New firmware for Mavic Pro has been released(04/05/2017)
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Karjar
lvl.1

Canada

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-11-10 22:20
Not sure, you can update from the app as well.

I have done both firmware updates direct from my iPhone while in the controller..both firmware updates successfully updated drone and controller..Was really very easy. App said a firmware update was there, activated the download and waited about 15 minutes. Drone on, controller on with iPhone connected and DJI app launched..amazing how simple it was.  I have the DJI Assistant on my computer but yet to use it..
2016-11-11
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>

Karjar Posted at 2016-11-12 10:52
I have done both firmware updates direct from my iPhone while in the controller..both firmware upd ...

Good to hear, and yes updating firmware is much simpler than a P3 or Inspire.
2016-11-11
Use props
fansf63b15d9
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1637933 ft
  • >>>
Australia

I just ran some tests with color settings on the new firmware.

2016-11-11
Use props
ft2t8TggVHR7
New

Germany

CanD Posted at 2016-11-10 13:52
Hi,

is the update working for anyone on macOS? I have the latest version of the DJI Assistent downl ...

I have the same problem. Update hangs at 0%. I'm waiting for 20 minutes now (thought maybe the update runs in the background and just the status % isn't working).

@DJI Ken: Can you please help? I don't have a Windows mashine and won't install a virtual system just to install an update. Especially not as Apple and DJI are close partners.

So, what to do? Can't fly till I got the Mavic due signal lost all the time. I need this update.

Update 1: I tried updating with the DJI App on my iPhone and it seems to work, at least updating is at 14% now what's better than 0%
Update 2: Stucked at 99%. I'm beginning to regret spending so much money on this Mavic Pro (and already selled my Phantom 4).Update 3: After more tha 50 minutes and hanging at 99% I disconnected the Mavic from the controller and the DJI App and receonnected. I checked the version built at everything seems to be up to date now. Just tried a short flight from my garden an connection seems to be stable again although the Mavic didn't respond very fast to remote commands. I'll try again when the weather is better and report again.

2016-11-12
Use props
Enzo65
lvl.2
Flight distance : 734485 ft
United States

After 1.02.09 firmware update, I get very bad wavy video like interference or something.  I also got a Gimbal Motor Overload warning a couple times. It happens even when sitting on the ground before take-off.  And oddly, it doesn't seem to do it indoors.   I've calibrated the gimbal with no effect.  

Does anybody else have this problem?

UPDATE: Nevermind.  I downgraded the firmware to the previous version and the problem persists.  I must have a bad gimbal motor.  
2016-11-12
Use props
fansa5e1fb66
lvl.2

United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-11-11 20:31
Good to hear, and yes updating firmware is much simpler than a P3 or Inspire.

Hi DJI-Ken
Can you tell me how to find out what firmware is installed in the Mavic , Controller and Battery.
I don't have my mavic yet. (Has not shipped yet. Ordered on 10-5-2016 on eBay) But when it gets here I would like to know what firmware is installed.
Thanks for all your help
2016-11-12
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

fansa5e1fb66 Posted at 2016-11-13 03:37
Hi DJI-Ken
Can you tell me how to find out what firmware is installed in the Mavic , Controller and ...

Since you do not have it yet, you will need to install the latest firmware as there was new firmware as of a few days ago.
From the General Settings tab you just scroll to the bottom to About.
2016-11-12
Use props
fansa5e1fb66
lvl.2

United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-11-12 19:02
Since you do not have it yet, you will need to install the latest firmware as there was new firmwa ...

What exactly are you referring to. When you say go to the, General Settings tab, and  latest firmware.
Are you referring to Software from http://www.dji.com/mavic/info#downloads
I have already installed DJI Assistant 2 1.0.6.334 For win.exe to my computer.
And DJI GO App to my Tablet. I don't know what Version DJI GO App that is on my Tablet.
When I receive my Mavic and power it up for the first time, If it needs any updates it will prompt me to update Is that correct?
Ones Again thank you.
2016-11-13
Use props
bryanli
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1895253 ft
Canada

Does anyone know if the uncontrollable issue during flight issue has been fixed in the latest firmware?
Issue reported in these two videos

2016-11-13
Use props
ARFCO
New
United States

So I have tried to install the update many times on both the controller and the aircraft from my computer with no success... Have watched the tutorial many times...

Has anybody had success with the upgrade? What am I doing wrong?

Thanks!
Reading above success with updating directly from the iPhone/controller... I guess I'll try that!

Update - the firmware update was successful on both the controller and the aircraft using DJI Go on th iPhone!
2016-11-13
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

bryanli Posted at 2016-11-14 04:31
Does anyone know if the uncontrollable issue during flight issue has been fixed in the latest firmwa ...

Yes the latest firmware should solve this.
2016-11-13
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

fansa5e1fb66 Posted at 2016-11-13 20:04
What exactly are you referring to. When you say go to the, General Settings tab, and  latest firmw ...

When you get the Mavic, follow those instructions and the About page will tell you what version you are on. For now you can go to the about page and it will tell you what app version you have. Then when you get the aircraft it will tell you that as well.
And after you activate it, it will tell you that the firmware needs to be updated, just follow the  instructions the app will guide you through it.
2016-11-13
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

ARFCO Posted at 2016-11-14 04:41
So I have tried to install the update many times on both the controller and the aircraft from my com ...

Here is a video on how to update from the computer, and please subscribe to the Support channel and watch all the videos that relate to the Mavic.
Just update through the app if you are having difficulties with the Assistant2.

2016-11-13
Use props
bigwoe
New
United States

I have been  attempting a firmware update for almost two hours now and have gotten all the way to 99% complete and it has stopped. Flight battery is now showing 17% with no signs of completion.. Any thoughts on a. Solution ?
I am using an iPhone and the update went to 99% within the 15 min time frame. After that, it stayed there. The battery level fell below 10% and I was forced to recharge. The app still shows
Updating (99%)
2016-11-14
Use props
Drone Enthusias
lvl.3
Flight distance : 22890 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

Maybe deliver the Mavic first so that we have something to update.
2016-11-14
Use props
fans766ba4c0
Banned

United Kingdom

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2016-11-15
Use props
CaleyD
lvl.1
Flight distance : 23737 ft
United Kingdom

That escalated quickly!!
2016-11-16
Use props
JIMKLEIN
New

United States

Since upgrading the firmware - my larger USB on my transmitter won't connect. Small one on the side works fine, but I use the larger one to a headset & my ipad. Please help.
2016-11-16
Use props
JIMKLEIN
New

United States

JIMKLEIN Posted at 2016-11-16 17:05
Since upgrading the firmware - my larger USB on my transmitter won't connect. Small one on the side  ...

Just got an answer - in the new firmware, the left plug cannot be plugged in (even though it's not connected to anything) if you are using the bottom USB.

Thanks!
Jim
2016-11-16
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

JIMKLEIN Posted at 2016-11-17 07:38
Just got an answer - in the new firmware, the left plug cannot be plugged in (even though it's not ...

That is correct, they made the side port priority, if using the bottom port you must unplug the side.
2016-11-18
Use props
fansa5e1fb66
lvl.2

United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-11-18 08:36
That is correct, they made the side port priority, if using the bottom port you must unplug the si ...

Good Morning to All. I haven't received my Mavic yet, so thout I would try to find out how the Mavic is doing. After reading posts in this forum for several weeks, Some problems seem to be persistent. Even after
firmware updates were suppose to fix the problem.
When I get my Mavic was planing on updating firmware if prompted to do so when powering it up.
Know that mite not fix any problems but mite cause problems. Have been trying to make a Step by Step
on what to do for first flit. This doesn't seem possible at this time do to so meany conflicting posts.
Don't know what to do. What is going on with the Mavic?   
2016-11-19
Use props
Manu D Reddy
New

India

hey
i am from india , currently staying in chicago
i am leaving to india on december 7th
but i know that i wont get my mavic before that
i have already completed the billing process
i would be very happy and pleased if my mavic can be delivered before that
this is my order number 0018403295383
i am texting here because for the past one week i have tried contacting dji and they have been completely unresponsive
so i hope that i atleast get a reply here by someone saying whether i will or will not get my mavic before december 7
this is my mail address  ; manudreddy@gmail.com
2016-11-19
Use props
fansbb5b373a
lvl.1

Italy

i read that some mavic had problem

this new firmaware solved these problems??

my mavic arrive tomorrow, i dont know if is better do the firmware update or not
2016-11-20
Use props
fans7e1096e6
lvl.1
Flight distance : 146841 ft
Australia

On my maiden flight at 57 seconds into flight the Mavic received 100% left yaw for about half a second. This input was not me (certain - have own and fly phantom 3). Did upgrade aircraft and controller to version 01.02.0900 firmware. Did calibrate stick and IMUs from cold. Forgot to d a compass calibration but sticks show 100% left yaw so not a compass issue. Flew 5 more flight without issue. Suspect there may still be instability issue with firmware (probably in transmitter given stick movement is seen on playback. Flight logs uploaded to Dropbox.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.co ... _%5B15-14-25%5D.txt

Can provide logs from Mavic if required but these are large files.

In summary - am a bit concerned but in this case no long term loss of control.
2016-11-20
Use props
fansbb5b373a
lvl.1

Italy

with the new firmrware all problem are solved?

some people notice that:

1) the mavic lose the signal with the RC ... and for this reason start every flight the Automatic RTH

2) the gimbal signal "obstructed"... and shaking a lot (no one solved this problem)

so these problems depends on the new firmware?
2016-11-21
Use props
fans8001ff7e
lvl.1

United States

Manu D Reddy Posted at 2016-11-19 08:03
hey
i am from india , currently staying in chicago
i am leaving to india on december 7th

lmao!!!! Good luck on that one
2016-11-22
Use props
fans4672ef2f
lvl.2
Flight distance : 4787 ft
United States

Out of curiosity does anyone know why or know what to do to address this? I installed the latest firmware update through my PC. Everything went well. I turned on my drone, the mobile app says in red that I need to update firmware. I shut it off, checked again with my PC and it says latest firmware installed. I turned my Mavic back on and the mobile app says I need to update firmware. I waited a few more seconds and the message disappears and says ready to go. This happened 10 flights ago and has happened every time.

I ended up clearing cache and storage data under my Nexus 6P, reconnected to Mavic and same issue. I haven't had any problems flying it. It seems it gives me a false positive saying my firmware is outdated then says it's all fine.

One more thing: I LOVE my Mavic and DJI!!!
2016-11-22
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

fans4672ef2f Posted at 2016-11-23 01:21
Out of curiosity does anyone know why or know what to do to address this? I installed the latest fir ...

Glad you are liking the Mavic, have you tried to delete/reinstall the app?
Make sure to sync your flight records first.
2016-11-24
Use props
WillBapta
lvl.2

United States

Good stuff. Can't wait to order mine
2016-11-25
Use props
UAV Man
lvl.1
Flight distance : 4747 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hey 'Tech Ken' when the 2nd edition out of Mavic, just cancelled order for the 1st one, thought I'd wait after the gimbal. jello, won't land issues in the social media?
2016-11-27
Use props
fans802e59b3
lvl.3
Flight distance : 327352 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

npole Posted at 2016-10-21 12:28
Anyone got the Combo (not just the Mav) shipped yet in Europe? I only see the drone only confirmatio ...

I ordered the Combo and it's just landed at Heathrow and hopefully have it Wednesday .. ordered on the 29th September..
2016-11-27
Use props
MikeQView
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Can some one please shine a light on this for me to understand,  i am relatively new to the DJI camp,   only this year gaining my first inspire 1 v2.0 ,  and now waiting for my Mavic, i was going to preorder the inspire 2 also , but for now feel badly hurt by the "Mavic experience"   any way getting back to point,  why is there NO  "Stable" release, before moving on and making the next updates in firmware and software, it appears that DJI are moving mountains in the Hardware department but are in the "Dark ages" with firmware control ???  most other systems i have seen develop the piece of firmware/software in its package debugging and trimming and tidying it up,  when that version is as far as they can go , they park it up , and call it a "stable release" ,  then all the wishes, new ideas etc , changes go into the next NEW version,  and then develop the new version, but leave the older version alone, and only tidying any minor flaws, to make it even more stable,     what this does is that the people who need to depend on it day in day out, get a stable platform to work from, the new all singing all dancing version then can be adopted by the people who love to try things out,  then as this gets to the end of its natural path, they close it as the next " Stable version"   and so on.  

all i see here is one huge developing mess, getting ever worse by the fact that so many components have their own firmware, that are all progressing at different rates, and there doesnt appear to be one "stable version " anywhere amongst it,  and made worse by the fact that some can get it to work sometimes but not all the time, leaving many nervous pilots out there !     

if i am incorrect i will happily try to understand,    but unless told different,    DJI,  PLEASE WAKE UP,  Make some stable versions for those that use these devices to go to work on each day !   i have now got to disconnect my tablet from the internet as i cant afford, people playing with a new whistle or bell to blow the actual reliabilty of my craft.  

or am i the only one who sees it this way ?   
2016-11-29
Use props
hungdang
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4931706 ft
  • >>>
Australia

MikeQView Posted at 2016-11-30 08:23
Can some one please shine a light on this for me to understand,  i am relatively new to the DJI camp ...

Me too, I have stopped update my inspire 1 and phantom 4, new devices coming out so I don't trust the update for OLD devices anymore.
Lucky I did not update the app for my phantom 2 vision +, lot of people have their phantom 2 problem after updated.
2016-11-29
Use props
Naza-PA
lvl.2

United States

Mine arrived yesterday (ordered on Oct 1, 2016) and it has all latest firmware on the remote and the bird. No need to update. I noticed it suggested to update bird initially, but after refresh it did not suggest update again as it was already on the latest version.
2016-11-29
Use props
Cymon66
lvl.2
  • >>>
United Kingdom

npole Posted at 2016-10-21 12:28
Anyone got the Combo (not just the Mav) shipped yet in Europe? I only see the drone only confirmatio ...

Ive had mine for 3 weeks ...
2016-11-29
Use props
fans28a16b33
lvl.2
Flight distance : 526060 ft
United States

Ran the new firmware, stalled at 99 % said could not update register then after restart camera view in DJI app is now in a permanent disconnect status. Any ideas??
2016-11-30
Use props
ERIC,M
lvl.1

United Kingdom

DJ-THOR
thanks for your text on
Mavic Pro Release Notes

Date : 2016.11.09
Firmware : v01.02.0900
DJI GO App iOS : v3.0.2
DJI GO App Android : v3.0.1   However i dont seem to be able to down load DJI.GOapp on to my ipad  (just comes up with (Cannot download) (this appis not compatible with your device IPad 9.3.1!!
2016-11-30
Use props
MikeQView
lvl.4
United Kingdom

DJI,  as each of your aircraft are so different,  why not seperate off the Go App ,  for each individual model, ( Go Inspire1,  Go Mavic, Go phantom 3,  etc etc)  that way all the unwanted code can be stripped away,   and each DJI team/craft have there own software that can be tailored exactly to the crafts technology level and hardware, it will then be that each model will carry the features that it uses and there will be no unwanted or unused parts that can interfer with a lesser model surely keeping the software at its fastest too,  customers can then  load the apps they have aircraft for and be more sure it will behave ,  debugging from your end would surely be far easier too ??
2016-12-1
Use props
jayh410
lvl.4
Flight distance : 11266 ft
United States

MikeQView Posted at 2016-12-1 04:39
DJI,  as each of your aircraft are so different,  why not seperate off the Go App ,  for each indivi ...

That will probably never happen.  The complexities of source code control is hard enough when you're working on one stream.  If you split it up into several different streams it's practically an exponential increase in complexity.

2016-12-2
Use props
Gary Mac
lvl.4
Flight distance : 829885 ft
United States

Any recent issues/advice/thoughts on doing the firmware upgrade on a newly received Mavic?  Anyone running DJI Go 4 AND the newest firmware?  What are your results?  Does the DJI Go 4 app FORCE an upgrade?

Thanks in advance!
2016-12-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules