Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Rob W
Second Officer
Flight distance : 96152 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

Hi,

I have a S900 with A2 and Lightbridge 1 and a 3-axix BaseCam gimbal. As all support is gone for LB1 I am thinking of bying the LB2.

Question: Can I map a LB2 controller wheel to a regular channel in A2 assistant to control pitch of my non-DJI gimbal that is connected to the A2 via servo cables (and maybe even yaw or roll on the second wheel)? I saw a video here that you could map the right wheel, but then it did not act as a smooth wheel but as a button instead(!)

Hate to think that all my investments in the S900, A2, LB and gimbal is wasted.

Best regards,

2016-3-25
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

Hi,
Before changing LB1to LB2, please be noticed the following differences between them:
The following enhancements have been made to the DJI Lightbridge 2:
A new SDI output port has been added. The Remote Controller is now integrated into the Ground System, so that you don’t need to buy an additional Remote Controller.
Transmission latency has been reduced to as low as 50ms. Transmission range has been extended to up to 5km. Intelligent, adaptive wireless technology has been added for increased transmission reliability. Picture-in-Picture output support has been added.
The AV input port of DJI Lightbridge 2 air system is also used for power supply, which is different from the previous generation. Make sure to avoid short circuiting this port during installation and use.
After finishing setting up the Air System, connect the A2 to your computer and use the A2 Assistant Software to map the channels of the Remote Controller. Map the Return to Home function to channel 6, which corresponds to the Return to Home button.
2016-3-28
Use props
Rob W
Second Officer
  • >>>
Sweden

DJI-Adela Posted at 2016-3-28 11:03
Hi,
Before changing LB1to LB2, please be noticed the following differences between them:
The followi ...

Hi Adela,

Thank you for giving me the specifications and howto's.

But, if you read my post, my big question and concern is if I can map a wheel button on the Lightbridge 2 controller, to a regular servo port (D1-4/F1-4). That servo port is connected to a *NON*-DJI gimbal via a servo cable.

With Lightbridge 1 this is no problem, but I've read somewhere here that the right wheel on Lightbridge 2 does not behave like a wheel, it instead jumps to certain values depending on how you "scroll" the weel. It does not a provide a smooth, even motion that you need for gimbal pitch. Perhaps it is fixed in a newer firmware, I don't know. So that is still my question.

If you cannon use Lightbridge 2 and get a smooth pitch via the 4 available servo ports mapped to the Lightbridge 2 controller, it is a dealbreaker.
2016-3-28
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

Rob W Posted at 2016-3-28 22:26
Hi Adela,

Thank you for giving me the specifications and howto's.

For LB2, the left wheel can be mapped to control the pitch of the gimbal. The right is for camera settings, it can also mapped as a dial button for the camera setting.
For more information about LB2, please refer to the LB2 user manual at http://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/l ... _Manual_en_V1.2.pdf
2016-3-29
Use props
Rob W
Second Officer
  • >>>
Sweden

DJI-Adela Posted at 2016-3-29 11:12
For LB2, the left wheel can be mapped to control the pitch of the gimbal. The right is for camera  ...

Hi,

Thank you, but please read my posts again and answer my questions if you can. I've read the manuals before, and since they did not answer my questions, I'll write here in the forum.

The LB2 left will is indeed for pitch, for DJI Zenmuse gimbals. But as I wrote, I have another brand, a Basecam gimbal. It is hooked to the A2's D1-4/F1-4 via servo cables. As far as I now, you can only map four custom controls on the Lightbridge 2, via the A2's D1-4/F1-4, and the left wheel is not one of them.

If you see this video:
The guy testing says you can map the right scroll wheel, but that it does not behave like a wheel that provides a smooth motion needed for controlling gimbal movement, instead it behaves like a button.

Is this fixed?
2016-3-29
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

LB2 with the latest firmware version is compatible with A2.
Please review below information, make sure you've connected to the right port and map them correctly. A2 Port Description.png

A2 Servo Gimbal Function.png

2016-3-30
Use props
Rob W
Second Officer
  • >>>
Sweden

DJI-Adela Posted at 2016-3-30 10:45
LB2 with the latest firmware version is compatible with A2.
Please review below information, make su ...

Hi,

Thank you Adela, but I do have read the manuals and I know how to connect everything. I'm sorry if I'm somehow unclear, but here are my questions, once again, that are still unanswered:

1. DJI support: See the video in my post above from start to end.

2. In this video the user states that SMOOTH gimbal movement IS NOT POSSIBLE *due to the LB2 wheel ACTS LIKE A BUTTON*, and does NOT give SMOOTH MOVEMENT needed for gimbal pitch or roll if you have a gimbal connected VIA SERVO CABLES (a NON-DJI gimbal).

3. Is Lightbridge 2 controller FULLY compatible with a NON-DJI gimbal, in other words a gimbal NOT made by DJI.

4. Can you use a Lightbridge 2 controllers wheels to get SMOOTH movement of pitch and perhaps even roll. That is: Is the issue the user speaks about FIXED?

In essence: Can the Lightbridge 2 controllers mappable RIGHT wheel (the left is unmappable according to the video), provide SMOOOOOTH movement to pitch on a gimbal NOT made by DJI, that is connected via a SERVO CABLE to the peripheral connectors on the A2 (F1-F4).

Hope to receive some answers to my questions.

2016-3-31
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

Rob W Posted at 2016-3-31 18:05
Hi,

Thank you Adela, but I do have read the manuals and I know how to connect everything. I'm sorr ...

Hi, Rob
Thanks for your patience!
I just wanted to make sure that there is no other misunderstanding.
You're right, D1~D4 are the regular channels for Lightbright 2 in A2 Assistant software. The left wheel of the Ground Station of Lightbridge 2 is set as controlling the pitch of the gimbal by default. The right wheel does act as like a button. The roll and yaw are controlled by the joysticks (It's the same thing for both DJI gimbal and 3rd party gimbal)
In addition, I'd like to reiterate (as stated in the User Manual): "No Receiver channel is asked to be mapped for the F2 or F3 port if gimbal function is enabled in the Assistant Software. Note: Even you map Receiver channels to F3 and F2 (Which are shown as D3 and D2 in the Assistant Software->Channel Mapping), the F3 and F2 will not give output signals from the mapped Receiver channels"
2016-4-1
Use props
Rob W
Second Officer
  • >>>
Sweden

DJI-Adela Posted at 2016-4-1 12:39
Hi, Rob
Thanks for your patience!
I just wanted to make sure that there is no other misunderstandi ...

Hi,

Ok, now we are working towards my questions.

So, again:
* Can I, with a SINGLE Lightbridge 2 controller, control a NON-DJI gimbal's pitch, SMOOTHLY?
(The gimbal is connected via servo cables to D1-D4 on A2).

* Is the LEFT LB2's controller mappable to a NON-DJI gimbal's pitch?

If the answer is no to one or both of these questions, WILL IT BE FIXED? In other words, will you fix so the LEFT and/or RIGHT scroll wheel can be mapped to D1-D4 AND PROVIDE SMOOTH MOVEMENT OF PITCH, ROLL or YAW?

DJI left us LB1 users behind, killing off a good and working product quickly. It was very expensive and many bought it. You should provide the same functions to LB2.
2016-4-1
Use props
Rob W
Second Officer
  • >>>
Sweden

Adela, do you have any answers to my questions (see post 9), and of course the first post?
2016-4-9
Use props
Rob W
Second Officer
  • >>>
Sweden

@Adela or anyone else at DJI who can answer:

Can you answer the questions in this post? Can you answer if you can control camera pitch SMOOTHLY with a scroll wheel with LB2 and the LB2 controller? The left or the right one. As far as we know, the right scroll wheel acts like a button, and not a wheel so you can't to SMOOTH movement (unless a newer firmware/software have fixed this).

Simple question, simple answer.

On a post yesterday Adela said that it is not totally compatible with a non-DJI gimbal, but that you could control Pitch. So, what is it?
2016-4-19
Use props
alexander.sucke
lvl.2

Germany

Please keep in mind, that the power input for the LB2 air system has to be 12V. For the LB1 it is 3S to 6S.
If you have an non-DJI gimbal you also need the Y cable from the LB1 for power and CAN-Bus. In this cable you can solder a BEC.

And to answer your question: with the LB2 smooth movement with a non-DJI gimbal is only possible with a second ground station. With this you can control F2 to F4 with its sticks.
2016-4-20
Use props
Rob W
Second Officer
  • >>>
Sweden

alexander.sucke Posted at 2016-4-20 17:09
Please keep in mind, that the power input for the LB2 air system has to be 12V. For the LB1 it is 3S ...

Thank you, Alexander!

Then LB2 is a no-go. Hope the use of the right scroll wheel is fixable in firmware/software, so you can use it as smooth pitch.

IMHO this is a big bummer.

Thank's again, Alexander for giving answers.
2016-4-20
Use props
poco_bw
lvl.2

Botswana

Rob W Posted at 2016-4-20 07:18
@Adela or anyone else at DJI who can answer:

Can you answer the questions in this post? Can you answer if you can control camera pitch SMOOTHLY with a scroll wheel with LB2 and the LB2 controller? The left or the right one. As far as we know, the right scroll wheel acts like a button, and not a wheel so you can't to SMOOTH movement (unless a newer firmware/software have fixed this).

The truth is that they will never enable it despite the fact that is a simple fix. They want to sell you the second controller is just good business for DJI. Just put 2 controllers in a tray and you are done...obviously with empty pockets :-) Despite all this I get  LB2 because is no other way to connect a X5 gimbal.
2016-12-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules