How noisy is the Tello?
Home / TELLO /
5444 14 2018-5-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Cloud56
lvl.1
Brazil

Hello guys I'm thinking about buying the Tello, looked up some videos on youtube but didn't find any comparing it's noise to the other DJI quads.

Can anyone tell me is it more or less noisy then the spark? or the mavic?
2018-5-11
Use props
Cloud56
lvl.1
Brazil

My quest to finding out how loud is the Tello doesn't seem easy to accomplish. For some reason
2018-5-11
Use props
lizzard
lvl.2
Germany

Cloud56 Posted at 2018-5-11 06:38
My quest to finding out how loud is the Tello doesn't seem easy to accomplish. For some reason

First of all patience would be a manner to begin with.
2018-5-11
Use props
Sean Doughtie
lvl.2
Flight distance : 36598 ft

I’ve never owned either, my Tello is quieter than my Phantom. It’s kind of quiet when it’s far away....
2018-5-11
Use props
Cloud56
lvl.1
Brazil

Sean Doughtie Posted at 2018-5-11 07:10
I’ve never owned either, my Tello is quieter than my Phantom. It’s kind of quiet when it’s far away....

Well you can't really fly the tello very far away can you. I intend on using it to capture video of me and my family so it's gonna have to be close. I can use my Mavic if I want to explore the environment.

Glad to hear it's quieter than the Phantom, (I'd be surprised if it wasn't lol) I'm hoping it'd be quieter than the Spark.
2018-5-11
Use props
lizzard
lvl.2
Germany

Its by far quiter than the Spark.

But of you mainly want to capture Videos, i would by no means by the Tello over the Spark.
2018-5-11
Use props
Sean Doughtie
lvl.2

If you use a wi-fi extender you can fly it pretty far. Like I can’t see it mixed with trees behind it. I have to use the camera to fly it back.
2018-5-11
Use props
Cloud56
lvl.1
Brazil

lizzard Posted at 2018-5-11 09:15
Its by far quiter than the Spark.

But of you mainly want to capture Videos, i would by no means by the Tello over the Spark.

Well 720p is enough for me, just casual footage with the family. Is the image stabilization too bad?

I've had a Spark, but the experience was horrible to me, I didn't think it was worth the $400 so I returned it.

For $99 though, I might be more forgiving.
2018-5-11
Use props
lizzard
lvl.2
Germany

Cloud56 Posted at 2018-5-11 09:36
Well 720p is enough for me, just casual footage with the family. Is the image stabilization too bad?

I've had a Spark, but the experience was horrible to me, I didn't think it was worth the $400 so I returned it.

Bought the Tello First for 109 EUR. Amazed. Still love it and fly it every day in my backyard. Today fell in Love again, flying over the 10 Meter Limit (29,3 Meters).

2 days After the Tello i bought the spark for 299,- EUR. Anothrr Level and worth the Money.

Only Point for me as a total newbie...Tello is just power and Go. Spark compared is rather complex for just „take off“. And i Fell That Many crashes are based on the fact, that many people ignore that for the fun of it or?..
2018-5-11
Use props
Cloud56
lvl.1
Brazil

lizzard Posted at 2018-5-11 09:58
Bought the Tello First for 109 EUR. Amazed. Still love it and fly it every day in my backyard. Today fell in Love again, flying over the 10 Meter Limit (29,3 Meters).

2 days After the Tello i bought the spark for 299,- EUR. Anothrr Level and worth the Money.

I was expecting the Spark to be a Mavic with lower range and lower video quality. Turned out it wasn't only that I had many problems with it, the most bothering was the otg cable support not working and giving me all kinds of bugs (at the time I did not know they stopped supporting it).

Switching for Wifi made the video quite laggy and with high latency, it would only get good if I was very close to it.

The video quality was fine but the latency problems were a killer for me.
2018-5-11
Use props
Sean Doughtie
lvl.2

I’ve been real pleased with the Tello, small and easy to fly. I like that I can take it in my luggage on the plane. I wouldn’t dare do that with my Phantom. It would get destroyed...
2018-5-11
Use props
Sean Doughtie
lvl.2

Okay just tested it. At about 50’ you can barely hear it.
2018-5-11
Use props
RYZE
Super Moderator

Hong Kong

Hey, for your reference, it would be less noisy then the mavic.
2018-5-12
Use props
Cloud56
lvl.1
Brazil

RYZE Posted at 2018-5-12 02:40
Hey, for your reference, it would be less noisy then the mavic.

Thanks for the answer, already ordered mine.

Hopefully you guys can make a camera that we can tilt for the next version of the Tello!
2018-5-14
Use props
RYZE
Super Moderator

Hong Kong

Cloud56 Posted at 2018-5-14 06:47
Thanks for the answer, already ordered mine.

Hopefully you guys can make a camera that we can tilt for the next version of the Tello!

Thank you, that would be well received. Your support and kind feedback would be highly appreciated.
2018-5-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules