Mavic Shipping Update (02/17/2017)
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Tricchio
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2779 ft
Italy

Ordered 30/12/2016
I have 3 blue dot. I'm still waiting, from Italy...

2017-1-14
Use props
djmavic
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1608 ft
Barbados

Update on my order
Place order on 12/31 for Mavic and DJI refresh, and DJI took the money on 1/6. Shipped 1/12 and will be delivered on the 16th. The Mavic was shipped from AUSTELL, GA.
2017-1-14
Use props
The Rev
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1256837 ft
United Kingdom

Wellsi Posted at 2017-1-14 00:36
Hi Ken
My order status changed to 'Shipped' 4 days ago (10th Jan), but still no tracking info.  Today I went onto online chat and they advised it won't be shipped until the 20th Jan.  That is later than the email stating "Order today and we will ship by the 18" but more to the point, why change an order status to show 'Shipped' when it hasn't?  You said people should get shipping info 2 days after the order changes to 'shipped'.  
Cheers as ever for your help

I was told 18th but still have only 3 blue dots so ill wait until Wednesday then I'm emailing BBC Watchdog to see if they are interested and send them the link to this forum
2017-1-14
Use props
HamonRye
lvl.1
Flight distance : 234318 ft
United States

Placed Flymore Combo along with monitor hood and extra propellers order January 4th to DJI from Florida USA. Money cleared Paypal credit January 5th. The status remained "authorised" until January 13th around 3:00 am EST when 4th blue dot appeared without a tracking number. Although desktop site said shipped the mobile site differed with authorised changing to pay confirmed.  January 14th at 2:00 am I received email from  DJI saying my order has shipped w tracking numbers for 2 separate boxes. Checked tracking this morning at 8:00am and it has left DJI facility. Desktop site says shipped w/ tracking numbers but mobile site still has pay confirmed as status without tracking numbers. Best of luck to everyone
2017-1-14
Use props
kayakmike
lvl.1
United States

So I had to wait until my Phantom 3 sold before I could buy my Mavic (not a huge market for used drones...lots of sellers but very few buyers). Probably worked out better since if I would have sold my P3A back in Oct when the Mavic first came out I would have been droneless for several months now, including a Hawaii trip.

Anyway, sold the P3A Monday AM. Went on-line and was glad to see the wait time went from multi-month waits/delays to 7-10 days (now 5-7 days). A friend of mine bought a P4 right when the Mavic was announced (Oct). He immediately returned it and placed an order for the Mavic. He just got his about 2 weeks ago (~3 month wait). So I can't complain too much about a couple of weeks.

Biggest gripe is that two different credit cards of mine rejected DJI store. Had to go through PayPal to use the CC.

Ordered fly more combo with hood. In San Diego, CA.

Order placed: 1/9 18:30 UTC
PayPal shows payment to DJI on 1/11
Bank shows money to PayPal on 1/12
Still on 3rd ball (Payment Success)
2017-1-14
Use props
Icondacarver
lvl.2
Flight distance : 41220 ft
United Kingdom

So it seems those who ordered before January are being made to wait especially those from Europe.
2017-1-14
Use props
100thmonkey
lvl.2
Flight distance : 579177 ft
United Kingdom

Chriscycling Posted at 2017-1-14 03:17
I'm over 3 days since I got shipped status. Emailed DJI Sales as Ken instructed - automated response only. I ordered 10th and got 'Order Confirmation' same day. So if I add the 7-10 business days shipping estimation from the email and the DJI store site it should actually get shipped between the 19th and the 22nd. Add delivery of around 3-5 days to the UK and that seems to be what other UK buyers are seeing. As others have pointed out the mobile site appears to have more accurate & realistic information. I think they should change the label on the 4th blue dot to 'Order Processing Awaiting Shipping' which would manage customer expectations much better. As I typed this I got and email from Calvin from DJI.

Calvin (DJI)Jan 14, 19:03 CSTDear customer,

You see another example,  how have you got a shipped status when you ordered 5 days after me and many days after the december guys!

DJI please look into this as someones lying somewhere,  this is not in order
2017-1-14
Use props
fans6091a050
New
Flight distance : 10522 ft
United States

Ordered Mavic on 1/4, moved to 4th dot on 1/13, got shipping info night of 1/13, CC payment is still pending in bank. CC not yet charged by Bank.
Shipping from SHENZHEN CN. This is what i see in tracking.

Date/Time Activity                Location
1/14/2017 - Saturday
9:09 pm        At FedEx origin facility                SHENZHEN CN
6:39 pm        Picked up        Package received after FedEx cutoff         SHENZHEN CN

No delivery date yet, but hope to get it by 1/18
2017-1-14
Use props
fanseb96bbe7
lvl.2
Flight distance : 5653 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hold on folks. Watching my Mavic Pro Combo moving again. 8:15pm Hong Kong time Saturday evening 5:15am West Coast time Saturday morning FedEx Aircraft took off.  Should be on
U.S. Soil in 12-13 hours. Due for delivery in Las Vegas early Tuesday 1-17-2017 morning. Only waited 18 days after cancelling my existing third party order. Winds blowing hard here
Past week, but once the wind dies down, I can fly. Thanks again DJI for a successful buy and wishing very good luck to all still waiting. You'll get your Mavic soon. Patience, patience and
patience.
2017-1-14
Use props
Freaze
lvl.2
United States

DanCarpy Posted at 2017-1-14 04:23
What a surprise... UK shipping suffers again and the rest of the USA all get a mavic

Blame it on Brexit
2017-1-14
Use props
The Rev
Second Officer
United Kingdom

100thmonkey Posted at 2017-1-14 08:23
You see another example,  how have you got a shipped status when you ordered 5 days after me and many days after the december guys!

DJI please look into this as someones lying somewhere,  this is not in order

I think we can only compare with people in the UK but there clearly was a lot of people ordered in January in the UK have there Mavic and I ordered 26/12 but I really pity people who ordered from 3rd parties that have waited since October.
They make a excellent product but logistically they seem clueless and they want to hope a company like Apple doesn't start making drones as it will be game over.
2017-1-14
Use props
check4twenty
lvl.2
Flight distance : 108071 ft
United States

DanCarpy Posted at 2017-1-14 04:23
What a surprise... UK shipping suffers again and the rest of the USA all get a mavic

Aww, boo hoo. I'm sure its because DJI wants to sell all the Mavics to the USA first....come on man, there are disruptions everywhere. Its sucks, I know, lets not make it something its not.
2017-1-14
Use props
icerecou
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1530732 ft
Canada

check4twenty Posted at 2017-1-14 09:29
Aww, boo hoo. I'm sure its because DJI wants to sell all the Mavics to the USA first....come on man, there are disruptions everywhere. Its sucks, I know, lets not make it something its not.

hahaha maybe someone will ask to be USA made like for GM
2017-1-14
Use props
check4twenty
lvl.2
United States

I got two tracking numbers overnight. It show fedex has both boxes ready to leave China. I payed on Jan 10th, got confirmed same day. Got fourth blue dot on Jan. 13, and got tracking numbers on the morning of Jan. 14th. I guess I am one of the lucky ones. On a side note, the iOS DJI Store app has still not updated that the unit has shipped, but the computer based site has the most current information. Good luck everybody, hang in there.
2017-1-14
Use props
icerecou
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1530732 ft
Canada

check4twenty Posted at 2017-1-14 09:35
I got two tracking numbers overnight. It show fedex has both boxes ready to leave China. I payed on Jan 10th, got confirmed same day. Got fourth blue dot on Jan. 13, and got tracking numbers on the morning of Jan. 14th. I guess I am one of the lucky ones. On a side note, the iOS DJI Store app has still not updated that the unit has shipped, but the computer based site has the most current information. Good luck everybody, hang in there.

you are lucky, ordered the 9th , payment same day, still no 4th dot.
Are you in US?
2017-1-14
Use props
Disane
lvl.2
Flight distance : 56240 ft
Germany

DJI told me the shippings are on first come first serve basis, which is trully not the truth.

How could it be that some orders of 3rd or younger are beeing shipped and mine from 01.01.2017 not.

This entirelly sucks!
IMG_1277.PNG
2017-1-14
Use props
DanCarpy
lvl.2

United Kingdom

check4twenty Posted at 2017-1-14 09:29

It wasn't a dig at USA as a whole, it just seems like you guys are having the most luck at getting picked out of the DJI order hat raffle!
2017-1-14
Use props
Chriscycling
lvl.3
United Kingdom

DanCarpy Posted at 2017-1-14 09:50
It wasn't a dig at USA as a whole, it just seems like you guys are having the most luck at getting picked out of the DJI order hat raffle!

I think we are now seeing a different issue - before there was no stock anywhere, now it looks like there is stock but only in certain countries. I guess DJI has shipping hubs/distribution centres around the world and speed of dispatch is now depending on stock levels in these hubs.
2017-1-14
Use props
fans9ffb3c3b
lvl.1
Germany

I think you are totally right Chris. It depends on the region. They also stated that US is different in fulfillment of delivery then Europe. It will be the same in other regions. Also customs can be a pain. Trust me. My company was shipping to the US from Europe and we had the servers stuck at LAX because of the paperwork and we had an expierneced agent.
2017-1-14
Use props
Blucenturion
lvl.2
Flight distance : 362995 ft
United States

Mine's coming from China, on Monday, to US.Edit; Shipping from China on Monday, that is. Ordered Jan 4 Fly Mor Combo DJI Online.
2017-1-14
Use props
check4twenty
lvl.2
United States

I think, and I have no knowledge of how it works, that the reason it seems the USA is getting more units is probably because there are more aircraft heading over here with other goods. The fedex hub in Atlanta is sooooo massive. Its just a thought. Also, it seems like the units are going through some sort of US customs when fedex takes the package in China, so that when it does get to the US, it can be re-routed immediately. I've been looking around and it seems third party vendors are getting stock too. I almost canceled my order on the 13th and was going to try and purchase somewhere else. I am so glad I didn't.
2017-1-14
Use props
check4twenty
lvl.2
United States

I also noticed there is a comment on the fedex page just under the first location update for Shenzhen. It says, "Package recieved after fedex cut-off". Then there is an other location entry of, "at Fedex origin facility". I'm not sure but I think this means that the package missed the most recent group of shipments getting on an aircraft and that it will have to wait for the next airplane....So it may sit over the weekend. I wonder how frequently aircraft come and go. I bet it is unreal the amount of traffic!
2017-1-14
Use props
The Rev
Second Officer
United States

check4twenty Posted at 2017-1-14 10:47
I think, and I have no knowledge of how it works, that the reason it seems the USA is getting more units is probably because there are more aircraft heading over here with other goods. The fedex hub in Atlanta is sooooo massive. Its just a thought. Also, it seems like the units are going through some sort of US customs when fedex takes the package in China, so that when it does get to the US, it can be re-routed immediately. I've been looking around and it seems third party vendors are getting stock too. I almost canceled my order on the 13th and was going to try and purchase somewhere else. I am so glad I didn't.

I had a Mavic Battery delivered from Apple and it had in large writing on the side of the box (Lithium Battery for ground transport only)
If that's the case can the Mavic not be taken on a flight?
2017-1-14
Use props
OP_POP
lvl.1
Flight distance : 64354 ft
Canada

Received mine on Thursday, Thanks DJI
2017-1-14
Use props
fans672e9f91
lvl.1

United States

Ordered confirmed 7 Jan and still no fourth blue dot.  5-7 business days and 6 of them gone already.  False promise, or procrastination?
2017-1-14
Use props
The Rev
Second Officer
United States

It doesn't bother me that people in other country's receive before the UK as its just the logistics of it and I usually pre order stuff so I am used to waiting in line and I will wait as long as it takes as long as its done in order but this clearly hasn't happened in the UK and I cant understand why DJI has done it.
2017-1-14
Use props
check4twenty
lvl.2
United States

The Rev Posted at 2017-1-14 10:56
I had a Mavic Battery delivered from Apple and it had in large writing on the side of the box (Lithium Battery for ground transport only)
If that's the case can the Mavic not be taken on a flight?

There are different regulations on batteries shipped "in equipment" and individually. Even though the Mavic battery is removable, when it gets shipped with the Mavic I guess its considered "in equipment". There are also different regulations for what type of lithium battery it is, ie lithium ion, lithium metal, lithium polymer...From what I have read, all
Lithium batteries are classified as hazardous materials or "dangerous goods". But there are exceptions for common small sizes of batteries. Also, if they are being transported by an air carrier, the aircraft has to have appropriate equipment to handle the batteries in case if emergency. They also have to be packed in a specific way and labeled appropriatly. I think domestically, they try and minimize air shipments of li-pos, but oversees they do it pretty regularly. Everything has them now, its when they are by themselves, our nations governments freak out and make rules....
2017-1-14
Use props
check4twenty
lvl.2
United States

Sorry, to simply answere your question..you will likely have to "carry on" you mavic's batteries to fly with them. I believe it is illegal to "check" baggage with batteries that contain lithium.
2017-1-14
Use props
The Rev
Second Officer
United States

check4twenty Posted at 2017-1-14 11:27
There are different regulations on batteries shipped "in equipment" and individually. Even though the Mavic battery is removable, when it gets shipped with the Mavic I guess its considered "in equipment". There are also different regulations for what type of lithium battery it is, ie lithium ion, lithium metal, lithium polymer...From what I have read, all
Lithium batteries are classified as hazardous materials or "dangerous goods". But there are exceptions for common small sizes of batteries. Also, if they are being transported by an air carrier, the aircraft has to have appropriate equipment to handle the batteries in case if emergency. They also have to be packed in a specific way and labeled appropriatly. I think domestically, they try and minimize air shipments of li-pos, but oversees they do it pretty regularly. Everything has them now, its when they are by themselves, our nations governments freak out and make rules....

Thanks for the explanation.
2017-1-14
Use props
The Rev
Second Officer
United States

check4twenty Posted at 2017-1-14 11:29
Sorry, to simply answere your question..you will likely have to "carry on" you mavic's batteries to fly with them. I believe it is illegal to "check" baggage with batteries that contain lithium.

Ok so it should be ok as hand luggage but I suppose we would have to check with the individual airline.
2017-1-14
Use props
check4twenty
lvl.2
United States

The Rev Posted at 2017-1-14 11:33
Ok so it should be ok as hand luggage but I suppose we would have to check with the individual airline.

I have traveled on all American air carriers while carrying on individual li-pos. Like the ones we've all been using in our RC airplanes and home built quads the past few years. I use a 3 or 4 cell Turnigy li-po to power a small power supply that outputs constant 5 volts for a usb connection. I would use this to charge my iPad during long flights or lay overs. I would take the batteries, in my back pack, through the TSA security check point and never had an issue. I have heard of others doing the same thing but had trouble with a power abusing TSA agent. When that happens its because they do not know the regulations. I always carry a copy of the airlines policy in case they challenge me. And, its important to remember that all the air carriers have different policies, so check their website. I don't have any over seas travel experience, so I can't say how they would treat you. Whats nice about the DJI batteries is they are very clean looking and are obviously for a device. I was surprised that I never had an issue in the past with TSA as the li-pos I was using could have been mistaken for something more dangerous.
2017-1-14
Use props
The Rev
Second Officer
United States

check4twenty Posted at 2017-1-14 12:32
I have traveled on all American air carriers while carrying on individual li-pos. Like the ones we've all been using in our RC airplanes and home built quads the past few years. I use a 3 or 4 cell Turnigy li-po to power a small power supply that outputs constant 5 volts for a usb connection. I would use this to charge my iPad during long flights or lay overs. I would take the batteries, in my back pack, through the TSA security check point and never had an issue. I have heard of others doing the same thing but had trouble with a power abusing TSA agent. When that happens its because they do not know the regulations. I always carry a copy of the airlines policy in case they challenge me. And, its important to remember that all the air carriers have different policies, so check their website. I don't have any over seas travel experience, so I can't say how they would treat you. Whats nice about the DJI batteries is they are very clean looking and are obviously for a device. I was surprised that I never had an issue in the past with TSA as the li-pos I was using could have been mistaken for something more dangerous.

Good idea about carrying the airline policy thanks
2017-1-14
Use props
fanse6008f15
lvl.1

United Kingdom

All those folks in the UK get onto Digitalrev.com they are in stock.I've cancelled my so I order and mine is coming Wednesday.quick and as painless as that....
2017-1-14
Use props
QuantumX
lvl.1
United Kingdom

fanse6008f15 Posted at 2017-1-14 13:18
All those folks in the UK get onto Digitalrev.com they are in stock.I've cancelled my so I order and mine is coming Wednesday.quick and as painless as that....

I saw a few days ago DigitalRev has stock, but for people in the UK who don't know they are not a UK based Company, and are based in Hong Kong.

But they do seem to have some good deals. Would be interested to see what people experience people get who order from them have...
2017-1-14
Use props
Chriscycling
lvl.3
United Kingdom

QuantumX Posted at 2017-1-14 13:24
I saw a few days ago DigitalRev has stock, but for people in the UK who don't know they are not a UK based Company, and are based in Hong Kong.

But they do seem to have some good deals. Would be interested to see what people experience people get who order from them have...

I had a look at Digital Rev. My concern would be import charges although reviewers say that they get them refunded. My bigger concern would be warranty - would DJI honour any returns from the UK for drones bought direct from China ?
2017-1-14
Use props
DanCarpy
lvl.2

United Kingdom

fanse6008f15 Posted at 2017-1-14 13:18

I messaged them this morning after seeing someone say they had stock.
I asked if they could confirm if they did have stock and ready to ship and they said yes.
I then sent them another email to ask them if the mavic charger would have a UK plug and what was the warranty situation and this is the reply I got .
IMG_2536.PNG
2017-1-14
Use props
Icondacarver
lvl.2
Flight distance : 41220 ft
United Kingdom

DanCarpy Posted at 2017-1-14 13:38
I asked if they could confirm if they did have stock and ready to ship and they said yes.
I then sent them another email to ask them if the mavic charger would have a UK plug and what was the warranty situation and this is the reply I got .

Great research work.

If DJI do not send my order by the 18th, I will risk it
2017-1-14
Use props
O'Donovan
lvl.2
Flight distance : 613589 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DanCarpy Posted at 2017-1-14 13:38

Mine is arriving Tuesday as I ordered yesterday!.. I'm actually happy again
2017-1-14
Use props
DanCarpy
lvl.2

United Kingdom

O'Donovan Posted at 2017-1-14 13:43
Mine is arriving Tuesday as I ordered yesterday!.. I'm actually happy again

I'm so tempted, sick of waiting for DJI's estimated dates.
Let me know how you get on
2017-1-14
Use props
O'Donovan
lvl.2
Flight distance : 613589 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DanCarpy Posted at 2017-1-14 13:46
I'm so tempted, sick of waiting for DJI's estimated dates.
Let me know how you get on

Will do.....
2017-1-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules