OM4 Timelapse Photos
841 1 2021-4-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Matt Heap
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Hi,

Any tips for creating timelapses with the OM4 but exporting photos instead of video. Third party apps welcome (note I'm using Android).

Ideally, I'd want RAW file format, manual controls (longer shutter speed to smooth water, lock appeture/ISO/exposure between shots, etc), some sort of motion path (similar to how the Mimo app works).

The timelapse functionality in the Mimo app is good but the phone is capable of so much more. The videos produced can look cheap as you can't stabalise the exposure between shots and there's little room for adjustments in post. I've used a DSLR/intervalometer/motorization before to create nice timelapses and will continue to do so in the future for professional shoots but I'd like something more portable for personal projects.
2021-4-16
Use props
Yzak4815 k
New
Mexico

tremendously disappointed with the DJI mime app, there are no options to do anything you mention, I have searched for a long time and the only thing I have found is filmic pro for android, unfortunately this app cannot control panning nor can routes be programmed In the OM4, an option can be Open camera, but this app does not connect with the gimabal, a solution to this can be to mount a cell phone with an open camera taking a sequence of raw photos and connect to the Om4 with another cell phone to record the panning, I have not tried this because I do not have another phone. Dji should implement options to do this, the OM4 is a great machine but the software that controls it is a total mockery.
2021-5-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules