Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Update DOES NOT PERMIT FPV with REMOTE and GOGGLES ONLY
3196 27 2017-6-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Sp1k3
lvl.2
Germany

Basically this new update is not really beneficial for those who like to fly FPV. From what I understand you now MUST have your phone connected in order to fly beyond 80m.
On the previous version (which is still my present one) it was still possible to fly the Mavic with only the remote and the goggles WITHOUT having to connect to the phone.
This extended the remote battery significantly!!

If this is correct, then I will never update to the x.0800 version, can someone confirm that this is the case?
Thanks
Sp1k3

2017-6-12
Use props
LIVNXXL
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1806125 ft
  • >>>
United States

you only need to connect the first time to acknowledge the update. Once that is done you can fly in airplane mode
2017-6-12
Use props
Wellsi
Second Officer
Flight distance : 8330187 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

LIVNXXL Posted at 2017-6-12 10:44
you only need to connect the first time to acknowledge the update. Once that is done you can fly in airplane mode

Are you sure on that on?  I thought you had to have your phone attatched each time you fired up the Mavic, so in th OP's case, he'd have to start up the Mavic with the phone attached to the remote, then remove the phone, each time he went out flying......

Ian
2017-6-12
Use props
Sp1k3
lvl.2
Germany

That's why I'm asking!! I dont need the phone to be connected if I have DJI goggles!!! And yes it works also without phone connection, but my question is now, what happens with the .800 version? DO I have to absolutely need to connect my phone?!
2017-6-13
Use props
hungdang
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4931706 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Yes you need to connected to your phone when ever you turn on your Mavic to unlock the restriction then you can disconnect it
2017-6-13
Use props
Sp1k3
lvl.2
Germany

hungdang Posted at 2017-6-13 01:46
Yes you need to connected to your phone when ever you turn on your Mavic to unlock the restriction then you can disconnect it

Thanks for answering my main question. Is this true only for the 0.800 version or also the previous ones?
2017-6-13
Use props
hungdang
lvl.4
  • >>>
Australia

Only 800 has the restriction
2017-6-13
Use props
Sp1k3
lvl.2
Germany

hungdang Posted at 2017-6-13 05:06
Only 800 has the restriction

Yeah I just found that out:
2017-6-14
Use props
Sp1k3
lvl.2
Germany

BUt my question now is:
WHAT IS THE POINT OF THIS???!?!

I mean they reduce the desire to buy the goggles... I mean 1 of the great advantages of the goggles are just that, you dont need to hook up your phone. So now you need the phone anyways then you can disconnect it... thats really pathetic...
2017-6-14
Use props
BoomStrike
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Actually you're better off flying the goggles with a phone or ipad attached - should you lose connection to the goggles it would be nice to have the phone display as a second option to continue or fly home.   
2017-6-14
Use props
Panaceabeachbum
lvl.2
Flight distance : 871430 ft
United States

but wait , according to the video there are no new restrictions
2017-6-14
Use props
Sp1k3
lvl.2
Germany

BoomStrike Posted at 2017-6-14 03:31
Actually you're better off flying the goggles with a phone or ipad attached - should you lose connection to the goggles it would be nice to have the phone display as a second option to continue or fly home.

Not true, you can simply click on the RTH button and wait or in the mean time to can connect the phone... but assuming everything is working who needs the phone?
2017-6-14
Use props
Sp1k3
lvl.2
Germany

Panaceabeachbum Posted at 2017-6-14 03:52

the video explains that it is necessary to connect the phone at least at start up the you can disconnect it.
But I find this pointless... Previous version don't require that.
I think it is a security thing, trying to oblige everyone to use their djigo4 app... but annoying!
2017-6-14
Use props
chalde
lvl.4
Flight distance : 668314 ft
  • >>>
United States

Panaceabeachbum Posted at 2017-6-14 03:52

That's not what I got from the video. (Unless I misunderstood.)

I don't want to hijack the thread, but this is what I got from what he said:
If you are not logged into the App, after you had originally authenticated, but turned off the Drone, you'll be able to fly, but with restrictions.
To try to explain it better:
Connect phone to remote.
Turn on Remote. Start App. Authenticate.
Turn on Drone.
All good.

Turn off Drone.
Turn off remote.
Close app.
Set Airplane mode (or go to a place without any connection)
Turn on remote. App will ask you to log in. You're f*cked.
Ground your drone.

I had thought that if you had authenticated once, you were good forever...

Can anyone confirm?
2017-6-14
Use props
Panaceabeachbum
lvl.2
Flight distance : 871430 ft
United States

Yeah that was my point, there are a huge number of members here that keep stating 800 and the latest app update dont impose any new restrictions, and they do, quite a few of them in fact. I can no longer fly at my farm which is 10+ miles from the airport because there is a school/ warning zone a little over 2 miles away unless I allow the DJIg04 app to access internet connection each and every time I want to fly.  
The thread has been deleted but DJI Ken stated on this forum, log in once was all that was needed. I guess in all fairness he was correct in that you only need to log in once for that flight LOL

Unless mine is some sort of anomoly I cannot take my quad out, put in battery, boot up my tablet and fly unless the DJI app can access my location and verify via interweb that im out of a restricted area. Sorry fan boys this is a restriction

2017-6-14
Use props
chalde
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

If that's the case, that's completely bs.

Glad I didn't follow all the other mindless sheep...
2017-6-14
Use props
Lone Drone
lvl.1
Flight distance : 8100 ft
United States

Sold mine for a little less than what I paid for recently due to this update. Laws just passed not requiring registration of drones also. So I dont know what's DJI's agenda but they lost a customer and possibly a million others based on my youtube subscribers.
2017-6-14
Use props
AG0N-Gary
Second Officer
Flight distance : 700846 ft
United States

hungdang Posted at 2017-6-13 01:46

What restriction?
2017-6-14
Use props
AG0N-Gary
Second Officer
United States

I also don't want to hijack the thread, because I don't even have the goggles. However, I upgraded a few days ago to the latest version, did both batteries, etc.  I did NOT have to log in to DJI at all and haven't done so in quite awhile.  I also started it up and was full GPS ready to fly with no phone or tablet connected.  I did a full stick movement on both sticks in all four directions.  Appropriate motors speeded up, etc.  I am only assuming that if I had hit the left stick up, it would have taken off if I had put the props back on.  Make your own assumptions, but this is what I saw in my case.
2017-6-14
Use props
Car147
lvl.3
Flight distance : 180351 ft
United Kingdom

Crazy the amount of sheep still not believing you can fly unrestricted without Internet connection using .800
2017-6-14
Use props
hungdang
lvl.4
  • >>>
Australia

AG0N-Gary Posted at 2017-6-14 10:29
I also don't want to hijack the thread, because I don't even have the goggles.  However, I upgraded a few days ago to the latest version, did both batteries, etc.  I did NOT have to log in to DJI at all and haven't done so in quite awhile.  I also started it up and was full GPS ready to fly with no phone or tablet connected.  I did a full stick movement on both sticks in all four directions.  Appropriate motors speeded up, etc.  I am only assuming that if I had hit the left stick up, it would have taken off if I had put the props back on.  Make your own assumptions, but this is what I saw in my case.

can you fly out more than 50m if you don't connect your phone to your RC (i.e using RC to fly only with out the phone at all)?
2017-6-14
Use props
hungdang
lvl.4
  • >>>
Australia

Car147 Posted at 2017-6-14 13:07
Crazy the amount of sheep still not believing you can fly unrestricted without Internet connection using .800

have you try to fly your Mavic without the phone (not connect the phone to the RC at all)? how far can you fly?
2017-6-14
Use props
AG0N-Gary
Second Officer
United States

hungdang Posted at 2017-6-14 18:11
can you fly out more than 50m if you don't connect your phone to your RC (i.e using RC to fly only with out the phone at all)?

As I said, I didn't try to fly it.  I started it (no props), ran the motors up, all directions.  I did not fly it without connected tablet/phone.  When I did fly, it was fine, but again, I did have the iPad connected at that time.
2017-6-14
Use props
hungdang
lvl.4
  • >>>
Australia

AG0N-Gary Posted at 2017-6-14 18:38
As I said, I didn't try to fly it.  I started it (no props), ran the motors up, all directions.  I did not fly it without connected tablet/phone.  When I did fly, it was fine, but again, I did have the iPad connected at that time.

you need to login (or don't log out) the app and connect the phone/tablet when ever you turn on the Mavic to unlock the restriction.
the problem OP has is he want to fly the Mavic with DJI Goggles without the phone/tablet and the DJI Goggles (without phone/tablet connected to RC) can't unlock the restriction.
so there is 2 options for OP:
1- connect the phone/tablet to RC when turn on the Mavic to unlock the restriction then he can disconnected or keep the phone/tablet connected
2-downgrade the firmware to 700 and downgrade app to previous version (e.g 4.0.8 for ios)

Enjoy flying
2017-6-14
Use props
AG0N-Gary
Second Officer
United States

I guess I'll have to just go out and try it when I get a chance.  The only thing I have had to acknowledge lately is the upgrade notice and accept it.  BUT!  That is within the DJIGO4 app, not the RC.  So if the DJIGO4 app is not run, it won't be able to ask for it.  As I said before, without the phone or tablet, I started the drone, fired up the motors, and flexed the RPM.  I just didn't put the props on and take off with it.
2017-6-14
Use props
Mari
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1308780 ft
Netherlands

chalde Posted at 2017-6-14 04:31
That's not what I got from the video. (Unless I misunderstood.)

I don't want to hijack the thread, but this is what I got from what he said:

... duh... YES you can fly in Airplane-mode without restrictions... Logging in on APP needs no internet connection or cell coverage... when you close the app and restart it, you are still logged in on app... don't use the "sign out" option before closing app.

I allways fly in airplane-mode...
2017-6-14
Use props
chalde
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

hungdang Posted at 2017-6-14 18:55
you need to login (or don't log out) the app and connect the phone/tablet when ever you turn on the Mavic to unlock the restriction.
the problem OP has is he want to fly the Mavic with DJI Goggles without the phone/tablet and the DJI Goggles (without phone/tablet connected to RC) can't unlock the restriction.
so there is 2 options for OP:

Rewatched the video, completely, and actually, at the end, he says that it's a one time thing - so afterward, if you didn't log out (from your account within DJI Go App), you are still good to go flying presumably while being "offline".

I assume the App makes a check to see that the user matches the saved data on the device, when starting back offline, and as soon as you go back online, in the background, it grabs another token to refresh your credentials.

2017-6-15
Use props
Car147
lvl.3
Flight distance : 180351 ft
United Kingdom

hungdang Posted at 2017-6-14 18:14
have you try to fly your Mavic without the phone (not connect the phone to the RC at all)? how far can you fly?

I use an Ipad Mini
2017-6-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules