DJI Osmo+ is connected to another mobile device
1907 14 2017-6-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Paniki
New
Denmark

[size=13.3333px]Hello All,

[size=13.3333px]I bought an DJI Osmo+ from a danish store located in Copenhagen, for less than a few months ago.
[size=13.3333px]It started out working perfectly fine, but the past two weeks, it has been telling me, that "Osmo+ is connected to another mobile device", when I try to use it.[size=13.3333px]
It jumps forward and backward in the menu, and when I enter the camera, it says N/A in every way.

When I restart both the phone, app and Osmo+ serveral times, it starts up working fine. But short time after, it fails again. I have tryed with my Samsung Tablet S2 tablet, and it works. But I cant use the tablet, for this Osmo. That was not my plan in the first place, and it has been working fine before - but not now. I use a Samsung Galaxy S6. Both app, phone android system, firmwire on the Osmo+ and everything is updated to the latest new version.

[size=13.3333px]I have just been to the same store, due to an update failiure, that constantly happend. I dont hope, that I have to go back there to fix this, since it almost costed me 399 DKK in a service fee to get it updated!
[size=13.3333px]I can see on the DJI Forum, that a lot of people has this problem.

[size=13.3333px]So I am begging you to tell me, since I cant do topics on the forum yet (I look like to be a new user on the forum), what the solution is for this problem? I havent been able to use my device for the past two weeks now, and now I am starting to get pretty annoyed about this!

[size=13.3333px]Please help me fix it!

2017-6-12
Use props
Paniki
New
Denmark

Erm.. Not sure why it says "[size=13.3333px]" in front of all my lines.. :S
2017-6-12
Use props
DJI-Mark
lvl.4

United States

Is the product new or used? Do you have the latest firmware updates? Is your wireless on  your mobile device appropriately looked up to the Osmo? Please review the tutorial videos to make sure you are setting up the Osmo in the correct process: http://www.dji.com/osmo/info#specs
2017-6-12
Use props
fansd2e831a6
New
United States

I am having the same problem.  I just purchased the Osmo Plus about two and a half weeks ago and can not get it to connect to my phone and have been unable to use it at all.  I get a flashing message that says "Osmo plus is connected to another device".  I have followed the set up instructions, reset the wifi, removed and reloaded the DJI go app, all suggestions from DJI customer service and nothing works.  They also suggested I try another device but I only own one phone so what good is it if it works on someone else's phone?  DJI customer service had no other suggestions after those options.  They wanted me to send it in to be looked at.  But I bought it for a vacation I'm going on in a couple of weeks and don't have time for that.  Also I've been on the DJI website and checked out firmware updates and I have the most recent firmware. The really frustrating thing is on very rare occasions it does work for a short time.  I'm really beginning to feel like I wasted my money.

If anyone has any suggestions I would really like to hear them....
2017-6-27
Use props
Panaceabeachbum
lvl.2
Flight distance : 871430 ft
United States

I have to turn off all the other blue tooth devices when I use mine or it connects to any avail Iphone
2017-6-27
Use props
EvdD
lvl.1
Flight distance : 96529 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Same problem here with my 2(!) Osmo+ camera's. I use them daily for real estate photography. The problem started somehow when I installed the DJI GO 4 app as well for the DJI Spark.  Tried all solutions as described above, including reinstallling apps etc. but nothing works... :-(
Hope there will be a fix for this soon. Loosing clients allready!
2017-7-1
Use props
jn123
lvl.1
United States

fansd2e831a6 Posted at 2017-6-27 12:19
I am having the same problem.  I just purchased the Osmo Plus about two and a half weeks ago and can not get it to connect to my phone and have been unable to use it at all.  I get a flashing message that says "Osmo plus is connected to another device".  I have followed the set up instructions, reset the wifi, removed and reloaded the DJI go app, all suggestions from DJI customer service and nothing works.  They also suggested I try another device but I only own one phone so what good is it if it works on someone else's phone?  DJI customer service had no other suggestions after those options.  They wanted me to send it in to be looked at.  But I bought it for a vacation I'm going on in a couple of weeks and don't have time for that.  Also I've been on the DJI website and checked out firmware updates and I have the most recent firmware. The really frustrating thing is on very rare occasions it does work for a short time.  I'm really beginning to feel like I wasted my money.

Good Luck. This happens to a ton of people.....It is not you. They will ultimately ask you to send it in, and force you to pay $150 for a new motherboard which was poorly made in the first place. This has happened to me, and many others.

Be wary...even if you are covered by the warranty, as I was, they still may force you to pay for a new one to replace their bad one that went into so many bad OSMO's.....so be prepared for that.

If you refuse, they will just send you back your broken OSMO and tell you to kick rocks.
2017-7-5
Use props
jn123
lvl.1
United States

EvdD Posted at 2017-7-1 04:38
Same problem here with my 2(!) Osmo+ camera's. I use them daily for real estate photography. The problem started somehow when I installed the DJI GO 4 app as well for the DJI Spark.  Tried all solutions as described above, including reinstallling apps etc. but nothing works... :-(
Hope there will be a fix for this soon. Loosing clients allready!

Good Luck. This happens to a ton of people.....It is not you. They will ultimately ask you to send it in, and force you to pay $150 for a new motherboard which was poorly made in the first place. This has happened to me, and many others.

Be wary...even if you are covered by the warranty, as I was, they still still force you to pay for a new one to replace their bad one that went into so many bad OSMO's.....so be prepared for that.

If you refuse, they will just send you back your broken OSMO and tell you to kick rocks.
2017-7-5
Use props
tkseward
New

United States

I will tell you its not the device that is the issue.. i have had the OSMO for a long time.. over a year with no issues.. soon as i installed the DJI GO 4 app for the MAVIC drone i got the same issues you described.. so if you have the DJI GO 4 app uninstall it if you want the OSMO to work.. its complete B$! but DJI has no other solution other than to use separate devices for each of their products..  They really need to figure this out!
2017-7-5
Use props
EvdD
lvl.1
  • >>>
Netherlands

tkseward Posted at 2017-7-5 14:14
I will tell you its not the device that is the issue.. i have had the OSMO for a long time.. over a year with no issues.. soon as i installed the DJI GO 4 app for the MAVIC drone i got the same issues you described.. so if you have the DJI GO 4 app uninstall it if you want the OSMO to work.. its complete B$! but DJI has no other solution other than to use separate devices for each of their products..  They really need to figure this out!

I came to the same conclusion. So i work with 2 mobile devices now, no other choice.
But unbelievable DJI didn't test it the right way. Such a big compagnie.
2017-7-9
Use props
EvdD
lvl.1
  • >>>
Netherlands

DJI-Mark Posted at 2017-6-12 11:36
Is the product new or used? Do you have the latest firmware updates? Is your wireless on  your mobile device appropriately looked up to the Osmo? Please review the tutorial videos to make sure you are setting up the Osmo in the correct process: http://www.dji.com/osmo/info#specs

The problem starts after you install both apps (Go en Go4) on one mobile device. I tested it on several way's. Because I use the Osmo and the Spark both apps are needed. So there is only one solution; 2 mobile devices. :-(
2017-7-10
Use props
DJI-Mark
lvl.4

United States

fansd2e831a6 Posted at 2017-6-27 12:19

Have you tried changing your Wi Fi settings?  Try setting your phone to forget all WiFi stations except for the product you are using. See if that works.
2017-7-11
Use props
OSMOSIS23
New
United States

Hmm. I am yet to have this issue. Hopefully DJI will get this hammered out in the coming months.
2017-7-11
Use props
HellFire77
lvl.3
Flight distance : 390863 ft
  • >>>
Canada

I had the same problem with my S8. I have the Mavic and OSMO so I need both apps. The OSMO starts saying its connected to another device over and over again. I have to go in the Android Settings and go to memory management and force close everything. Then it works for a while but if my phone drops the OSMO Wifi for any reason the DJI Go 4 app starts again in the back ground no idea why. So I have to go do the whole memory clearing thing again its a PITA!!! And I cant uninstall the app because I need it for my Mavic....
2017-7-16
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

HellFire77 Posted at 2017-7-16 17:04
I had the same problem with my S8. I have the Mavic and OSMO so I need both apps. The OSMO starts saying its connected to another device over and over again. I have to go in the Android Settings and go to memory management and force close everything. Then it works for a while but if my phone drops the OSMO Wifi for any reason the DJI Go 4 app starts again in the back ground no idea why. So I have to go do the whole memory clearing thing again its a PITA!!! And I cant uninstall the app because I need it for my Mavic....

There is no chance that DJI Go 4 runs automatically in the background. Please close it completely when you use DJI Go.
2017-7-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules