Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 6260171 ft
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_2pYijmuSzJH4 Posted at 9-5 07:51
I do not believe the FAA database is actually working like I was expecting.  Either the Air 2 is already approved or it fits the REGX the site is looking for.  I just registered my Air 2 on the website and I seriously doubt it is Radio ID ready.. That's our government at work for you.. LOL

2023-9-5
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

djiuser_2pYijmuSzJH4 Posted at 9-3 21:44
Thanks for the reply.  Unfortunately, the point was missed that the drone is showing in the Goggles that the Remote ID is working after connecting my phone and allows me to fly the drone.  It is NOT transmitting the Remote ID information at all..
Again, I repeat.. THE DRONE IS NOT BROADCASTING REMOTE ID.

Thank you for your response. We will coordinate this with our team for further clarification. Please try to connect the DJI FPV via DJI Assistant 2 software and please update/refresh the firmware and check if the issue persists. Please let us know. Thank you.
2023-9-6
Use props
KC-FPV
lvl.2
Flight distance : 169997 ft
United States

djiuser_2pYijmuSzJH4 Posted at 9-3 21:44
Thanks for the reply.  Unfortunately, the point was missed that the drone is showing in the Goggles that the Remote ID is working after connecting my phone and allows me to fly the drone.  It is NOT transmitting the Remote ID information at all..
Again, I repeat.. THE DRONE IS NOT BROADCASTING REMOTE ID.

After testing, I found the same thing, the drone is not broadcasting Remote ID.  Is DJI going to change or update anything in the firmware to allow the user to be 100% sure they are compliant with Remote ID?  Also allow us to see the Remote ID #?  (Remote ID is delayed now, but it IS coming)
2023-9-8
Use props
djiuser_2pYijmuSzJH4
lvl.2
Flight distance : 12051 ft
United States

I'd like to clear up a previous questions.  
When:
1> A UAV is verified Remote ID complaint
2> A UAV is reporting 'Remote ID functionally Operational'
Then:
It must be broadcasting.  There is no requirement that it informs you of this because if It is compliant, operational and reports all preflight checks have passed then, by compliance, it must broadcast and no person or automation is allowed to disable it's broadcast.  It's like Breathing.. If you are alive, I can guarantee that your heart it pumping blood and you are breathing oxygen because without those two things for more than a few minutes, you would not be alive.  The UAV saying Radio ID is operational is exactly the same thing.
2023-9-9
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_2pYijmuSzJH4 Posted at 9-9 09:57
I'd like to clear up a previous questions.  
When:
1> A UAV is verified Radio ID complaint

Have you been able to verify your FPV + Goggles V2 is breathing and alive?  
2023-9-9
Use props
djiuser_ULM7L4n4d41s
New

United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 8-31 18:55
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. Kindly please note that the firmware upgrade for the DJI FPV drone containing the remote ID compliance will be available by August 31, 2023, at the latest. We will surely let you know once the update is released. Furthermore, please try the serial number lookup option under the FAA Declaration of compliance website. Thank you for your understanding and support.

Ok. Well it's the 8th of Sept and I am still getting the error. I updated the firmware on my Drone. Goggles and Controller and still I get the ID error and have to plug my phone in. Now I hear that the FAA has postponed the requirement indefinitely now but it's coming so how do I fix this? I need my phone for other things.
2023-9-9
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_ULM7L4n4d41s Posted at 9-9 18:33
Ok. Well it's the 8th of Sept and I am still getting the error. I updated the firmware on my Drone. Goggles and Controller and still I get the ID error and have to plug my phone in. Now I hear that the FAA has postponed the requirement indefinitely now but it's coming so how do I fix this? I need my phone for other things.

The FAA has nothing to do with what is happening with your drone with regard to RID.
2023-9-9
Use props
Haz albuquerque NM
lvl.4
Flight distance : 497441 ft
  • >>>
United States

The Saint Posted at 9-4 13:09
Correct. Unless the propellers are spinning, not likely a standard RID drone will be transmitting.

Thanks that was the trick. I started the motors and was able to see my fpv drone in Drone scanner app.
2023-9-10
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Ok. Well it's the 8th of Sept and I am still getting the error. I updated the firmware on my Drone. Goggles and Controller and still I get the ID error and have to plug my phone in. Now I hear that the FAA has postponed the requirement indefinitely now but it's coming so how do I fix this? I need my phone for other things.

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. Can you please take a screenshot of the error message and send it to us? Thank you.
2023-9-10
Use props
djiuser_2pYijmuSzJH4
lvl.2
United States

The Saint Posted at 9-9 11:29
Have you been able to verify your FPV + Goggles V2 is breathing and alive?

I have flown with my Integra goggles and I didn't have any issues with bitrate dropping.  I was up over 150 feet without any issues.  My Integra goggles signal so strong that if I use them with the emulator, it disrupts wi-fi in my office.  I will go to the park I usually fly and take it as far as I can visually see and let you know if the problem still exists.  I measured it to be about 1500 feet via google earth.
2023-9-11
Use props
djiuser_2pYijmuSzJH4
lvl.2
United States

With the Goggles 2, it does not have GPS built in like the Integra goggles so you will need your phone connected to update your position as part of the Remote ID requirement. It has to update as you are flying so if you are moving in a vehicle, it will be reported.
2023-9-11
Use props
KC-FPV
lvl.2
United States

Haz albuquerque NM Posted at 9-10 18:06
Thanks that was the trick. I started the motors and was able to see my fpv drone in Drone scanner app.

Interesting this worked for you; I tested this out with the Drone Scanner App, but with the drone in the air I still wasn't seeing anything on Drone Scanner.  
2023-9-17
Use props
A1C
Second Officer
Flight distance : 40909 ft
  • >>>
United States

KC-FPV Posted at 9-17 16:25
Interesting this worked for you; I tested this out with the Drone Scanner App, but with the drone in the air I still wasn't seeing anything on Drone Scanner.

Not sure if you mentioned this somewhere else, but are you trying to use drone scanner with an iPhone?  Apple puts security limitations on apps using wifi so I believe you will only see BT rid modules if at all.

I was able to verify this with the Avata.  My iPhone does not show it, but my Pixel7 does.
2023-9-18
Use props
Haz albuquerque NM
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

KC-FPV Posted at 9-17 16:25
Interesting this worked for you; I tested this out with the Drone Scanner App, but with the drone in the air I still wasn't seeing anything on Drone Scanner.

Do you have the dji goggles integra ? Thats what i used.
Screenshot_20230910_192102.jpg
2023-9-18
Use props
KC-FPV
lvl.2
United States

I only have the Goggles V2, but I am connecting my phone and it DOES have the bluetooth setting enabled

2023-9-18
Use props
Haz albuquerque NM
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

KC-FPV Posted at 9-18 10:28
I only have the Goggles V2, but I am connecting my phone and it DOES have the bluetooth setting enabled

[view_image]

I also have a pair of the Goggles V2 i will try it with them and my phone when i get a chance.
2023-9-18
Use props
djiuser_fM1N4mTYqApv
New
Flight distance : 19121 ft
United States

This has been a ride y'all. Thanks for all the information. Literally just bought a DJI FPV drone 3 days ago and didn't know any of this existed. I saw Remote ID Error on my goggles V2's until I contacted my phone, but was curious what the RID # was so i can register my drone. I'mma try what this person said.
2023-9-20
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_fM1N4mTYqApv Posted at 9-20 13:28
This has been a ride y'all. Thanks for all the information. Literally just bought a DJI FPV drone 3 days ago and didn't know any of this existed. I saw Remote ID Error on my goggles V2's until I contacted my phone, but was curious what the RID # was so i can register my drone. I'mma try what this person said.

Hi there. You can also find the remote ID and confirm that it's working by checking the “Available networks” of the WLAN. Start the motors, then use the WLAN of your cell phone or tablet to scan the Remote ID serial number broadcast by the drone at a location close to the drone, if you can see a string always prefixed with “RID-” followed by a 20-digit alphanumeric Remote ID serial number in the "Available networks", it means that the Remote ID is broadcast properly. Have a great day ahead.
2023-9-21
Use props
DKGPST
lvl.2
China

KC-FPV Posted at 9-18 10:28
I only have the Goggles V2, but I am connecting my phone and it DOES have the bluetooth setting enabled

[view_image]

You should use an Android phone, Apple do not support scanning RID that work in WIFI mode
2023-9-28
Use props
DKGPST
lvl.2
China

djiuser_fM1N4mTYqApv Posted at 9-20 13:28
This has been a ride y'all. Thanks for all the information. Literally just bought a DJI FPV drone 3 days ago and didn't know any of this existed. I saw Remote ID Error on my goggles V2's until I contacted my phone, but was curious what the RID # was so i can register my drone. I'mma try what this person said.

The FPV's 20 characters RID SN is 1581F + flight control SN + 0 (the number 0 not the letter O)
2023-9-28
Use props
bugalugs2337
New
Flight distance : 2953 ft

United States

DKGPST Posted at 9-28 02:23
The FPV's 20 characters RID SN is 1581F + flight control SN + 0 (the number 0 not the letter O)

This just worked for me a few minutes ago! Tried starting motors, then tried hovering and for a few very brief moments saw the RID-xxxxxx as an available network on my ipad. Couldn't replicate it after that one time. Took a screenshot though and it follows the format @DKGPST said: 1581F + flight controller SN + 0 and the FAA accepted it. Thank you!!
2023-9-30
Use props
Steele702
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 3876775 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hey folks! Just a quick note here since a few of you expressed (rightfully) frustrations with RID. I wanted to share a possible “solution” that’s been circulating the home-built FPV community. And that is; the weight limit (250g) needs to be raised. This obviously is a topic that warrants its own thread, but as a quick nudge to all of you, send an email to your state representative. I know that sounds as futile as our government, but it’s definitely a start until something more organized get rolling. Suffice to say, I think you all can imagine the immense and immediate benefits that would bring. That’s it for my unsolicited PSA! Happy flying everyone.
2023-10-1
Use props
wolfwater69
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1685472 ft
  • >>>
United States

Yeh, I updated my software and it wont take off unless you connect your smartphone to the goggles hardwire.
2023-10-2
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Steele702 Posted at 10-1 23:06
Hey folks! Just a quick note here since a few of you expressed (rightfully) frustrations with RID. I wanted to share a possible “solution” that’s been circulating the home-built FPV community. And that is; the weight limit (250g) needs to be raised. This obviously is a topic that warrants its own thread, but as a quick nudge to all of you, send an email to your state representative. I know that sounds as futile as our government, but it’s definitely a start until something more organized get rolling. Suffice to say, I think you all can imagine the immense and immediate benefits that would bring. That’s it for my unsolicited PSA! Happy flying everyone.

old topic and has been talked about (raising to 300) for quite some time.   not really an fpv issue.

would be nice but i don't think it solves anything except if you're trying to find a legal reason to add a couple million more drones to the list of drones that don't need to comply with rid.  the faa goal is to ADD not SUBTRACT.  that's why they insist on not grandfathering a bunch of ancient drones from the 2010s.
2023-10-2
Use props
KC-FPV
lvl.2
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 9-21 01:32
Hi there. You can also find the remote ID and confirm that it's working by checking the “Available networks” of the WLAN. Start the motors, then use the WLAN of your cell phone or tablet to scan the Remote ID serial number broadcast by the drone at a location close to the drone, if you can see a string always prefixed with “RID-” followed by a 20-digit alphanumeric Remote ID serial number in the "Available networks", it means that the Remote ID is broadcast properly. Have a great day ahead.

THANK YOU!  This is what I was looking for.  Tested with my Android and IOS devices and BOTH worked.  Both are sending out the RID identifier.  I think the signal is "Best effort" if I'm not mistaken, but this at least means I can continue flying this drone without issue.  Thank you
2023-10-2
Use props
fanseff020ce
lvl.1

United States

I did it Today on the dji Assistant 2 [dji FPV Series]
2023-10-2
Use props
wolfwater69
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1685472 ft
  • >>>
United States

Haz albuquerque NM Posted at 8-31 13:14
If you use the goggles integra you don't need your phone. I was also able to register my fpv drone on the faa site.

Why am I getting an error when entering the remote controller serial number for RID?
2023-10-2
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

KC-FPV Posted at 10-2 10:38
THANK YOU!  This is what I was looking for.  Tested with my Android and IOS devices and BOTH worked.  Both are sending out the RID identifier.  I think the signal is "Best effort" if I'm not mistaken, but this at least means I can continue flying this drone without issue.  Thank you

Awesome. I'm glad to know it helped you. Please reach back if you need further assistance. Have a great day ahead.
2023-10-2
Use props
Haz albuquerque NM
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

wolfwater69 Posted at 10-2 15:36
Why am I getting an error when entering the remote controller serial number for RID?[view_image]

You are missing some  digits 1581F . The 1st 5 digits
2023-10-4
Use props
djiuser_YM0wavk7MhnE
New
Flight distance : 92438 ft
United States

I have a DJI fpv also. The update came out in September but I'm not very happy with it. I now have to have my cell attached to the goggles just to take off. Once airborne l can unplug the phone and keep flying but the remote id failure message blinks and it drives me nuts. Anyone have any input? Is it just my drone or do all DJI FPVs have this problem?
2023-10-5
Use props
DKGPST
lvl.2
China

wolfwater69 Posted at 10-2 15:36
Why am I getting an error when entering the remote controller serial number for RID?[view_image]

Your RID SN should be 1581F37QBH9N00100G00
2023-10-6
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_YM0wavk7MhnE Posted at 10-5 16:20
I have a DJI fpv also. The update came out in September but I'm not very happy with it. I now have to have my cell attached to the goggles just to take off. Once airborne l can unplug the phone and keep flying but the remote id failure message blinks and it drives me nuts. Anyone have any input? Is it just my drone or do all DJI FPVs have this problem?

Hello there. Sorry about the inconvenience. Since the Goggles 2 and the Goggles V2 do not have a built-in GPS module, they need help from your phone to get your location. It is to support FAA RID requirements. Goggles Integra on the other hand does not need a phone to work since it already has a GPS capability. Thank you for understanding.
2023-10-6
Use props
djiuser_8SShWSOTqF85
New

United States

Updated my fpv now doesn't work goggles say remote id error connected goggles to phone still nothing
2023-10-7
Use props
djiuser_8SShWSOTqF85
New

United States

Please give me my old drone firmware so I can at least use my $1000 drone ..... thanks
2023-10-7
Use props
djiuser_8SShWSOTqF85
New

United States

Plugged into phone says it's connected but still does not work.

Thanks DJI
2023-10-7
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_8SShWSOTqF85 Posted at 10-7 12:15
Updated my fpv now doesn't work goggles say remote id error connected goggles to phone still nothing

Hello there. Please make sure the location permission has been enabled for the mobile device and the app. It should allow the DJI Fly to obtain the location information and also needs to ensure that the DJI Fly app runs in the foreground. Thank you.
2023-10-8
Use props
djiuser_2pYijmuSzJH4
lvl.2
United States

DKGPST Posted at 10-6 18:08
Your RID SN should be 1581F37QBH9N00100G00

FYI: (FROM THE FAA): Until DJI submits a DOC for the drone and it is shown on public website, your drone is not in compliance even if the FAA website accepts your registration and it is transmitting RemoteID correctly and technically compliant. No DOC = NOT COMPLIANT. (period).  The March date is not a 'delayed compliance' date (again from the FAA), it is a grace period that doesn't mean they will not enforce the Remove ID requirements, it just means when you are challenged, they will work with you to become compliant instead of infractions, fines, etc.  ALL Remote ID rules are in force today.

One thing to remember, Don't fly in areas that are questionable or restricted, not fly reckless or over people and you will stay off the FAA's radar.  
REF: 1 hour+ interview with the FAA director on YouTube, search for it.
2023-11-6
Use props
djiuser_ZegE5H8AFEtU
New

United States

I had success getting my FPV drone (purchased in the spring of 2022) to transmit Remote ID today. What I observed was similar in this thread:

1. the googles had to be connected to my phone and the DJI Fly app running in the foreground for the Remote ID to be ready
  2. Remote ID transmission only happened once the motors spun up and the drone took off... verified with a scanning app on another device.
2023-11-16
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_ZegE5H8AFEtU Posted at 11-16 07:22
I had success getting my FPV drone (purchased in the spring of 2022) to transmit Remote ID today. What I observed was similar in this thread:

1. the googles had to be connected to my phone and the DJI Fly app running in the foreground for the Remote ID to be ready

Hi there. That is correct. Also after taking off, you can disconnect the mobile device and wear the goggles to fly. If the user unplugs the phone when the motor starts but the drone does not leave the ground yet, it will still stop the propellers/motors. Only after taking off, you can remove the mobile device. Have a nice day.
2023-11-17
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

From the FAA legal point of view (for those that are interested), the law says once the pilot is notified and aware that RID is not functioning properly or malfunctions, you must land the aircraft.  Just throwing that out there for anyone who might think there is a loophole.  Oh, and yeah, the DJI FPV does not have a valid FAA RID DoC so there's that too.  Doesn't need to be addressed today, but soon.
2023-11-17
Use props
1234Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules