P3S loss of range
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jimwilhelm1
lvl.1

United States

I had to replace my P3S controller and with the new controller, my range has been reduced by approximately 50%......I received the new controller, and per instructiions, updated the firmware to the latest levels. After pairing the controller to the aircraft, I can't seem to fly further than 800 feet at the same location where I could easily reach 2000 feet with the old controller. Can anyone help?
2016-5-7
Use props
Mr.buGSy
lvl.2
Flight distance : 820712 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

Hey Jim,

Have you tried to fly in different places to see what results you get? Also are you on the latest firmware ?

regards,
buGSy
2016-5-7
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>

The controllers are the same so you should be getting the same distance. Can you test an open area, where you tested before may now have more interference.
Also, when you lose signal, is the signal bar going down or does it stay full bars. If the bars go down and your losing signal then its interference in that area.
Also, this video may help.

2016-5-7
Use props
jimwilhelm1
lvl.1

United States

Thanks for the replies guys.....
I am on the latest firmware and I have tried flying in locations where there are no homes or businesses within 5 miles. ( I live in the N. Nevada desert). The range didn't improve at all. Antenna is perpendicular to the aircraft and there are no obstacles at all. The only difference is the level of firmware and the new controller.
2016-5-8
Use props
mdazel
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1140725 ft

jimwilhelm1@aol Posted at 2016-5-8 22:05
Thanks for the replies guys.....
I am on the latest firmware and I have tried flying in locations wh ...

Hello there, I have a thread on this with much data .. take a look .. maybe we should join forces .. just-say-in...!!! ;-)
.. here is the link: http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=51503&extra=page%3D1%26filter%3Dtypeid%26typeid%3D369%26typeid%3D369
2016-5-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules