What am I doing wrong,advice needed on blinking yellow light
1476 13 2016-8-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MadMat
lvl.2

Australia

Ok so These are my problem(s) would you guys mind giving me some advice please.

-R/C signal lost(in red).
-Yellow light flashing on rear of inspire.
-Return to home altitude keeps going back to zero no mater what height I set it at.
-Aircraft status 90% of the time is good 10% of the time says poor.
-Unable to calibrate compass,but it does say normal.
-No gimbals control from remote.
-When entering"Device Name"it doesn't save.

-Green light on controller is on
-Overall status is normal
-Imu status is normal
-Compass status is normal
-Remote icon has 5 bars
-H/D icon has 5 bars
-Full battery telemetry
-Live view from camera
-Set to beginner mode

App version 2.8.7
Remote controller version 1.7.40

2016-8-30
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hello MadMat,when you get the warning "RC signal lost",please try to relink the rc with aircraft.And the yellow light flashing fast means the rc disconnect with the aircraft.
Could you please provide a screenshot when you input the RTH altitude and the screenshot of the error message when you do the compass calibration?

2016-8-30
Use props
MadMat
lvl.2

Australia

DJI Mindy Posted at 2016-8-30 17:25
Hello MadMat,when you get the warning "RC signal lost",please try to relink the rc with aircraft.And ...

Hey Mindy I've tried reconnecting over & over again but I'm not having any luck.
I don't actually get an error message during compass calibration.Ive put my iPad into flight mode and it makes no difference.
I'm connecting by first switching on the remote then the inspire then the app & I've tried every other variant possible to no avail.
Also another couple of things that I've noticed are
-Time to discharge keeps defaulting to 1day after I set it to 10days
-Neither Check IMU or IMU calibration buttons are highlighted so im unable to use these functions.
Ok I've just realised I can't attach a screenshot directly from my photos,can you tell me do you use an online service to do this and if so which one?
2016-8-30
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

MadMat Posted at 2016-8-30 18:49
Hey Mindy I've tried reconnecting over & over again but I'm not having any luck.
I don't actually g ...

Hi, if your aircraft cannot connect with the RC , then you cannot do the IMU calibration or other settings.Did you update the aircraft's firmware as well?And sorry we don't use an online service.
2016-8-30
Use props
MadMat
lvl.2

Australia

DJI Mindy Posted at 2016-8-30 17:25
Hello MadMat,when you get the warning "RC signal lost",please try to relink the rc with aircraft.And ...

Ok before I go any further I've just connected my phone and the imu check is working i will play around for a little longer and get back to you maybe it's an issue with the iPad(air2) I'm currently trying it with a HTC m8. Just to note I've tried the iPad with two cables just to be sure and had no luck.
2016-8-30
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

MadMat Posted at 2016-8-30 06:01
Ok before I go any further I've just connected my phone and the imu check is working i will play a ...

I am confused with your post , can you start the motors via the RC Transmitter ?  
Below will help  with part of youyr problems, when you make changes to the Go app the system must be powered on ,  follow my directions for tunrning  system on and Off, this will help solve part of your problems.
Did you do a re set on the Master transmitter ?  How did this all start ?  It was working fine before correct ?  

If you have a green light on the Transmitter when the AC and RC- Transmitter  are on , you have connection  between the Aircraft and the RC transmitter.  Make sure you have a good cable between the Transmittter and the Go app device.  
also you would not be getting the Full bars on the HD and The RC signal if the Aircraft and RC transmitter were not connected.

DID YOU UPDATE THE AIRCRAFT TO 1.9  WHEN YOU UPDATED THE RC TRANSMITTER TO 1.7 ?

Make sure when you make changes to the settings on the aircraft that you power off and on in a certain order.  Most settings are stored on the AIRCRAFT and not the RC, so cycling the power on and off correctly is important.

To turn on system:

I pad can be  "On " but dont have Go app open
1- Turn on transmitter
2- Turn on Aircraft
3- Now is when you open go app

Now make any changes to the system that you wish, ( Must have AC on to make changes for many options )

Now to turn off system
1- Turn off Aircraft
2- Turn off Transmitter
3- Close go app or shut down I pad .

This will help with the settings that you are having trouble retaining.  

donnie

2016-8-30
Use props
MadMat
lvl.2

Australia

Donnie Posted at 2016-8-30 19:14
I am confused with your post , can you start the motors via the RC Transmitter ?  
Below will help  ...

Ok Donnie I will have to wait till tomorrow now before I go any further,the one thing that I don't have Is a memory stick or card reader which I'll go and buy first chance I get tomorrow.
Going by what you've said above you may have nailed it I've upgraded the transmitter but not the receiver since my first use the other day.
Now when I first got it the other day before updating anything and before the battery completely died I was able raise it into position fit and operate the gimble and not a lot more because by that stage the battery gave up.
So today I received my new batteries charged them up setup my new iPad and updated the controller,so my next move will be to download and update the bird itself. One last thing I never tried arming the motors the other day due to battery issues and no I'm unable to arm them at this point in time.Thanks mate for your reply your an absolute legend I'll get back to you as soon as I take care of the business above.
2016-8-30
Use props
MadMat
lvl.2

Australia

DJI Mindy Posted at 2016-8-30 19:00
Hi, if your aircraft cannot connect with the RC , then you cannot do the IMU calibration or other s ...

No I didn't from what you and Donnie are saying I'm pretty sure that's going to be the issue I will have to wait until tomorrow now to take care of it but I'm thinking you've probably nailed this for me, I'll let you know how I go tomorrow,as for posting pictures any tips or threads on this issue  I've never had any problems before on other forums,thank you for getting back to me so fast too by the way.
2016-8-30
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

MadMat Posted at 2016-8-30 07:09
Ok Donnie I will have to wait till tomorrow now before I go any further,the one thing that I don't  ...

In the future  ALWAYS UPDATE  the Aircraft first ,  there are some instances that can lock the AC in travel Mode and it is a chore to get it out of it.

So just as a rule of thumb , update the Aircraft first always, even if the RC says update available , check and see if there is one for the Aircraft  and if so install it first .

let me know if you have any trouble

donnie
2016-8-30
Use props
MadMat
lvl.2

Australia

Donnie Posted at 2016-8-31 04:28
In the future  ALWAYS UPDATE  the Aircraft first ,  there are some instances that can lock the AC  ...

Ok quick question should I try to rollback the  controller update now before trying to update the inspire to v1.9?
2016-8-30
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

MadMat Posted at 2016-8-31 07:29
Ok quick question should I try to rollback the  controller update now before trying to update the  ...

Since you have already updated the controller ,you could update the aircraft directly.
2016-8-30
Use props
MadMat
lvl.2

Australia

DJI Mindy Posted at 2016-8-31 09:36
Since you have already updated the controller ,you could update the aircraft directly.

Ok Mindy that's good news I've just bought a card reader/adaptor so once I locate the the update and download it etc I shall give it another try and let you know how I go
2016-8-30
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

MadMat Posted at 2016-8-31 09:56
Ok Mindy that's good news I've just bought a card reader/adaptor so once I locate the the update an ...

OK, if it's work , please let me know.
2016-8-30
Use props
MadMat
lvl.2

Australia

MadMat Posted at 2016-8-31 09:56
Ok Mindy that's good news I've just bought a card reader/adaptor so once I locate the the update an ...

Ok all up to date everything seems to be working fine,tomorrow weather permitting I'll take it it out for a first fly,thank you Mindy & Donnie for all your help.
2016-8-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules