Reseller/Dealer Shipment Watch
23808 336 2016-10-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
XoR
lvl.3
Flight distance : 94738 ft
Romania

I've just seen now, Amazon UK doesn't take any pre-orders for Fly More Combo.
2016-11-7
Use props
NomadRT
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1669012 ft
United States

Just chatted again with Drone World.    They said I should expect my order to push by a week or two.    It was expected by the 16th.     I asked if they were completely on hold till late November and they said no.   They are receiving small batches and should continue to receive larger and larger batches as time goes on.   

So there you have it...   take it with a container ship from China full of salt.
2016-11-7
Use props
boostedford
lvl.4
Flight distance : 144478 ft
United States

I too got an email from e zee electronics about a priority code if i cancel my order now instead or waiting. So i don't understand that so i was thinking of switching to drone world since everyone seems to have ordered from them. However on Amazon when i click on drone worlds bundle it says its sold by yitamotor and not droneworld?? Totally confused. Then i thought I'll just order directly from their site. Then thought if i do that i lose my place in line and will probably have to wait til December. So maybe i should leave things as is. But i still don't understand what e zee means by canceling for a priority code maybe someone can explain that better? Why would i cancel for a code?
2016-11-7
Use props
trance728
lvl.4
Flight distance : 298048 ft
  • >>>

boostedford Posted at 2016-11-8 05:28
I too got an email from e zee electronics about a priority code if i cancel my order now instead or  ...

Probably because Amazon cancels an order if it hasn't shipped within 30 days of when it was supposed to. The priority code would allow you to reorder from them but keep your place in line. At least that's what it sounds like it would be.
2016-11-7
Use props
NomadRT
lvl.4
United States

Still waiting.   No movement.   No word of any reseller shipments moving just from a scan of the forum.   
2016-11-8
Use props
Hpdb301
lvl.1
Flight distance : 58642 ft
United States

purchased from YitaMotor on Amazon on the 14th they have me set to ship between Nov. 18th-Dec. 6.  No updates from Yitamotor and just as vague if not worse than DJI.  I realize they can only give information wise what they have been given.  Even asking questions regarding how many orders were taken through them in front of me was not answered.  The whole situation is really sucking and I've been fairly patient and really looking forward to getting my mavic.  I keep catching myself looking for another, but dang they have the market.    It appears they know it to!
2016-11-8
Use props
Gary Mac
lvl.4
Flight distance : 829885 ft
United States

I ordered from DroneNerds.  Although I was late in the game, I do know from talking to them that they ordered 10K units to cover initial demand and the holidays.  That said, I have no idea if they have received ANY units or begun shipping to their customers.  My order just shows "Backorder", which it has said since I placed my pre-order in mid-October.
2016-11-8
Use props
GromitVT10
lvl.2
Flight distance : 9859 ft
United States

I ordered Oct 3rd from a EBay authorized dealer, originally supposed to get it Nov 8. Then go moved to Dec 10th. So now I wait...
2016-11-8
Use props
brightlights200
lvl.2

Has anyone in the UK had one shiipped from either Amazon or Apple UK yet?
2016-11-8
Use props
nelsonmansfield
lvl.2

brightlights200 Posted at 2016-11-9 08:15
Has anyone in the UK had one shiipped from either Amazon or Apple UK yet?

amazon have moved mine to the don't know date its a joke!
2016-11-8
Use props
boostedford
lvl.4
United States

I just read that dji announced a 2 month delay
2016-11-8
Use props
AYA74
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2002713 ft
  • >>>
Singapore

boostedford Posted at 2016-11-9 14:23

Where did you read that DJI announced further 2 month delay?
2016-11-9
Use props
dana5
lvl.3
Flight distance : 14354 ft
United States

boostedford Posted at 2016-11-9 00:23

If you are talking about the 7 to 8 weeks to clear pre-orders, you need to re-read and understand their statement. It does not mean all orders are delayed.
2016-11-9
Use props
Nexus61779
lvl.2
Flight distance : 22073 ft
United States

If you haven't already, could you take the time to add your order on this page to help us all track the DJI shipments

http://www.dronehome.io/dji_track/orders
2016-11-9
Use props
boostedford
lvl.4
United States

Oh and i read it on Google now
2016-11-9
Use props
Hpdb301
lvl.1
Flight distance : 58642 ft
United States

Received this early this morning...  about a vague as DJI.

Dear customer,
Thank you for your purchase from YITAMOTOR on amazon for DJI Mavic ,Please accept our deepest apologies for delay delivery. we got the latest news from DJI, our supply cycle will be stretched, not only our delayed also Apple and Bestbuy. And we beginning to arrange shippment for customers but the quantity is limited, customers may need to have mental preparation to wait own turn and first come first serve, We will ship the products immediately once DJI release the new products.

If you have any question please don’t hesitate to contact us. Once again, we apologize for the delay,

Sincerely,
Yitamotor

If you had cancelled the order , pls ignore this message, thanks
2016-11-9
Use props
Riotcontrol
lvl.3

Ordered through B&H-
Date: 09/29/2016
Order #: 10411*******
Order Type: WEB
Order Status: On Order

They are completely in the dark and I have seen zero movement on my order.
2016-11-9
Use props
NomadRT
lvl.4
United States

My Mavic has shipped.    Purchased through Drone World on Amazon on September 28th.
2016-11-10
Use props
Jeromeo
lvl.3
Flight distance : 103369 ft
Australia

Is anybody have any news from Any Australian resellers?
2016-11-10
Use props
NomadRT
lvl.4
United States

Forget what I said.   What was shipped to me by Drone World was my apology cheap mini drone and a 15% off coupon for accessories.   

My Mavic is still MIA and they are having to send free crap to make up for DJI's incompetence.
2016-11-12
Use props
NomadRT
lvl.4
United States

Are *any* resellers actually shipping Mavics right now?
2016-11-13
Use props
fansbb5b373a
lvl.1

Italy

NomadRT Posted at 2016-11-13 18:14

seems only maplin in uk..11 mavics

b&h only few mavic..

others i don't know... at this time i think that will be not a long wait, but eternal
2016-11-13
Use props
clarksbrother
lvl.2
Flight distance : 66824 ft
  • >>>
United States

FWIW, it looks like B&H has received at least 10. In another thread (which I cannot find at the moment) someone reported getting their Mavic from B&H and that their box which still contained DJI markings said 1 of 10 (indicating they received 10 units in that particular shipment). They could have received more but who knows. I talked to an official local reseller near me and they said they've been receiving 2 units every other week (so on average, 1 a week). Somewhere along the line, there was rumor that B&H was supposed to have received 540... but I highly doubt that, maybe they ordered that many... but based on the amount of responses, seems quite unlikely.

In another thread on the MavicPilots website forum (searched but can't find it at the moment), someone posted a screenshot from a dealer who reported talking to DJI HQ - in it they reported DJIs manufacturing line had very low yields (100 units a day). Seems AWFULLY low to me so I'm not inclined to necessarily believe it, but could explain why supply has been so constrained. Assume 20,000 preorders and you'd be looking at a 200 day backlog at those rates. Now if they ramped up their supply chain (which in a best case scenario would take a month), they could maybe get to 500 a day, and you'd be looking at a 40 day backlog (assuming no one ordered past that point... which they would). So realistically, I surmise they may have had such low yield rates originally and are working on ramping up additional lines now, but unfortunately that doesn't happen overnight. I think we'll start to see the supply chain really open up towards the end of this month and into December. By Jan/Feb I'm hopeful this will all be just a bad memory.
2016-11-13
Use props
JCB522
lvl.2
Flight distance : 47671 ft
Canada

My friend showed me a screen shot of an email sent by Apple canada. He ordered Oct 15 and the email says "your items have shipped" with tracking and expected Nov 22 we'll see if it actually happens I guess
2016-11-13
Use props
WasabiBread
lvl.3
United States

NomadRT Posted at 2016-11-13 09:14

Posted on another thread from a reseller:

39#
Got the following response from Advexure today.

"Sorry about the slight delay in this response. We had a good call with DJI HQ yesterday evening/early this morning and received from helpful information on production. Unfortunately it’s not the news you may want to hear as there is still uncertainty in exactly when your unit will be able to ship but it definitely helps to provide a bit more insight into the Mavic situation.

Long story short is that the slow fulfillment of the Mavic is going to continue. DJI’s production capacity is very low right now in comparison to the completely overwhelming demand that the Mavic has seen. They are continuing to increase their production capacity but this takes time as they need to ensure high quality is maintained throughout as they scale their production. We will continue to receive sporadic shipments of Mavic units but DJI is currently splitting about 100 Mavic units per day off the production line amongst their worldwide distribution network. This obviously leaves very small allocation numbers each day and they cannot even ship 1 unit to each member of the network each day.

The bottom line is we’re going to be continuing to wait on things. On the plus side, you have a pretty early pre-order so are in a good position. I can guarantee you the people 300 or 400 spots behind you in our pre-order queue would take your spot any day.

We are going to be releasing an official update to ALL pre-order customers by EOD today, much of the information I have provided in this email will be in that update.

Please don’t hesitate to reach out if you have any further questions. Once again, we appreciate your continued support, patience, and understanding of the situation."
2016-11-13
Use props
fans74db5aff
lvl.1

United States

Almost a full month past the release date, and they're only able to produce 100 per day.
2016-11-13
Use props
teckel
lvl.1
Flight distance : 8009 ft
United States

fans74db5aff Posted at 2016-11-13 18:29
Almost a full month past the release date, and they're only able to produce 100 per day.

First of all, the letter is from a dealer not from DJI, so they probably have no clue as to what production levels really are.  Secondly, it doesn't even say they're only making 100 units per day.  It says that they're splitting about 100 units per day to dealers.  Nowhere does it say that total production is only 100 units per day.  Finally, if it really was 100 units per day, they wouldn't be able to fill orders till 2018.

Basically, the entire message is in question, it's worthless and inaccurate at best.
2016-11-14
Use props
handsfree
lvl.1

United States

apple store ordered 10/18.  shipped today.  delivery 11/16.
2016-11-14
Use props
KJUmuI3PzpcL
lvl.2

United States

handsfree Posted at 2016-11-14 18:31
apple store ordered 10/18.  shipped today.  delivery 11/16.

It could be a rumors, but a dealer from Switzerland is reporting that there is a component defekt on the control PCB. Would explain the strange behaviors that have been seen and why no European resellers have received something yet. Maybe also the 100 per day because this part has been the problem in the supply chain.
2016-11-14
Use props
NomadRT
lvl.4
United States

So I ordered through Amazon/Drone World on the 2nd day, but people who ordered from Apple in mid October are having theirs shipped and I am not?      {:4_154:}
2016-11-14
Use props
Jeromeo
lvl.3
Flight distance : 103369 ft
Australia

NomadRT Posted at 2016-11-15 04:44
So I ordered through Amazon/Drone World on the 2nd day, but people who ordered from Apple in mid Oc ...

Don't get carried away. I read one guy got only set of propeller from Apple. Not the quad.
2016-11-14
Use props
fans2a160c7b
lvl.1
United Kingdom

I ordered from my local dealer in the uk on 28th of sept,got email from dealer on Friday confirming that a small part of his
Order has been shipped from dji
2016-11-14
Use props
fansbb5b373a
lvl.1

Italy

fans2a160c7b Posted at 2016-11-14 23:15
I ordered from my local dealer in the uk on 28th of sept,got email from dealer on Friday confirming  ...

dji started to ship to reseller

1 or 2 mavic each..

i think only to calm the nervous to the costumer..

2016-11-14
Use props
NomadRT
lvl.4
United States

Talked with Drone World today.   They essentially said they are getting no communications from DJI and so they've pushed back their shipment estimates to Nov 28th - Dec 9th.    They said if they continue to get nothing from DJI and no communications that date could slip further.

How in the name of God can anyone on this forum even pretend to defend DJI over this crap now?   It's been nearly TWO MONTHS since the announcement and preorder availability.    NO COMMUNICATIONS.   NO INDICATIONS OF WHAT THE PROGRESS IS.   NOTHING DONE TO APPEASE THE CONSUMER (other than shipping a few units here and there to make it look like they are shipping).

This is absolute GARBAGE.   Worst technology launch I can remember in my 42 years existence.    There have been nuclear arms treaties negotiated in less time than this.   There have been wars fought and lost or won in less time than this.   

DJI should be absolutely ASHAMED of this debacle.   If there were ANY competitors (and there eventually will be) people would be jumping ship faster than rats off the Titanic.   
2016-11-14
Use props
Schwavic
lvl.3

United States

NomadRT Posted at 2016-11-14 20:49
Talked with Drone World today.   They essentially said they are getting no communications from DJI a ...

It's been literally 10 days since their last communication about the situation...  Where have you been?

At least they didn't push out 6 months for a launch, then another month delay for shipping, only to do a recall after they eked out ~2,000 units because they were literally falling out of the sky.
2016-11-14
Use props
NomadRT
lvl.4
United States

Schwavic Posted at 2016-11-14 23:05
It's been literally 10 days since their last communication about the situation...  Where have you  ...

Please continue to valiantly defend a multi million dollar company.  They clearly need it.
2016-11-15
Use props
Schwavic
lvl.3

United States

NomadRT Posted at 2016-11-15 09:26
Please continue to valiantly defend a multi million dollar company.  They clearly need it.

I'm not...  I'm just keeping your facts straight.
2016-11-15
Use props
paranoid666
lvl.1

United States

NomadRT Posted at 2016-11-14 20:49
Talked with Drone World today.   They essentially said they are getting no communications from DJI a ...

you must not have been around for other preorders much lol. I think the longest preorder for a tech toy was almost a year.

DJI is having issues with production, get off your high horse. If you are still so unhappy just cancel your order and buy something else.
2016-11-16
Use props
boostedford
lvl.4
United States

Ok im done waiting my friend that works at apple just got a shipment in im going for it. I can always order the fly more extras separate and dont mind waiting for those.
2016-11-16
Use props
chasiu75
lvl.3
Flight distance : 154885 ft
United States

paranoid666 Posted at 2016-11-17 02:39
you must not have been around for other preorders much lol. I think the longest preorder for a tec ...

Almost a year. I am still waiting for my Soloshot3.
2016-11-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules