Fault on DJI Pocket 2: Can't start video recording. Nothing happens...
700 6 2023-11-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
snoopx
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Sometimes when I press the record button to start recording a video,  recording doesn't start and I have to press it several times to get it  to begin, if at all. Tried a new SD card and it doesn't seem to fix it.  The same U3 SD card works ok in other devices 4K video devices. A second  Pocket 2  I got displayed the same behaviour. Any idea what causes this? Is the  device faulty or it's something I'm doing wrong? I also own the Pocket 1  which so far has never done this. Looking on Google I found other  people had had this problem with the Pocket 2 with no real solution being found.
Thanks in advance for any advice.
2023-11-27
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we do apologize for the trouble. Could you please record the operation video showing the issue so we can check it further? You may upload the video via YouTube or Google Drive and send the link here so we can access it. Please keep us posted. Thank you.
2023-11-27
Use props
snoopx
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Hi,
Thanks for your reply. You mean record a video of the Pocket 2 exhibiting the 'no-record' error, using another camera?
2023-11-28
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

Is there something important that needs to be kept on the memory card? If not, then will it make a difference if you format the memory card using the Pocket 2, or have you tried that already? Also, what brand(s) are the memory card(s)? I've heard here on the forums that the Pocket 2 can be iffy with some brands, for instance some have reported problems with the Kingston-branded memory cards.
2023-11-28
Use props
snoopx
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Hi,
The current card is a 64GB Samsung EVO Plus U3, which is one of the recommended cards from P.16 of the P2 user manual. So assuming the SD card is not a fake, it should be ok.
I have tried formatting within the P2 and in Windows but the problem still persists.
The last time it occured, formatting in Windows fixed it. Whether or not this was a coincidence or not I don't know since the fault is intermittent. it's currently not exhibiting the behaviour but based on past experience will likely return at some point and is annoying since you can't take the camera out to use it without fear it will not function properly at some point.
2023-11-28
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

snoopx Posted at 11-28 09:28
Hi,
The current card is a 64GB Samsung EVO Plus U3, which is one of the recommended cards from P.16 of the P2 user manual. So assuming the SD card is not a fake, it should be ok.
I have tried formatting within the P2 and in Windows but the problem still persists.

Very sorry to hear I couldn't be of help. I hope you either get it fixed or exchanged to a working one with minimal hassle. I know the frustrations behind getting a cool device yet not being able to use it the way it was intended.
2023-11-29
Use props
snoopx
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Thanks for your suggestions. I just found it kind of strange that the replacement had exactly the same error, which made me think maybe the problem was the card and not the OP2. Didn't want to return it for a 3rd time but looks like I may have to.
2023-11-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules