DJI Action Camera Solid Top Red Light & Switching Off Automatically
3889 15 2021-9-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mr_Tee
lvl.1

South Africa

Good day,

I have been checking online for a fix regarding the issue I have with my DJI Action Camera. I went swimming over the weekend with it and it started malfunctioning while in the pool. The light changed from green> yellow and finally red. I then took out the memory card, battery and let it cool down for the day. The next day it switched on, asked me to set the date and time, which I did, and seconds later it switches itself off. The quick switch functionality works but I cannot record nor turn it off using the buttons at all... I have to take out the battery and put it in again in order to switch the device on.

Has anyone ever encountered this issue before? I also tried updating the firmware using the memory card but it does not work.https://drive.google.com/file/d/1NhnwiXIHGhXUZwb_Vxv_VhxP1V6rXrid/view?usp=sharing
2021-9-15
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

In Order to place firmware on again you must have a txt doc file.  if you   got water inside the camera was it fresh, brackish, or saltwater?  
2021-9-15
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Mr_Tee. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. After watching the video that you have posted. I would recommend you to contact our DJI support team at https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav for further assistance. We will do there best to help you and give out the best resolution for this issue. Thank you.
2021-9-15
Use props
Mr_Tee
lvl.1

South Africa

Fishycomics Posted at 9-15 14:45
In Order to place firmware on again you must have a txt doc file.  if you   got water inside the camera was it fresh, brackish, or saltwater?

It was swimming pool water with chlorine.  I followed the below instructions but still no luck:

Step 1: Download the Osmo Action FW from the DJI website;
Step 2: Ensure that the battery level of your Osmo Action is above 50%;
Step 3: Copy the update firmware, FW OSMO_ACTION_FW_Vxx.xx.xx.xx.bin to a formatted microSD card;
Step 4: Insert the microSD card into your Osmo Action;
Step 5: Restart and confirm the update by following the screen prompts; the update takes about two minutes;
Step 6: If you see "Update Successful," go to "Settings" -> "About" -> "Firmware Version" to view and confirm the version. If the version is consistent with the update version, it means the update was successful.
2021-9-16
Use props
Mr_Tee
lvl.1

South Africa

DJI Stephen Posted at 9-15 19:50
Hello there Mr_Tee. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. After watching the video that you have posted. I would recommend you to contact our DJI support team at https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav for further assistance. We will do there best to help you and give out the best resolution for this issue. Thank you.

Hi DJI Stephen, thanks for the suggestion. I will contact the DJI support team.
2021-9-16
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

Mr_Tee Posted at 9-16 02:03
It was swimming pool water with chlorine.  I followed the below instructions but still no luck:

Step 1: Download the Osmo Action FW from the DJI website;

watch and learn doing it LIVE

2021-9-16
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

2021-9-16
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Fishycomics Posted at 9-16 03:25
https://youtu.be/cCICbYOdsTI

Nice video Fishycomics.    Even included a coffee slurp at 3:16.    Gotta have that morning pick me up cup (or two).  
2021-9-16
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

Yes had to get me fix along with that two hour stream I did this AM
2021-9-16
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

Any updates to your issued problem
2021-9-19
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

any update issued to your problem
2021-9-19
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

any updates to your issued problem
2021-9-19
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Mr_Tee Posted at 9-16 02:04
Hi DJI Stephen, thanks for the suggestion. I will contact the DJI support team.

Hi there Mr_Tee. Thank you for the reply and for giving out this update. If you have any other concerns or any inquiries with DJI. Please feel free to post it here at DJI Forum. We are all here to help and assist you. Thank you.
2021-9-19
Use props
Mr_Tee
lvl.1

South Africa

DJI Stephen Posted at 9-19 20:29
Hi there Mr_Tee. Thank you for the reply and for giving out this update. If you have any other concerns or any inquiries with DJI. Please feel free to post it here at DJI Forum. We are all here to help and assist you. Thank you.

Hi Stephen, I am in the process of sending it back for thorough assessment.  
2021-9-20
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

thank you for your update.
2021-9-20
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Mr_Tee Posted at 9-20 03:21
Hi Stephen, I am in the process of sending it back for thorough assessment.

Hi there Mr_Tee. Thank you for the reply and for this given update. If you have any other concerns or any inquiries with DJI. Please feel free to post it here at DJI Forum. We are all here to help and assist you.
2021-9-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules