New Inspire 2 Firmware Released (09/09/2020)
20743 102 2020-9-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
LEONIDAS GREECE
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5270591 ft
  • >>>
Greece

HeliPOV Posted at 12-1 09:10
Had it on pretty much every flight, kicked in before I even got up to top speed sometimes. Did it when batteries were full, and on new and more used batteries. Tried it on three different Inspire 2s and had the same issue on all. Ended up downloading some software to roll back to the last firmware and the issue has gone now!

82#
In which firmware you be now and in which firmware you had the problem ,with the  top speed ?
2020-12-5
Use props
ToscanaDrone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 13833304 ft
  • >>>
Italy

After much testing I can confirm that this update is catastrophic and my Inspire 2 has become a dangerous drone.
Every time I turn on the drone I have to do the Compass Calibration. The Z7 no longer has a level horizon and drifts all the time.
But the most idiotic thing is battery management. I was flying in a light wind but I couldn't go home because the power was drastically decreased. I had to make an emergency landing more than 500 from the starting point with danger for people and the drone. If something happened, if I hurt people what did I say? Is it DJI's fault that it has stupid engineers?
With this update DJI has once again proved a company of idiots.
And the fact that no moderator replies to these problems that many are manifesting is ridiculous!
2020-12-8
Use props
Nirmal John Benny
lvl.2

Kuwait

Thanks for the Info !!
2020-12-10
Use props
ToscanaDrone
Second Officer
  • >>>
Italy

After causing all these problems the silence from DJI is embarrassing!
2020-12-22
Use props
Rob W
Second Officer
Flight distance : 96152 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

ToscanaDrone Posted at 12-22 06:45
After causing all these problems the silence from DJI is embarrassing!

The users have the choice of two horrible firmwares... I've written to support about this.

The .300 firmware is dangerous because an inaccurate battery level calculation (see DJI's release notes in the first post). And this .500 firmware is also dangerous as the power throttle seems to set in in even light winds.

The answer from support was that the engineers have forwarded my concern to the R&D department to further review as a case possible for the next firmware update/product enhancement.
2020-12-22
Use props
ToscanaDrone
Second Officer
  • >>>
Italy

Rob W Posted at 12-22 07:08
The users have the choice of two horrible firmwares... I've written to support about this.

The .300 firmware is dangerous because an inaccurate battery level calculation (see DJI's release notes in the first post). And this .500 firmware is also dangerous as the power throttle seems to set in in even light winds.

It is the same "copy and paste" answer that the staff gives to any problem and that promptly ends up in oblivion! ...worst assistance ever.
2020-12-23
Use props
Rob W
Second Officer
  • >>>
Sweden

ToscanaDrone Posted at 12-23 02:14
It is the same "copy and paste" answer that the staff gives to any problem and that promptly ends up in oblivion! ...worst assistance ever.

Yes, I know. I wrote an e-mail support ticket, and the person who answered did not even read my mail. The person wrote back questions that was unrelated to what I wrote.

Just now I got a survey mail back, so I answered that.

The support for the Inspire series is horrible.
2020-12-23
Use props
Image Factory
lvl.2
Flight distance : 12114977 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Image Factory Posted at 10-31 03:27
I flew my Inspire 2 [for work] in wind recently and the propulsion limiter kicked in, I had very little control over the drone. Can you please advise when this bug will be fixed?

Still no update to the firmware and crickets chirping from DJI.
2020-12-31
Use props
BoosterBC
lvl.1
Flight distance : 520981 ft
  • >>>
Poland

can anyone downgrade in DJi Assistant2 firmware to 0400?
2021-1-7
Use props
ToscanaDrone
Second Officer
  • >>>
Italy

BoosterBC Posted at 1-7 16:45
can anyone downgrade in DJi Assistant2 firmware to 0400?

Yesterday I downgraded to V01.02.0400 (same as .300). Today I will do some test.
The .500 is dangerous and should be withdrawn
2021-1-8
Use props
LEONIDAS GREECE
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5270591 ft
  • >>>
Greece

In my inspire2 with fw .500 and tb50 with last fw too,when try to start the motor, saying a battery was cold and to warm to 15 degrees before use,and a message cannot take off in the screen of dji go4 ,but same time the into batteries menu ,said 20 and more degrees.
2021-1-17
Use props
Sisam
New

South Korea

Are there any discounts?
2021-1-29
Use props
airpix.fi/en
lvl.3
Flight distance : 427346 ft
  • >>>
Finland

My Inspire 2 was updated to .0500 fw when it was serviced. Now I cant access  Cine EI mode or change the codec or  change between MP4 and mov on the SD card. Is this another ”improvement” by DJI?
2021-2-8
Use props
CloudVisual
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 97545420 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I thought I'd check back in here to see if DJI had bothered to address the dangerous issues, but no. Seriously out of order by DJI to do this and not take corrective measures.
2021-2-16
Use props
Killboydotcom
lvl.2
Flight distance : 346883 ft
  • >>>
United States

HEY DJI!  FIX YOUR FIRMWARE!
pic2.jpg

pic1.jpg

2021-2-16
Use props
blakekimmel
lvl.1
United States

What is the latest on this? Having some camera connection issues and first instinct was to update firmware but now I am reading the horror stories. I am on aircraft firmware 01.02.0300... Can I upgrage to .0400 with little concern? Or should I avoid?
2021-5-4
Use props
ScooterC5
lvl.4
Flight distance : 435052 ft
  • >>>
United States

Kubik Posted at 2020-10-9 14:42
If you replace the lens during operation instead of OLY, the shot is clear without shaking. Just another "help" from DJI. Everyone certainly thanks.

Are you saying 'hot swapping' an OLY lens with the Laowa 7.5mm while power is on, will eliminate the wobble issue with the Laowa lens?
2021-7-2
Use props
ScooterC5
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Kubik Posted at 2020-10-9 14:42
If you replace the lens during operation instead of OLY, the shot is clear without shaking. Just another "help" from DJI. Everyone certainly thanks.

Are you saying 'hot swapping' an OLY lens with the Laowa 7.5mm while power is on, will eliminate the wobble issue with the Laowa lens?
2021-7-2
Use props
ScooterC5
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

4420 Posted at 2020-10-7 06:56
On the new .500 FW for the Inspire 2 and X5S, I have a shake/wobble on the gimbal roll axis with the Laowa 7.5mm Ultralight lens. At 150g it’s slightly heavier than other approved lenses.  Replacing the gimbal dampers reduced it somewhat but video is still unusable. A cold IMU calibration and compass calibration had no effect. The DJI 15mm, Oly 25mm and Oly 45mm lenses are rock steady on the new FW as was the Laowa on previous FW. The release notes specifically address changes to gimbal roll control. Any suggestions would be helpful.

I have this same problem. I even rolled back to .0400 firmware and the wobble is still there. Did you ever find a solution for this? Someone mentioned hot swapping an approved lens with the Laowa would solve this. My method is simply to wait 40 seconds after power on with the Laowa 7.5mm and it eventually is recognized. I'm wondering if hot swapping would really fix the wobble issue...
2021-7-2
Use props
Rob W
Second Officer
  • >>>
Sweden

I've written a dozen or so e-mails to support regarding the unsafe/buggy .500 firmware over the course of a few months. At one point support wrote they took it to the devs so they could start looking at/work on an update. Today I got a mail that the .500 firmware can fly normally with the Inspire 2. I sent links posts here in this thread and other threads with the issues the .500 firmware has, but either they did not read them or they just plain ignore the issues.

I have not dared installed the .500 firmware due to all issues people has with it, and I written that in my support e-mails countless times. Yet they still ask that I should send logs. So, basically they want me to install a buggy and dangerous firmware (breaking EU regulations about flying safe) so I can fly and experience the issues, potentially crash my drone (in worst case it could hurt property, animals or people), so they can investigate this buggy firmware...
2021-7-15
Use props
CoopInTX
lvl.1

United States

Had a perfectly functioning Inspire 2 before the update. Now I have a firmware mismatch and camera error. Firmware updatres fail via PC Assistant and Iphone DJI Go4. This is an expensive brick because of terrible firmware and support chat is completely unhelpful. I've sent logs and all sorts of stuff with a supposed fix coming to my inbox. How do I progress this without sending you guys more money than you've already swindled me out of?
2021-8-4
Use props
Rob W
Second Officer
  • >>>
Sweden

DJI support is embarrasing. I've written to them since spring in countless mails about the dangerous .500 and .300 (400) firmwares. I said that I haven't dared to upgrade to .500, but that there certainly is issues with the firmware as many have reported the exact same problems after updating to it.

Yet they just write back their old "copy and paste" mails like they have not even read the mail. Sometimes they want me to send in logs from flying the .500 firmware, sometimes they want me do send in the drone... Embarrasing...
2021-8-7
Use props
FVP
Second Officer
  • >>>
France

Sell it before a crash
2021-8-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules