Mavic Shipping Update (02/17/2017)
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
START
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Listen people you shouldnt bother asking for updates on your order because we have all seen DJI isnt giving any. Theres no need to ask Ken, ask their chat, call them or email them, there are no updates as to when you will get your order whether you paid on the 28th Sept or 5th December.

Its a mad scramble for when you get it so theres no reason questioning why logically you have been waiting 60 days whilst joe blogs has only wait 1 hour before his ships.

Also its anticpate it shipping at the end of Jan so if you have any holidays before then.... forget taking a Mavic.

(sorry to burst bubbles)
2016-12-5
Use props
YjWH9fPVGpcg
lvl.2
Flight distance : 196834 ft
Portugal

Ordered a set of filters for the Mavic from Polar Pro on the 28 of November. They are arrinving tomorrow. As for the drone I'm now reaching the 2 months of waiting.
2016-12-5
Use props
Solon101
lvl.2

United States

this is really dum DJI Ken. DJI has  orders just shipping out randomly.  {:4_142:}
2016-12-5
Use props
shardwick
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Bart - Mavic (p Posted at 2016-12-5 13:51
Tomorrow I will have my small anniversary - as my order was placed on 6th October - so it will be 2 months for me - or maybe DJI will surprise me in the morning with shipping notice (i don't think so anyway) what a disappointment it is.

Same here. I'm not holding my breath though. I don't see any evidence of Mavics reaching the UK though. Somvery frustrating ans completelt unavoidabke with a bit of common courtesy from DJI.
2016-12-5
Use props
shardwick
lvl.1

United Kingdom

shardwick Posted at 2016-12-5 18:30
Same here. I'm not holding my breath though. I don't see any evidence of Mavics reaching the UK though. Somvery frustrating ans completelt unavoidabke with a bit of common courtesy from DJI.

Sorry for appalling spelling! DJI website not very ipad friendly and i can barely see what i am typing... , my fingers not very keyboard friendly either.
2016-12-5
Use props
VisualAltitude
Second Officer
Flight distance : 43914 ft
Sweden

In the end of last week I called my reseller in hop of getting some update on my sep 29 Mavic order.
But they still didn't have any information from DJI and therefore more or less told me not to expect any delivery this year...
Sad and dissapointed i almost canceled my order, but desided to hang on a few more weeks.

Then, just a few hours after my call I get an email telling me that my Mavic is going to be shipped later that day!!!
Today I finaly received it.
It looks and feels amazing, i cannot wait to try it out.
Unfortunatly it's to windy to make any test flight today, but as soom the weather allows i will give it a try.

If DJI only could communicate a bit better it would save a lot of people some unnecessary frustration.
2016-12-5
Use props
Guntert
lvl.2
Flight distance : 766260 ft
United States

My mavic pro was suppose to be here wed but I got a ring at the door and dogs baeking so I went to check the door (not even comply dressed or even away. There was Fedex with my mavic! Everything is charging and finishing rest of day I will be posting unboxing on Facebook later today. it is squadron multirotor Re Pilots. Its a great site and they are very helpful
2016-12-5
Use props
Solon101
lvl.2

United States

What number did you call VisualAltitude and I do agree with you just a little communication would be helpful but also maybe delivering products on a first come first serve basis would also help with the frustration. I would imagine after this whole deal there is a lot of people waiting for a decent drone company to come out. so they can leave this crappy company behind. Just to show them that treating your customers like they don't matter really does count for something.
2016-12-5
Use props
RGB7
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1083402 ft
United Kingdom

ordered on the 8th of november and was told via chat today that my combo will be shipping on the 13th of this month... fingers crossed!
2016-12-5
Use props
z4k4tt4ck
lvl.3
Flight distance : 535 ft
Australia

Heavysledz Posted at 2016-12-6 03:20
Patiently waiting as I didn't order mine until after Thanksgiving (11/25) and don't expect it until around the end of January. But it does make you wonder how some people are getting theirs in 2-3 weeks and others are now at 8+ weeks and still waiting. The only thing I can think of is that the 3rd party resellers like NewEgg must have had bulk orders in before the consumer purchased from them so in theory, theirs was already on order so the clock started days/weeks/months before they placed their order.

Lol whats to think about ? Ofcourse thats clearly the case.... But still tears will flow
2016-12-5
Use props
Chriscycling
lvl.3
United Kingdom

First post on here so be gentle with me !!!.

So I pre ordered a Mavic combo on 7th October from a local dealer and after speaking to them today they expect one or two in the next week so fingers crossed

What I thought was really annoying was at the UK drone show at the weekend DJI were selling Mavics over the counter on the Saturday morning - apparently they sold around 20 in the first 5 mins.

Most of these I think have ended up on EBay at extortionate prices

2016-12-5
Use props
charlesbcraig
lvl.1

United States

Ladies and gentlemen, it has arrived...
Ordered from Best Buy on Oct. 24th! I guess I can cancel my Amazon order now!

DJI Mavic Pro

DJI Mavic Pro
2016-12-5
Use props
Solon101
lvl.2

United States

Awesome man. I'm super happy for you man. I guess I should of ordered through Best Buy
2016-12-5
Use props
staffsarge
lvl.2
United Kingdom

charlesbcraig Posted at 2016-12-5 20:14
Ladies and gentlemen, it has arrived...
Ordered from Best Buy on Oct. 24th! I guess I can cancel my Amazon order now!

So jelly!  Looks awesome!!

2016-12-5
Use props
staffsarge
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Chriscycling Posted at 2016-12-5 19:45

So I pre ordered a Mavic combo on 7th October from a local dealer and after speaking to them today they expect one or two in the next week so fingers crossed

You're joking!?!?  Did you enquire as to where they got their stock from?  I didn't bother going as I didn't think for a minute they'd have anything.  Damn!

2016-12-5
Use props
Mark1971
lvl.2
Flight distance : 95725 ft
United Kingdom

RGB7 Posted at 2016-12-5 19:13
ordered on the 8th of november and was told via chat today that my combo will be shipping on the 13th of this month... fingers crossed!

That's interesting as I too ordered mine on 8th November... they haven't taken the money from my credit card yet... just says authorised... hope mine would be on the same timescale then.. good luck if true
2016-12-5
Use props
Woodwanger
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Chriscycling Posted at 2016-12-5 19:45

That just about sums it all up!
2016-12-5
Use props
Woodwanger
lvl.4
United Kingdom

RGB7 Posted at 2016-12-5 19:13

You do mean the 8th of Oct not Nov?
2016-12-5
Use props
sus1212
lvl.1
United States

Mine came today!!
2016-12-5
Use props
Solon101
lvl.2

United States

I honestly think it doesn't matter when you ordered your Mavic Pro to DJI. They just seem to be punch them out randomly. There was a customer that ordered December 2 and had it shipped out December 3. Here's the spreadsheet that shows it

http://www.dronehome.io/dji_track/orders/recenthttp://www.dronehome.io/dji_track/orders/recent
2016-12-5
Use props
Solon101
lvl.2

United States

Sweet sus1212 when did you order yours
2016-12-5
Use props
VsRqAae5bgAu
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Many from UK receive their orders yet?
2016-12-5
Use props
Error404
lvl.2

United Kingdom

VsRqAae5bgAu Posted at 2016-12-5 23:40
Many from UK receive their orders yet?

don't think so.. Maybe "Brexit" just erased UK from Chinese maps..
2016-12-5
Use props
M
New

Australia

I ordered from Harvey Norman here in AU when they first announced they would sell them (which was, admittedly, late in the overall game) and I was told at that stage that I was the first in their system to order the Fly More combo.
So since that date they have not received a single fly more unit from their supplier - apparently... so it's tough all over it seems...
2016-12-5
Use props
jakacspear
lvl.1
Australia

Ordered direct from DJI on 8th of October, still haven't heard a thing. Any Aussies order in October received theirs yet?
2016-12-5
Use props
fans231cf598
lvl.1

United States

Newegg & Apple can put massive pressure onto DJI to process their orders. It looks as if DJI is allocating most of their orders to Newegg & Apple rather to their own customers, I know for a fact Apple will not buy anything if they do not get at least 30% off. We are paying top dollar and last in line!
2016-12-5
Use props
Sierra118
lvl.1

Singapore

I not sure about this. It seem that those who ordered only the mavic pro set in the Asia Pacific region are deliberately left out
2016-12-5
Use props
Randika
lvl.1

Australia

jakacspear Posted at 2016-12-6 11:43
Ordered direct from DJI on 8th of October, still haven't heard a thing. Any Aussies order in October received theirs yet?

I am from Melbourne and I ordered mine on 11 th of October and no luck yet
2016-12-5
Use props
M Stuart K
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1329629 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have been following this thread for days now as I await the shipment of the Mavic bundle that I ordered on 10-22-16.  I was really willing to wait it out until some research led me to a post concerning the issues of the Mavic shooting poor video when using 1080P 60fps.  I kept reading posts all over the place and they all said the same thing, which basically states that the Mavic does not have the same camera that I have on my P4.  Not for the sake of argument but 1080P 60fps is my go-to setting on my P4 and it shoots great video at 1080P 60fps and I do not have any intentions of going backwards in video quality regardless of the compactness of the Mavic.  After all; it is a camera drone and not something I intend to just fly around just to be flying.  I just canceled my order and will just have to pack my P4 like I have been doing.  Maybe the Mavic 2 will at least match the video quality of the P4.  I am a bit put off that this is not a well known limitition.  First the delayed shipping and now I learn that it has an inferior camera than my P4.  Looks like some bad business practices for the Mavic and a signal that this might not be the drone to own!
2016-12-5
Use props
Dasm6tPRI5iL
lvl.2

Australia

jakacspear Posted at 2016-12-6 08:43

Ordered mavic only, Dji direct, Oct 3rd from Australia, still waiting...

Have only seen one order ship to Australia since Nov 15!
2016-12-5
Use props
chester
lvl.1

United States

M Stuart K Posted at 2016-12-5 20:12
I have been following this thread for days now as I await the shipment of the Mavic bundle that I ordered on 10-22-16.  I was really willing to wait it out until some research led me to a post concerning the issues of the Mavic shooting poor video when using 1080P 60fps.  I kept reading posts all over the place and they all said the same thing, which basically states that the Mavic does not have the same camera that I have on my P4.  Not for the sake of argument but 1080P 60fps is my go-to setting on my P4 and it shoots great video at 1080P 60fps and I do not have any intentions of going backwards in video quality regardless of the compactness of the Mavic.  After all; it is a camera drone and not something I intend to just fly around just to be flying.  I just canceled my order and will just have to pack my P4 like I have been doing.  Maybe the Mavic 2 will at least match the video quality of the P4.  I am a bit put off that this is not a well known limitition.  First the delayed shipping and now I learn that it has an inferior camera than my P4.  Looks like some bad business practices for the Mavic and a signal that this might not be the drone to own!

It's possible that they did not tap the screen to sharpen/focus the image as has been pointed out recently as the cause of lesser picture quality.
2016-12-5
Use props
RGB7
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Mark1971 Posted at 2016-12-5 21:07
That's interesting as I too ordered mine on 8th November... they haven't taken the money from my credit card yet... just says authorised... hope mine would be on the same timescale then.. good luck if true

my payment went from authorised to confirmed this morning, and when i asked them on live chat i was told my ordered is scheduled for shipping on the 13th.. hoping that is gonna be the case
2016-12-5
Use props
RGB7
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Woodwanger Posted at 2016-12-5 21:10
You do mean the 8th of Oct not Nov?

8th of November
2016-12-5
Use props
jc1764
New

United States

So this is a pretty crazy story.  I ordered my mavic on Oct 12th from Amazon, shipping out from Amazon itself not an amazon vendor.  Nearly two months go by and just a bunch of delays, you all know the story.  Anyway, I get back on Amazon to do my daily ritual of checking the status of my order and checking the forums and notice that there's one Amazon vendor called RotorLogic out of Los Angeles (authorized DJI rep) and they have three available for immediate shipment.  I got my order in quickly and get a confirmation email then within 10 minutes the other two were gone as well.  I am currently being told I will receive it by the end of this week or Monday at the latest.  What do you guys think?  Maybe I got super lucky and am going to get one?  Given my nearly two month wait, I'm not holding my breath, but maybe I just scored!
2016-12-5
Use props
RatDragonFly
New

Australia

Melbourne here too.
ordered mine on 20th of October - haven`t received it yet...
it seems the people who ordered at DJI`s own store will be the last to be served - there are rumours some resellers (e.g. apple) recently have started catching up with the orders.
I wish I had bought mine from a private reseller, rather than DJI`s store or one of the official resellers - I would have probably had it by now, and for sure I would have paid signifficantly less for it, because of a more 'humane' USD/AUD exchange rates than those at DJI`s store.
extremely disappointed...
2016-12-5
Use props
Fortmac2
lvl.2
Flight distance : 25430 ft
United States

RGB7 Posted at 2016-12-6 03:13

DON'T COUNT ON IT.....MAYBE 13 JAN OR FEB 2017...
2016-12-5
Use props
M Stuart K
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1329629 ft
  • >>>
United States

chester Posted at 2016-12-5 20:52
It's possible that they did not tap the screen to sharpen/focus the image as has been pointed out recently as the cause of lesser picture quality.

Nope: that is not the case; just ask DJI Ken as one of the post were from him and he confirmed with I said earlier about the limitations of the camera.  
2016-12-5
Use props
JulianX4
lvl.2

Hong Kong

TB20Flyer Posted at 2016-12-5 07:27
My company has several factories in China and works with several others.  Factory workers start to head home on Jan 4th.
It is common for factory workers to be gone a month for Chinese New Year.

Not saying you are wrong, it does happen, but that's certainly not the standard everywhere.
Source: I live and work in China since 2010.

My company closes from January 27 and follows the official instruction 100%.
I would bet my Mavic that DJI does the same and potentially even has a shift working through Chinese New Year.
2016-12-5
Use props
fansdf748f70
lvl.1

Malta

my invisible mavic has his birthday today 1 month old since I ordered it and guess what no mavic no cake {:4_154:}
2016-12-5
Use props
Fortmac2
lvl.2
Flight distance : 25430 ft
United States

Hi Ken;
Today I noticed that my Mavic Pro order has been "Shipped".
Would you have any idea how it was shipped and when I can expect delivery? Let me know if you need my order number. I'm hesitant to post it here.
Any input would be appreciated. We are leaving for SE Asia on 12/26/2017. Hopefully I will have the Mavic Pro in hand before we leave.

Thanks

Ron Sleeis

Place Order
Payment Reviewing
Payment Success
Shipped
2016-12-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules