Camera does not save all video (High temperature)
555 2 2022-8-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Beldar84
lvl.1
Spain

I have already done numerous tests, with waterproof, magnetic and without casings, and the same thing happens every time.

When I have been recording for more than 15 minutes and the camera overheats (the time varies depending on the type of stabilisation), it switches off after 3 seconds. When I turn it on later and look at the recorded video, I have only saved 20% or at most half of it. In other words, if the video is 15 minutes long, it saves 3 minutes or at most 7 minutes.

On the other hand, if I stop the recording after 14 minutes and the warning has not yet gone off, it is saved. But logically, this is unfeasible while you are doing sport, controlling when to stop in a long shot... Any solution?

What I'm looking for is that if it stops recording after 15 minutes due to overheating (which already seems bad to me), at least it saves the whole footage.

Thanks.

2022-8-14
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Beldar84. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. The DJI Action 2 is constructed of aluminum alloy that can be prone to fast heat conduction and dissipation. Given that Action 2 supports 4K/120fps video recording, it’s normal for the camera unit to get hot when recording. DJI Action 2 has a built-in temperature control system. DJI Action 2 will automatically send a prompt to stop recording when the camera temperature reaches the set value. The Auto-Stop Rec Temp supports two set value settings (Standard: 48℃ and High: 53℃). You can adjust the Auto-Stop Rec Temp in the settings according to your usage habits and preferences. ( When using the DJI Action 2 Camera Unit separately, the Auto-Stop Rec Temp refers to the frame temperature. When connected with the Front Touchscreen Module or Power Module, the Auto-Stop Rec Temp refers to the connected module’s frame temperature. There might be a temperature difference of around 1 to 2℃ ). Thank you.
2022-8-14
Use props
Beldar84
lvl.1
Spain

DJI Stephen Posted at 8-14 01:37
Hello there Beldar84. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. The DJI Action 2 is constructed of aluminum alloy that can be prone to fast heat conduction and dissipation. Given that Action 2 supports 4K/120fps video recording, it’s normal for the camera unit to get hot when recording. DJI Action 2 has a built-in temperature control system. DJI Action 2 will automatically send a prompt to stop recording when the camera temperature reaches the set value. The Auto-Stop Rec Temp supports two set value settings (Standard: 48℃ and High: 53℃). You can adjust the Auto-Stop Rec Temp in the settings according to your usage habits and preferences. ( When using the DJI Action 2 Camera Unit separately, the Auto-Stop Rec Temp refers to the frame temperature. When connected with the Front Touchscreen Module or Power Module, the Auto-Stop Rec Temp refers to the connected module’s frame temperature. There might be a temperature difference of around 1 to 2℃ ). Thank you.

Thanks for your explanation, but I already know all that and it doesn't solve my problem or doubt.

On the one hand, I record at 1080P 30FPS, and on the other hand, in Europe (where I live) only the standard high temperature cut mode works.

But apart from that, my problem is that when the camera is recording and reaches the temperature limit, it does not save the videos well, only 20-30% of the total duration.

I am waiting for a less automatic answer and closer to my question.

Thank you.
2022-8-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules