Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Latest firmware video feed
1326 19 2017-6-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
RonHarper
lvl.1

United States

It appears to have turned P4Ps into Definitely Junky Items.
2017-6-12
Use props
kykphantom
Captain
Flight distance : 5892388 ft
Cyprus

Same issue for me!
2017-6-12
Use props
RonHarper
lvl.1

United States

A poor live video feed is pretty much one of the worst things that DJI can implement in a previously working craft.

The 800lb gorilla in the room here is that pretty much the most basic testing and QA would have manifested these common issues now being brought up. The only explanation is that DJI really does almost no QA prior to releasing this cruddy coding which cripples craft and frustrates customers. Then they are left to deal with totally useless DJI customer service staff who appear to know nothing about the product to begin with and are not able to do anything anyway (which apparently is an "improvement" over the past).

The funny thing about the outpouring of this diarrhea firmware is that features were lost, bugs introduced, and no one can point to a single "improvement" over the previous firmware. We are in for a long wait (seems to be 5-6 weeks) before this toilet bowl stain of a release gets even partly sanitized.
2017-6-12
Use props
RonHarper
lvl.1

United States

DJI P4P New Firmware Fecalpalooza!

Please post here if you are having the bad video feed issues after the latest diarrhea firmware update. Thank you
Confucius say "Very rucky to have fix in 5 weeks."

2017-6-12
Use props
RonHarper
lvl.1

United States

Let's all Welcome Our New DJI Moderator!

IMG_3840.JPG DJI- Donald is here to tell you that the firmware quality is the best. The release was amazing! There are no bugs- that's just fake news. He says that DJI customer service is fantastic- incredible, historic. The coding abilities and Quality Assurance of their firmware before they release it is AMAZING, SUPERB, WORLD-CLASS.
2017-6-12
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Is that the right pic? ;-)

Isn't he more blonde? Hahaha

Like I really give a Duck!? Chuckles

RedHotPoker

2017-6-12
Use props
RonHarper
lvl.1

United States

Finally we get to see the DJI Support Team!!!
2017-6-12
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Aloha Ron,

Everything is working as designed and oddly enough, it was the easiest download and installation I have had in 2 years and with 4 Phantoms.  The video is also improved and the jungle penetration appears to have also improved.

Sorry, no problems here!

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-6-12
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
  • >>>
United States

RonHarper Posted at 2017-6-12 19:10
A poor live video feed is pretty much one of the worst things that DJI can implement in a previously working craft.

The 800lb gorilla in the room here is that pretty much the most basic testing and QA would have manifested these common issues now being brought up. The only explanation is that DJI really does almost no QA prior to releasing this cruddy coding which cripples craft and frustrates customers. Then they are left to deal with totally useless DJI customer service staff who appear to know nothing about the product to begin with and are not able to do anything anyway (which apparently is an "improvement" over the past).

Aloha Ron,

You really appear to be having a problem here.  Your live feed issues are probably due to your device.  Are you using Android or iOS?  How old is your device?  Are you shutting down all the apps except DJI GO 4?  Is anything running in the background using up processor time?  Have you disabled downloads?  Sometimes is is easier to just put it in airplane mode when you fly.

The problems you are describing almost always are a result of a device issues.  What is your device and is your device on the approved devices list for your model Phantom?  The reason DJI had to come out with the DJI GO 4 app is because the original DJI GO app was getting too over-whelmed to handle the new technology.  

Even then DJI had to eliminate some of the devices from the list of approved devices because they did not have the processing power and RAM to handle the new DJI GO 4 app.  Your device really needs multi-cores (preferably 4 or more) and 2 GB of RAM at a minimum to avoid the problems you are presenting.  Another way to boost the Live Feed Video is to use parabolics.  These are small parabolic reflectors that mount on your antennae to boost the signal.  They are real inexpensive, only about $10-$20.

Sorry if no one has helped you with this yet.  If you need further information on this click the "Reply" at the bottom right of this box I have posted in.  That will notify me of your reply.  We really need to get you up in the air and happy!

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-6-12
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Aloha kyk,

Look at my response to Ron in Post #4.

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-6-12
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Goodby Ron, you will be leaving us soon.......
2017-6-12
Use props
Dobmatt
Captain
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>
Canada

DJI sucks or not, at least one issue seems to be ignored in this spectacular exchange of sarcastic jokes about our host ... What exactly are you guys expecting to achieve with this attitude? Enthusiastic welcome to a party and generously poured drinks? Wrong party, my friends ...
2017-6-12
Use props
kykphantom
Captain
Cyprus

Cetacean Posted at 2017-6-12 22:26
Aloha kyk,

Look at my response to Ron in Post #4.

Dear Cetacean thank you for your time and advice!

Please tell me, is the device iPhone 6s Plus (2GB RAM and 64GB Storage) good for DJI GO 4 app or we need something "stronger"?
Furthermore, do we have to install parabolic antennas if the screen freezes, goes green, goes black, etc. even if this happens in an open area just 100m away from the remote controller?
2017-6-13
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
  • >>>
United States

kykphantom Posted at 2017-6-13 00:52

Please tell me, is the device iPhone 6s Plus (64GB RAM) good for DJI GO 4 app or we need something "stronger"?

Aloha kyk,

There are a number of factors you have to look at in order to figure out your problem.  As I recall, the iPhone 6s is not having problems with the newer DJI apps.  How are you doing managing the apps running while you are flying?  

Unfortunately, I know of no tablet or phone that can use 64 GB of RAM.  RAM is different from Storage.  Is your phone using 2 GB of RAM?  2 GB of RAM would be more than enough to make your phone work well with the DJI GO 4 app.  But, if you have 1 GB of RAM (even 2 GB) and you are not managing your apps well, you could have serious problems with the DJI GO 4 app.  Edit: I just checked, your iPhone 6s has 2 GB of RAM and apparently 64 GB of Storage.  You also have multi-core processors so the hardware is there.

Your need for 64 GB of Storage could indicate you have some serious competition for processor time that could explain why you are having problems.  You really need to get in there and figure out what you are running while you are flying.  You appear to be overpowering your processors, especially your graphics processors.  With that phone, that would not be easy.  You really need to test that.

The iPhone 6s was on a list of popular phones with viruses in a recent study.  Viruses really eat into processor time.  BTW, I think the study said that are at least 75 viruses infecting Apple products and that Apple product users are often in denial because their OS is UNIX based.  You might want to look into that to.  64 GB of Storage could easily hide viruses.  Your local Apple Store can probably help you out with that.  If you are more hands on, just type in [virus apple products] and you will have a good starting point.

Hope this helps!

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-6-13
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
  • >>>
United States

kykphantom Posted at 2017-6-13 00:52

Please tell me, is the device iPhone 6s Plus (64GB RAM) good for DJI GO 4 app or we need something "stronger"?

Aloha kyk,

The parabolics are just an option to improve video performance.  Sometimes they help, sometimes they just get in the way.  If you fix your iPhone 6s, parabolics would only help extend your range and allow better penetration of foliage.  

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-6-13
Use props
I 2 Fly
Second Officer
Flight distance : 8176 ft
South Africa

Let's make DJI great again!!  
2017-6-13
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Could you please answer Cetacean's questions in post #9? We'd love to help. Your three threads have been merged into one, please do not spam on Forum, or you will be banned, thanks for your understanding and support!  
2017-6-13
Use props
kykphantom
Captain
Cyprus

Cetacean Posted at 2017-6-13 01:40
Aloha kyk,

There are a number of factors you have to look at in order to figure out your problem.  As I recall, the iPhone 6s is not having problems with the newer DJI apps.  How are you doing managing the apps running while you are flying?  

Thanks a lot for all, I will check my device and find out if this is the reason for the live feed video problem.
2017-6-13
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
  • >>>
United States

kykphantom Posted at 2017-6-13 05:25
Thanks a lot for all, I will check my device and find out if this is the reason for the live feed video problem.

Aloha kyk,

We my have to call you the miracle worker.  Edits are not supposed to be possible after 2 minutes.  I just looked at editing mine to and it is possible; but no need to edit.  

You are on the right track.  We will be better able to help you when you report back.

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-6-13
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
  • >>>
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-6-13 03:21
Could you please answer Cetacean's questions in post #9? We'd love to help. Your three threads have been merged into one, please do not spam on Forum, or you will be banned, thanks for your understanding and support!

Aloha Thor,

Mahalo for the help!  BTW, I just looked at editing my post from yesterday and it is possible.  The recent information was that edits were not allowed after two minutes.  Just a heads-up if it is an issue.

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-6-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules