Osmo Mobile 2 & Nokia 6.1
1692 4 2019-5-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
AlexOsmo2
lvl.1
Romania

Hi.
Can someone confirm that is a huge battery drain when recording video in 4K using DJI GO (before P4) app?
Nokia 6.1 2018, Android 9 Pie.
My phone become very hot in no time. About 5% battery drain in 1 min video rec.
This is not the case when using stock camera, filmic or other camera apps.
Battery very hot message appear from my battery monitor app.
Thanks.
2019-5-13
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day AlexOsmo2. I am sorry for the trouble and for the information you have provided us. Can you please try using a different recommended mobile device to see if the issue will still persist? Upon checking the mobile device Nokia 6.1 2018, Android 9 Pie. I am sorry to say that the mobile device is still not recommended for your DJI Osmo Mobile 2 as of the moment. Actually, there is a  possibility that theNokia 6.1 2018, Android 9 Pie will be able to work with the said drone, however, since it's not yet optimized with the DJI Osmo Mobile 2 and with the DJI Go application we cannot guaranteed the stability of the Nokia 6.1 2018, Android 9 Pie when in use with the said device and with the said application and if this will work all the time while using the specific device.  We highly suggest you use the compatible device that was listed on the recommended mobile device list below to avoid any inconvenience and any problem. Thank you.

2019-5-13
Use props
AlexOsmo2
lvl.1
Romania

Ok, got it, thanks. If development team need a beta tester, I am here!
2019-5-13
Use props
Gryphon962
lvl.2
Flight distance : 623 ft

United States

AlexOsmo2 Posted at 5-13 10:01
Ok, got it, thanks. If development team need a beta tester, I am here!

@Stephen: I've seen a lot of answers like 'use a compatible device' in many threads. Obviously Apple presents fewer challenges to developers than Android, as Apple products have a closed OS. However, now many Android devices are using Android One versions of the Android OS. Have you found that Android One helps you test devices faster, as the OS does NOT vary among devices?
2019-5-16
Use props
AlexOsmo2
lvl.1
Romania

Gryphon962 Posted at 5-16 14:46
@Stephen: I've seen a lot of answers like 'use a compatible device' in many threads. Obviously Apple presents fewer challenges to developers than Android, as Apple products have a closed OS. However, now many Android devices are using Android One versions of the Android OS. Have you found that Android One helps you test devices faster, as the OS does NOT vary among devices?

Many other camera apps drain battery very quickly BUT not the native Nokia camera app.
So, Nokia know something that other developers don't.
DJI, please ask Nokia about this secret.
2019-6-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules