Huge bridge clever people who design them - great shot
5-17 07:17
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6262736 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Mixing business and pleasure Great shot from there.
5-17 10:09
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

The span of that bridge is amazing.  Nice find while on the job also.  
5-17 14:24
Use props
BetterBizTech
Captain
Flight distance : 6643225 ft
  • >>>
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 5-17 14:24
The span of that bridge is amazing.  Nice find while on the job also.

I was photographing roof rot on an insurance job. It was a refreshing change.
5-17 16:22
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Great Shot    
5-17 21:41
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

BetterBizTech Posted at 5-17 16:22
I was photographing roof rot on an insurance job. It was a refreshing change.

Sounds like an interesting job.  Do you use the Air 2S for that?
5-18 03:15
Use props
BetterBizTech
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Thank You DA.
5-18 04:31
Use props
BetterBizTech
Captain
  • >>>
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 5-18 03:15
Sounds like an interesting job.  Do you use the Air 2S for that?

I usually use the Air 2S but I used the M3E to get the pure zoom at 7x for the insurance company. I flew the roof at 60-70 ft.  zoomed in so they could see the damage in detail.  The air 2S is my go to drone. It gets all the major work done with no fuss and low profile. I love it. It does POI best so I usually circle the rooftops with it and get photos. That only problem is the digital zoom.  Every drone has at least one sacrifice.
5-18 05:05
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

BetterBizTech Posted at 5-18 05:05
I usually use the Air 2S but I used the M3E to get the pure zoom at 7x for the insurance company. I flew the roof at 60-70 ft.  zoomed in so they could see the damage in detail.  The air 2S is my go to drone. It gets all the major work done with no fuss and low profile. I love it. It does POI best so I usually circle the rooftops with it and get photos. That only problem is the digital zoom.  Every drone has at least one sacrifice.

One sacrifice and usually one additional need.  

I forgot you had bought the M3E.  No doubt better for that type of close up work.  
5-18 05:20
Use props
BetterBizTech
Captain
  • >>>
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 5-18 05:20
One sacrifice and usually one additional need.  

I forgot you had bought the M3E.  No doubt better for that type of close up work.

It's great for mapping and inspections but it doesn't fly cinematically. It vignettes on the edges and the focus seems to hunt and bounce to get a good image. so I prefer other drones for video and beauty.  Very suspicious performance. They claim it's for accuracy but I think they want you to buy two drones and I did. I picked up a used Mavic 3 and I love it for video. The two purchases set me back a bit.
5-18 05:25
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

BetterBizTech Posted at 5-18 05:25
It's great for mapping and inspections but it doesn't fly cinematically. It vignettes on the edges and the focus seems to hunt and bounce to get a good image. so I prefer other drones for video and beauty.  Very suspicious performance. They claim it's for accuracy but I think they want you to buy two drones and I did. I picked up a used Mavic 3 and I love it for video. The two purchases set me back a bit.

Typical of DJI with their marketing strategies.  As we've said in the past one DJI drone just can't do it all so they pretty much force you to buy 2 or more.  
5-18 05:55
Use props
BetterBizTech
Captain
  • >>>
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 5-18 05:55
Typical of DJI with their marketing strategies.  As we've said in the past one DJI drone just can't do it all so they pretty much force you to buy 2 or more.

But we keep buying them.I have been resisting the Avata 2 due to the fact that it's a thrill but it's not a great video drone yet.
5-18 07:16
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

BetterBizTech Posted at 5-18 07:16
But we keep buying them.I have been resisting the Avata 2 due to the fact that it's a thrill but it's not a great video drone yet.

Very true. No doubt it was designed more for the thrill of flying FPV vice videography.   You read about lack of a decent camera in several video comments.
5-19 06:21
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

BetterBizTech Posted at 5-18 07:16

I read a letter from the House Select Committee on the Strategic Competition Between the US and the Chinese Communist Party. In the letter, the lawmakers laid out their case as to why DJI’s drones are a national security issue.

“The prolific usage of PRC UAVs by US law enforcement, other government agencies and utility companies creates risks that these platforms could be used to map and transmit sensitive US infrastructure,” they wrote. “Recent research found that DJI drones can transmit their GPS location, as well as the coordinates of their operators, and DJI is increasingly offering the company’s drone operators the ability to livestream through DJI’s cloud.”

The House bills (Countering CCP Drones Act and Foreign Adversary Communications Transparency Act) and the letter’s call for tougher action from the Biden administration appear to represent a dual-track approach to limiting DJI’s ability to sell drones to US operators.

These actions don't bode well for the future of DJI drones in the US.  
5-19 06:25
Use props
BetterBizTech
Captain
  • >>>
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 5-19 06:21
Very true. No doubt it was designed more for the thrill of flying FPV vice videography.   You read about lack of a decent camera in several video comments.

I was looking at purchasing one but, I don't like the video quality yet and the stabilization is not there yet. The avata 2 still rocks side to side which is annoying for film. My mini 2 with prop guards does a fine job. I just wish it had a wide angle lens. I'm thinking of renting the osmo pocket 3 to see if it's a good alternative for indoor shots.
5-19 06:27
Use props
BetterBizTech
Captain
  • >>>
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 5-19 06:25
I read a letter from the House Select Committee on the Strategic Competition Between the US and the Chinese Communist Party. In the letter, the lawmakers laid out their case as to why DJI’s drones are a national security issue.

“The prolific usage of PRC UAVs by US law enforcement, other government agencies and utility companies creates risks that these platforms could be used to map and transmit sensitive US infrastructure,” they wrote. “Recent research found that DJI drones can transmit their GPS location, as well as the coordinates of their operators, and DJI is increasingly offering the company’s drone operators the ability to livestream through DJI’s cloud.”

I know. The alternative would be a system that keeps the data in the US. The Mavic 3 Enterprise offers a closed system at your request that doesn't allow any data back to China. The answer would be an American based company that can house the data here as an alternative.
5-19 06:30
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

BetterBizTech Posted at 5-19 06:27
I was looking at purchasing one but, I don't like the video quality yet and the stabilization is not there yet. The avata 2 still rocks side to side which is annoying for film. My mini 2 with prop guards does a fine job. I just wish it had a wide angle lens. I'm thinking of renting the osmo pocket 3 to see if it's a good alternative for indoor shots.

I do remember several pilots asking DJI to manufacture a wide angle lens for Mini 2.  However, if I remember correctly they said it couldn't be done due to load limits on the gimbal.  
5-19 07:02
Use props
BetterBizTech
Captain
  • >>>
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 5-19 07:02
I do remember several pilots asking DJI to manufacture a wide angle lens for Mini 2.  However, if I remember correctly they said it couldn't be done due to load limits on the gimbal.

That's understandable.
5-19 07:04
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

BetterBizTech Posted at 5-19 06:30
I know. The alternative would be a system that keeps the data in the US. The Mavic 3 Enterprise offers a closed system at your request that doesn't allow any data back to China. The answer would be an American based company that can house the data here as an alternative.

It's just a really sad situation that makes me think multiple times about purchasing anymore DJI drones in the near future.  With the Air 4 rumored to be on the horizon with a 1" sensor, mechanical shutter and a variable aperture I'd be very tempted to get it but now I'd be skeptical.  
5-19 07:08
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

BetterBizTech Posted at 5-19 07:04
That's understandable.

I guess with the reconfiguration of the gimbal mounting on the Mini 3 Pro it became possible because DJI offered wide angle lens for that drone.  
5-19 07:31
Use props
BetterBizTech
Captain
  • >>>
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 5-19 07:08
It's just a really sad situation that makes me think multiple times about purchasing anymore DJI drones in the near future.  With the Air 4 rumored to be on the horizon with a 1" sensor, mechanical shutter and a variable aperture I'd be very tempted to get it but now I'd be skeptical.

I had the same reservations with my recent purchases. The not so bad news is that the bills are for changes a few years out.
5-19 07:32
Use props
BetterBizTech
Captain
  • >>>
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 5-19 07:31
I guess with the reconfiguration of the gimbal mounting on the Mini 3 Pro it became possible because DJI offered wide angle lens for that drone.

I will be due for a new mini soon. I can still use the mini 2 indoors because FAA rules don't apply indoors. So I don't have to update RID if I'm flying indoors.
5-19 07:40
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

BetterBizTech Posted at 5-19 07:32
I had the same reservations with my recent purchases. The not so bad news is that the bills are for changes a few years out.

Yes, that would be the saving grace.  
5-19 08:08
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

BetterBizTech Posted at 5-19 07:40
I will be due for a new mini soon. I can still use the mini 2 indoors because FAA rules don't apply indoors. So I don't have to update RID if I'm flying indoors.

If you'd like I have a Dronetag Beacon remote ID I can send you that I don't use.  
5-19 08:30
Use props
BetterBizTech
Captain
  • >>>
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 5-19 08:30
If you'd like I have a Dronetag Beacon remote ID I can send you that I don't use.

Id give you something for it
5-19 10:09
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

BetterBizTech Posted at 5-19 10:09
Id give you something for it

No need.  Just shoot me a PM with where you want it mailed to and I'll get it off either tomorrow or Tuesday when I'm back in town.  
5-19 10:28
Use props
BetterBizTech
Captain
  • >>>
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 5-19 10:28
No need.  Just shoot me a PM with where you want it mailed to and I'll get it off either tomorrow or Tuesday when I'm back in town.

Much Appreciated. will do.
5-19 12:41
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

You're very welcome.
5-20 00:07
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

BetterBizTech Posted at 5-19 12:41
Much Appreciated. will do.

Got it and will get it wrapped and to the Post Office either today or tomorrow.  
5-20 01:51
Use props
BetterBizTech
Captain
  • >>>
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 5-20 01:51
Got it and will get it wrapped and to the Post Office either today or tomorrow.

Thank you. Hopefully I can reciprocate with something you need.
5-20 03:38
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

BetterBizTech Posted at 5-20 03:38
Thank you. Hopefully I can reciprocate with something you need.

You're welcome Charles.  It's better you put it to use and not just sit on the shelf doing nothing.  
5-20 03:44
Use props
BetterBizTech
Captain
  • >>>
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 5-20 03:44
You're welcome Charles.  It's better you put it to use and not just sit on the shelf doing nothing.

It will be. The mini 2 has been sitting, when it really doesn't have to.
5-20 04:02
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

BetterBizTech Posted at 5-20 04:02
It will be. The mini 2 has been sitting, when it really doesn't have to.

I sent you a PM as an update on the package.  
5-20 13:08
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Very nice shot!
5-29 22:26
Use props
BetterBizTech
Captain