REQUEST - enhanced magnetic mount with USB and SD sockets
952 5 2022-7-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Maxx2206
lvl.2
Germany

Hi,

I'm using one of my Action 2 cameras mainly on a helmet mount for extended recording...
Power is provided by either a 12V Adapter or a Powerbank in my pocket and to be able to record for extended time I am currently forced to use either my battery or dual screen module so I can add an SD card as well.

3rd Party developers already released various small formfactor magnetic mounts with USB-C socket, so powering the cam is possible while keeping the shape of the camera as small as possible.
But the small internal memory makes this unsuitable for extended recording.

Could anyone at DJI consider offering an additional magnetic mount with both, SD and USB-C socket for extended recording in static setups where battery operation is not required?

This would make the camera so much more usable and interesting to buy.

2022-7-16
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. I will take this as a suggestion of yours and will forward it to our designated team for attention. After the evaluation of the engineers, significant suggestions or requests will be implemented via the firmware update, app update, etc. For any updates, please stay tuned to the latest news on our DJI official website at www.dji.com. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2022-7-16
Use props
Uncle Longbeard
lvl.2
Flight distance : 295 ft
United Kingdom

that's what I would love to see as well
2022-7-17
Use props
IftiBashir
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The above mod will take your suggestion forward (a scripted response) but this won't happen.

The attached mod (display or power) acts as the 'brain' of the system, so it is needed for any data transfer. Data transfer cannot happen with the camera module alone - this is why we see so many third party cases with an external USB-C pass through for charging only - NOT data transfer.
Therefore, as the camera module alone cannot transfer data, there is no possibility of it transferring data to an external SD card without the module processing the data transfer in between.
2022-7-22
Use props
Maxx2206
lvl.2
Germany

IftiBashir Posted at 7-22 00:36
The above mod will take your suggestion forward (a scripted response) but this won't happen.

The attached mod (display or power) acts as the 'brain' of the system, so it is needed for any data transfer. Data transfer cannot happen with the camera module alone - this is why we see so many third party cases with an external USB-C pass through for charging only - NOT data transfer.

Hi,

thanks for your view, but technically it doesn't make much sense.

The point is, for a static setup you don't need a battery, which obviously is what takes up most of the space in the battery and screen module.
Reduce the mount to just the sd-card socket, the usb socket and the controller circuit and it shouldn't be bigger than the smallest passive mount alone.

That's all I would ask for...

PS.
And tbh... while at it I would like to add another annoying thing which seems to be related to USB-C spec limitations... make it 2 usb-c sockets.. one purely for powering reasons.
That way we could finally use extgernal mics AND a power source at the same time with the Action 2 (which sadly is not possible right now, no mater how many different ways people try).
2022-7-23
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
Flight distance : 1173379 ft
  • >>>
Norway

This is why I never bought Action 2, since you need the extended module for recording longer than 20-30 minutes.

And I still have a hope for Action 3 and that it could be ordinary action cam
2022-7-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules