4413 16 2022-6-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Gordon Banks
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2270636 ft
  • >>>
United States

Set the GPS metdata on videos. Setting the GPS info of each video file would be great.
2022-6-13
Use props
Wiz33
Second Officer
Flight distance : 35994 ft
  • >>>
United States

There's a setting you can turn on in the app that will provide you with a .srt file ( like a sub-title) for video you record.

2022-6-13
Use props
Gordon Banks
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2270636 ft
  • >>>
United States

Yes.... but need the GPS data (Lat/Long) in the video file metadata, so Apple Photos app can find the location. iPhone images includes GPS metadata.
2022-6-13
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Gordon Banks. Thank you for reaching out and for giving out these information. I will forward these infomrtaion to the designated DJI department for attention. Thank you and keep flying.
2022-6-13
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

+1 great idea.
2022-6-14
Use props
TheElementNrOne
lvl.1
Flight distance : 21857 ft
Germany

Hello,

what is the status of this request?

I also would really like to have this feature, so that Google Fotos can connect my flight videos to a certain location.

For me using the GPS location at the start of the video or having a setting that allows you to either use the GPS location at the start or end point of the video as default (which can be adjusted by the user per setting) would be great and more than enough.

This would be a big time saver for me because I no longer would need to manually add the location to the video metadata.

Thanks for considering it.
2022-7-16
Use props
djiuser_JYf1q2WWTHvB
New
Israel

Would also like to have this feature. All videos should have gps Metadata of the takeoff location. Other data should be in srt files. This way, Apple will be able to show all videos on the maps. Thanks
2023-6-17
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

djiuser_JYf1q2WWTHvB Posted at 6-17 03:42
Would also like to have this feature. All videos should have gps Metadata of the takeoff location. Other data should be in srt files. This way, Apple will be able to show all videos on the maps. Thanks

Thank you for your feedback. We really appreciate the time and effort you have invested in providing this suggestion to us. Your feedback will be definitely cascaded to the concerned team for further review. Thank you for your valued support.
2023-6-25
Use props
Paliak
New

Switzerland

DJI Paladin Posted at 6-25 04:13
Thank you for your feedback. We really appreciate the time and effort you have invested in providing this suggestion to us. Your feedback will be definitely cascaded to the concerned team for further review. Thank you for your valued support.

Hello, I am new to drone videos, just gt my DJ mini 4 pro. Today I realized the uploaded videos to photos app on apple do not have a GEO location in. Is there any progress on this or is there any reason why this can't be enabled? Seems quite straight forward and useful and requested feature. Thank you.
2023-10-22
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

Paliak Posted at 10-22 01:35
Hello, I am new to drone videos, just gt my DJ mini 4 pro. Today I realized the uploaded videos to photos app on apple do not have a GEO location in. Is there any progress on this or is there any reason why this can't be enabled? Seems quite straight forward and useful and requested feature. Thank you.

Hello. For the products you inquired about, the GPS coordinate data in the flight records and flight data files cannot be interpreted. You can refer to the steps below to retrieve the GPS coordinate data:

1. When taking a photo, the coordinates at the time of photo taking are stored in the photo’s EXIF information. Please note that the information is for a single photo-taking point.
2. If Video Captions are enabled, you can export the coordinate data with the videos at the time of recording. Please note that the data covers the entire video recording process.

It is not possible to export the GPS coordinate data during the entire flight period. We apologize for the inconvenience.
2023-10-23
Use props
djiuser_8c61FNdcXGIK
New

Greece

DJI Paladin Posted at 10-23 00:30
Hello. For the products you inquired about, the GPS coordinate data in the flight records and flight data files cannot be interpreted. You can refer to the steps below to retrieve the GPS coordinate data:

1. When taking a photo, the coordinates at the time of photo taking are stored in the photo’s EXIF information. Please note that the information is for a single photo-taking point.

Obviously in most cases the geo location of the video recording starting point is not the same with the one that the video capture ends (most cameras move anyway).

What people are asking and what I am asking as well is that we could have an approximate geo location on the map of the place that the video was taken. It does not have to be entire series of the coordinates that the plane followed while recording. iPhones move to while recording but apple still provides a pin point of the place that the video was taken. We may don’t know if they use the coordinates of the place that the recording started or those of the place that the video stop and stored, but it doesn’t actually makes a big difference for the purpose we ask you to enable this metadata recording.

Just use the video starting point or the end of capture point or any point in between the flight courses.

The only thing we need is an approximate location to the metadata so we can have our videos organized by them
2023-12-28
Use props
djiuser_xk5PdX1sbhlS
lvl.1
United States

Well, for kicks, I asked ChatGPT 4 if you can add GPS metadata to a MP4 file.  Here is the conversation:
Me
Can I use ffmpeg to add geo location to mp4 files?

ChatGPT

Yes, you can use FFmpeg to add geolocation metadata to MP4 files. Geolocation data is typically embedded in the metadata of a file in the form of GPS coordinates. To do this with FFmpeg, you would use the -metadata option to add custom metadata fields to your video file.

Here is a general approach to add GPS metadata using FFmpeg:

Determine the GPS Metadata Format: First, you need to know the correct format for embedding GPS data. This often follows a specific string format, such as GPSLatitude=xx.xxxx,GPSLongitude=yy.yyyy.

Use FFmpeg to Add Metadata: You can add this metadata using FFmpeg with a command similar to the following:

bash

ffmpeg -i input.mp4 -metadata "metadata_key=metadata_value" -codec copy output.mp4

Replace metadata_key with the appropriate key for GPS metadata (like location, GPSLatitude, GPSLongitude, etc.) and metadata_value with the actual GPS data.

For example:

bash

ffmpeg -i input.mp4 -metadata "GPSLatitude=35.6895" -metadata "GPSLongitude=139.6917" -codec copy output.mp4

This command will add GPS metadata to output.mp4 without re-encoding the video, thus preserving its original quality.

Check Metadata Format Compatibility: Be aware that the format for GPS metadata can vary depending on the playback system or standard you're targeting. You should verify the correct format for your specific needs.

Remember, the effectiveness of this metadata embedding can depend on how the player or platform reading the file interprets metadata. Not all players or platforms may recognize or use this metadata. Also, ensure that the GPS coordinates are in the correct format and are accurately representing the location you intend to embed.
2023-12-29
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

djiuser_8c61FNdcXGIK Posted at 2023-12-28 16:05
Obviously in most cases the geo location of the video recording starting point is not the same with the one that the video capture ends (most cameras move anyway).

What people are asking and what I am asking as well is that we could have an approximate geo location on the map of the place that the video was taken. It does not have to be entire series of the coordinates that the plane followed while recording. iPhones move to while recording but apple still provides a pin point of the place that the video was taken. We may don’t know if they use the coordinates of the place that the recording started or those of the place that the video stop and stored, but it doesn’t actually makes a big difference for the purpose we ask you to enable this metadata recording.

Hi there. We appreciate your feedback. We will gather this concern of yours and forward it to our developers as a suggestion. Please note that all suggestions will undergo evaluation before we apply to the unit. Thank you for your understanding.
1-1 04:32
Use props
djiuser3460
New

Canada

Hi, I just created an account to ask about the status of this issue. It seems to me that it's quite simple to program, and I find it hard to believe that our comments are actually reaching the developers since it's been almost 2 years since the original post. It seems to be a frequent request as we have to organize our files with programs that require this data. Thank you for your consideration.
2-10 19:33
Use props
djiuser_lfsRdpAbXSe5
New
Austria

What makes this even more funny is that the DJI Mimo App for the OSMO mobile suffers from the very same issue….
Here the camera is not moving huge distances.

Edit: it needs to be enabled in Settings->Privacy (not the shooting settings) for OMs at least.
2-20 15:25
Use props
djiuser_4hSvLFRUMqYo
New

Germany

Is there any news about this feature request? It would be really important that the GPS location is saved in the metadata of videos. This is certainly not so easy with videos, as the drone is moving. But you could define in the settings, for example, that the destination or start location is always saved in the video metadata.
5-20 09:34
Use props
djiuser_KKupr89hBUte
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Any update on this? The takeoff GPS location should be stored in the video.
5-30 01:38
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules