Bitrate (vs. Filmic Pro for iOS)
3432 3 2020-4-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MarcellusP
lvl.1

Italy

Hello everyone,

I'm interested in buying the OSMO Mobile 3, in order to stabilize my iPhone XS.
I'm very fond of videomaking, so it could be my starting point. Then in the future I will upgrade to more professional gear if I have the possibility.

Since I'd like to obtain the maximum quality out of my iPhone, I ask you if you checked the bitrate of the videos taken with the DJI app. Is there an option to set it?
I heard that it tends to be way lower compared to the standard Camera app in iOS.
Leaving numbers aside for a moment, how's the quality of shots taken with the DJI app?

Is there a good flat profile included? I'd really love to keep all possible details of the image.

I've also read a lot about Filmic Pro which should guarantee bitrate up to 100-130 Mbps. Is it fully compatible with the osmo mobile 3?
I guess that some cool features like ActiveTrack 3.0 would not be available, right? Will it only do basic stabilization?

Thanks a lot for your consideration and your help!

Marcello

2020-4-20
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Filmic pro are working on supporting OSMO Mobile 3 but as yet its not been released.
2020-4-20
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft

Hi Marcello, the max bitrate of the videos taken with the DJI Mimo is about 17mbps and the mac video resolution the APP supports is 4K 60fps. We do not have the related specs of Filmic Pro, you may verify with their support. Officially, we recommend to use DJI Mimo.
2020-4-21
Use props
MarcellusP
lvl.1

Italy

DJI Mindy Posted at 4-21 02:59
Hi Marcello, the max bitrate of the videos taken with the DJI Mimo is about 17mbps and the mac video resolution the APP supports is 4K 60fps. We do not have the related specs of Filmic Pro, you may verify with their support. Officially, we recommend to use DJI Mimo.

Hi Mindy, thanks a lot for your answer!
I wonder why the bitrate of videos taken with DJI Mimo is that low. Could you tell me the reason for this choice?
Wouldn't it way better to allow the user to select the desidered bitrate (leaving it to default settings for basic users)?

I've just shot a video at 4K (60 fps) with the Camera app and the average bitrate is about 35 mbps, with even higher peaks...
In addition, according to Filmic Pro specs, the bitrate can reach values up to 100 mbps.
So, I guess there isn't a limitation within iOS if they are able to achieve that...

In conclusion, I know that we are talking about a smartphone so we can't expect extreme quality but I'm still puzzled by this choice.

Thanks again and I hope that you'll take my suggestion into consideration.

Marcello

2020-4-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules