and perhaps disable the chiming noise it makes when you attempt to locate it...

make sure it doesnt disrupt the signals too & from the craft though
2017-6-14
Use props
RCNJ
lvl.4
France

method007 Posted at 2017-6-13 11:49
How are you guys expecting for the Mavic to broadcast it's location to his phone?

if not to his phone DJI might see some co-ordinates show up for it somewhere.....? unsure
2017-6-14
Use props
CuaC
lvl.4
Flight distance : 369626 ft
Germany

Good luck with it buddy. I hope DJI can sort it out for you!
2017-6-14
Use props
JCVILLAGOMEZ84
New
Mexico

RCNJ Posted at 2017-6-14 03:18
if not to his phone DJI might see some co-ordinates show up for it somewhere.....? unsure

Thank you all for your comments (and sorry for the confusion... next time i will bring all my stuffs to my Business trip )

Is this possible? Even if i not catch location in my phone at the moment they turn on the drone, it is possible to track last location? If yes, would be very helpful information for the police.

Thanks!
2017-6-14
Use props
JCVILLAGOMEZ84
New
Mexico

JCVILLAGOMEZ84 Posted at 2017-6-14 05:10
Thank you all for your comments (and sorry for the confusion... next time i will bring all my stuffs to my Business trip )

Is this possible? Even if i not catch location in my phone at the moment they turn on the drone, it is possible to track last location? If yes, would be very helpful information for the police.

Also, if they delete my account information and set a new one... I'll be able to see in my app? even if they delete my account?
If that happen, it is possible for DJI to track it with the S/N???

Thanks!
2017-6-14
Use props
JCVILLAGOMEZ84
New
Mexico

CuaC Posted at 2017-6-14 03:44
Good luck with it buddy. I hope DJI can sort it out for you!

Until now, no response from DJI
Thanks! I hope so...
2017-6-14
Use props
Tombolian
lvl.4
Flight distance : 675958 ft
United States

RCNJ Posted at 2017-6-14 03:18
make sure it doesnt disrupt the signals too & from the craft though

Been flying with it on (you can see it in my avatar) for about 3 weeks now.  No unusual interference noted yet.  It's just a little extra insurance....
2017-6-14
Use props
randy.sauder
Second Officer
Flight distance : 872572 ft
Canada

JCVILLAGOMEZ84 Posted at 2017-6-11 18:38
Hi Lucas

Sorry to hear.  DJI if you are listening....a great feature would be for drones that are stolen: a). Mavic power's up and provides GPS coordinates to DJI and to registered Owner via email; b). Owner submits request via DJI app to have stolen drone "RTH" to a specific location that the Owner selects on a map (again via DJI Go) that is within say 1-5 km from stolen location.  Stolen user's app prevented from control or seeing Mavic on map.   c) True owner races to pick up his Mavic at safe recovery landing area   

2017-6-14
Use props
RCNJ
lvl.4
France

randy.sauder Posted at 2017-6-14 08:24
Sorry to hear.  DJI if you are listening....a great feature would be for drones that are stolen: a). Mavic power's up and provides GPS coordinates to DJI and to registered Owner via email; b). Owner submits request via DJI app to have stolen drone "RTH" to a specific location that the Owner selects on a map (again via DJI Go) that is within say 1-5 km from stolen location.  Stolen user's app prevented from control or seeing Mavic on map.   c) True owner races to pick up his Mavic at safe recovery landing area

TBH the craft serial should be linked to your account, and your device mac addresses only, and on activation,  with option for owner to then allow/disallow additional device trying to connect to craft....then if stolen it cannot be used by the none approved device or controller or just disable the controller/serial from registering if stolen etc

Well that's what I would like anyhow
2017-6-14
Use props
Stavo
lvl.2
Flight distance : 336972 ft
United States

If they upgrade to (or was already upgraded to) the 800 firmware they'll need an account and to register with SN won't they? Well, to go beyond 50m at least. I assume some red flag should go off somewhere in DJI when a duplicate SN is registered.
2017-6-14
Use props
randy.sauder
Second Officer
Flight distance : 872572 ft
Canada

RCNJ Posted at 2017-6-14 09:14
TBH the craft serial should be linked to your account, and your device mac addresses only, and on activation,  with option for owner to then allow/disallow additional device trying to connect to craft....then if stolen it cannot be used by the none approved device or controller or just disable the controller/serial from registering if stolen etc

Well that's what I would like anyhow

What you want should be provided by DJI for sure.  If a drone is stolen, you for sure don't want it to be used (nor would anyone) for nefarious purpose...so it should be disabled as you say.
2017-6-14
Use props
JCVILLAGOMEZ84
New
Argentina

randy.sauder Posted at 2017-6-14 19:55
What you want should be provided by DJI for sure.  If a drone is stolen, you for sure don't want it to be used (nor would anyone) for nefarious purpose...so it should be disabled as you say.

Exactly, that will be also for safety purpose... i mean, if someone else use my drone with bad intentions... I don't want to even think about it
2017-6-16
Use props
JCVILLAGOMEZ84
New
Argentina

Stavo Posted at 2017-6-14 12:14
If they upgrade to (or was already upgraded to) the 800 firmware they'll need an account and to register with SN won't they? Well, to go beyond 50m at least. I assume some red flag should go off somewhere in DJI when a duplicate SN is registered.

Thank you for your comment Stavo.
Do someone else knows about a direct contact from DJI which can answer to this questions?
I couldn't upgrade to the latest firmware, that means as you mentioned that they need to upgrade in order to flight the drone more than 50m away.

Regards,
2017-6-16
Use props
Flybee
First Officer
Flight distance : 2203983 ft
Sweden

JCVILLAGOMEZ84 Posted at 2017-6-16 07:01
Thank you for your comment Stavo.
Do someone else knows about a direct contact from DJI which can answer to this questions?
I couldn't upgrade to the latest firmware, that means as you mentioned that they need to upgrade in order to flight the drone more than 50m away.

Send an email to the support organisation.
http://www.dji.com/support

Hope it get solved for you
2017-6-16
Use props
fansfa953adb
New
United Kingdom

There is nothing dji can do . It's a privacy law. Read their terms and agreements.  Only way dji would release data to authorities e.g if a drone hit a plane and the authorities got hold of the drone and s/n.. sorry for your loss but it's gone
2017-6-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules