action 2 vs karting barrier
951 8 2022-8-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_JMiMzwdzfjAk
lvl.2
United States

Normally I prefer to helmet mount my A2 but since this kart had a mount on its side bumper I tried it out. Think I'll stick with helmet mounting . The camera was perfectly fine (lens and clasps all good) but the magnetic Freewell UV filter got knocked off and is somewhere on the track. I think since the barrier/bumper can squish a bit part of it might have hit the clasp tab and unclasped the A2 during the hit. Wouldn't happen with helmet mount but perhaps if I go for sidepod mounting again I'll need to use one of the mounts that holds the whole camera.
2022-8-4
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thanks for sharing this video of yours. We're glad that there is no issue that happened on the unit after the crash. Should you have inquiries or concerns, please don't hesitate to reach us. Thank you for your valued support.
2022-8-4
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Nicely captured.    
2022-8-4
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Cool footage.    Glad that the A2 survived the scrape with the wall.  No doubt helmet mount is the way to go.  
2022-8-5
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6260935 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Rugged little beast of a camera. It was all going so well, too. Chances of retrieving the magmount? Pretty remote
2022-8-6
Use props
djiuser_JMiMzwdzfjAk
lvl.2
United States

Blériot53 Posted at 8-6 06:35
Rugged little beast of a camera. It was all going so well, too. Chances of retrieving the magmount? Pretty remote

After the hit I heard a few more clinks; maybe it was bouncing next to the kart of a bit after being knocked off otherwise I gave up looking for it on track
2022-8-6
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6260935 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

djiuser_JMiMzwdzfjAk Posted at 8-6 11:16
After the hit I heard a few more clinks; maybe it was bouncing next to the kart of a bit after being knocked off otherwise I gave up looking for it on track

If you drag a length of chain behind the kart it may "catch" the magmount
2022-8-6
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Nice footage (and lucky you!)
2022-8-19
Use props
enricorc_cz