Flying Indoor is safe?
1160 6 2015-5-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
arthurbuquen
lvl.1

France

Hey !I just received my p3p and tried to fly indoor but noticed that it was not that stable and moved to the right (slowly but surely) right after the take off...
Is there anything to activate to use the view positioning system ?
Or maybe it's because my floor is old style wood parquet with kind of thick space between them ?

Thanks !
2015-5-4
Use props
john.lambert4
lvl.3

Australia

Have you tested flying indoors in different rooms/areas that has different surfaces?
2015-5-4
Use props
kgarrison
Second Officer
Flight distance : 11736709 ft
  • >>>
United States

The VPS is on by default but it requires a well lit floor with lots of contrast.
2015-5-4
Use props
arthurbuquen
lvl.1

France

Yea i think i will try on a different floor
But now it is lil bit scary lol as i 'm a beginner, i will train outside first!
2015-5-4
Use props
DJI-Autumn
Second Officer

Hong Kong

After taking off it needs a while to adjust its attitude when hovering, so there might be a slightly drift.
The VPS is very strict with the surface, pls refer to the manual.
2015-5-5
Use props
MMaglio
New

United States

I did a very short indoor test last night. I only went up about 2-3 feet and didn't move around too much. I was pretty surprised with how well it hovered. Height stayed consistent, but it did drift slightly.

With all of that said, flying this thing inside your house probably isn't the best idea. Unless you're looking for a $1300 mobile fan – it'll give your house some nice air flow.

2015-5-5
Use props
Gary C
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1710938 ft
  • >>>
United States

MMaglio Posted at 2015-5-6 00:42
I did a very short indoor test last night. I only went up about 2-3 feet and didn't move around too  ...

Be sure the "P" switch in in the middle mode to "atti" when flying indoors. You have to take it out of GPS Mode.
2015-5-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules