P3A works but wont connect to dji go
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MBoz
lvl.1

So I havent flown in quite awhile.  Today I downloaded DJI Go to my phone.  When I connect phone to controller it wants to connect as an Inspire 1 which of course mine is not so I cancel.  When I scroll to P3A it only gives me "how to connect" option, not camera.  Everything else is working fine.  Remote turns on Phantom, will fly, I just cant connect to see anything.  Any ideas?

2019-9-14
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the inconvenience. Can you please try to use a different communication cable to see if the problem will still persist. Also, can you please clarify what mobile device are you currently using to run the application? Please keep us posted. Thank you!
2019-9-14
Use props
MBoz
lvl.1

I'm using a Galaxy Note 8.  It could possibly be the cable because I have misplaced my original Phantom cable.  It's registering a cable because it is trying to charge my phone off the RC and like I said when I plug cable in it asks me if I wanna start as a Inspire 1.  The inspire menu does give me the camera option, instead of how to connect, but of course when I go into it its not connected.
2019-9-14
Use props
KenDuke
Second Officer
Flight distance : 50837 ft

The cable you may be using is a charge only cable, with no data line connection.  That would be the first thing to do.  Change out that cable.  Make sure the phone is set to data transfer,  there should be a box that will pop up on your phone asking you.
2019-9-15
Use props
Sean-newbie
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>

Try connecting the phone to a computer with that cable and see if the computer sees the phone. As with the above if it is a charge only cable the computer will most likely not see the phone. I had this problem and now label charge only cables with a sticker which states that, it saves a lot of hair pulling and it's getting thin enough on its own with out assistance.
My Note 4 gave me problems even with a data cable but in the end it turned out the micro USB socket was on its way out.
When working correctly connecting my Note 4 to a switched on controller triggers the booting of the go app
2019-9-15
Use props
MBoz
lvl.1

When i plug cable into computer it does find it and reads it as a data cable.  When I plug phone into a turned on RC it does pops up on my phone "DJI GO  Open DJI GO to handle DJI Inspire 1?  Cancel or OK"  I always hit cancel.  
2019-9-15
Use props
KenDuke
Second Officer
Flight distance : 50837 ft

go into settings on your phone, then apps, and delete cache and data, then delete the app from the phone.
Once thats done, reinstall it.  Then, connect the phone to the controller.  Turn controller on, watch for a message to appear on the phone.  Answer YES.
Once thats done, you can then open up DJI Go, and should be good to go.  Sounds like the phone has the app associated with it, but does not allow data to be transferred.

2019-9-16
Use props
MBoz
lvl.1

KenDuke Posted at 9-16 03:16
go into settings on your phone, then apps, and delete cache and data, then delete the app from the phone.
Once thats done, reinstall it.  Then, connect the phone to the controller.  Turn controller on, watch for a message to appear on the phone.  Answer YES.
Once thats done, you can then open up DJI Go, and should be good to go.  Sounds like the phone has the app associated with it, but does not allow data to be transferred.

You're awesome.  It worked.  Thanks
2019-9-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules