USB C to 3.5MM AUX Adapter Not Working For MICROPHONE
2269 12 2022-9-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Nickel_
lvl.1
India

Hi I'm trying to connect my lavalier microphone to DJI Action 2. It has 3.5mm male jack(TRRS). So tried using some usb c adapter (which i got from a local store). But none of them are working. Tried with multiple converters. Nothing works. Is there some standard for those converters ? which one to use ? Ordered this converter . I hope it works.....Just needed this for my upcoming tour. so much appreciated if anyone could help me asap. photo_2022-09-02_16-47-11.jpg
2022-9-2
Use props
Nickel_
lvl.1
India

https://www.amazon.in/Kinsound-Connector-Charging-Compatible-Blue/dp/B09WKB8XG3/ref=sr_1_13_sspa?crid=2RAVK4EMP3DC0&keywords=usb+c+to+3.5mm&qid=1662117786&s=electronics&sprefix=usb+c+to+3.5%2Celectronics%2C243&sr=1-13-spons&psc=1 - ordered this converter! Need to check whether this works
2022-9-2
Use props
Nickel_
lvl.1
India

The issue is with these adapters. Looks like they don't have built-in DAC and rely on Phone's inbuilt DAC instead. So although it might receive signals, it couldn't convert to a Digital signal. So getting an adapter with DAC should work
2022-9-2
Use props
fansfe82067d
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Personally I'm using three types of audio input to the Action 2.  

First, there's the audio technica ATR2x-USB adapter which has input for 3.5mm TRS mic (mono) and output for 3.5mm TRS headphones in stereo for playback.  

Second, I've tried the Rode AI-Micro adapter which offers two mic inputs and headphones out.  The mics can be self powered or plug-in-power variety, mono.  There's an app which enables you to mix the two mics together so the image of both comes from the centre, or one can come from the left and one from the right.  This is handy if you want to mic up yourself and someone else and record each mike to a separate channel - or, you can have fun making up a rig to hold the Action 2 and a pair of windmuffed mics for stereo.  Lastly you can connect a 3.5mm stereo mic to channel 1 of the interface and use the app to configure that for stereo - but currently it only works with mics having their own power supply.  You could use this for a stereo shotgun mic, for instance.  This interface isn't cheap but it's probably the best out there for this purpose.

Thirdly you can connect recorders such as the Zoom H1N (popular with video people), USB > USB, and enable interface mode on the Zoom.  Then the sound from its mics is passed to the Action 2 or the sound of anything attached to the H1N audio input.

There's a lot of videos on YouTube on this subject, for example -

2022-9-2
Use props
Nickel_
lvl.1
India

fansfe82067d Posted at 9-2 14:25
Personally I'm using three types of audio input to the Action 2.  

First, there's the audio technica ATR2x-USB adapter which has input for 3.5mm TRS mic (mono) and output for 3.5mm TRS headphones in stereo for playback.  

Appreciate it! Yea finally I got that working.....but o nntrying to setup it for moto-vlog mounted inside my helmet...even at the lowest gain setting....it is so sensitive and I could hear crackling sound of it.....audio seem distorted
2022-9-6
Use props
fansfe82067d
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Yes, I've seen other references to that - as  I recall it the level can be increased but not reduced.
2022-9-6
Use props
Nickel_
lvl.1
India

fansfe82067d Posted at 9-6 03:24
Yes, I've seen other references to that - as  I recall it the level can be increased but not reduced.

Exactly! I Hope @dji fixes this through firmware
2022-9-6
Use props
JodyB
First Officer
Flight distance : 302536 ft
  • >>>
United States

I know it's a larger shotgun mic but it has gain adjust built onto it and it's what I've been using with my action 2 and that's the Deity D3 Pro. Def would be an inconvenience for bike riders of any kind. I also use the Apple USB-C to 3.5mm audio adapter and it works a treat as well so that might be an option for someone if it hasn't already been mentioned.
2022-9-7
Use props
djiuser_zDGXL5BI8UIp
lvl.1
India

I also tried with the local adapter, it didn't work.
Taking the suggestion, technica adapter is so bulky and expensive too. I tried with the one plus adapter too, but that didn't work. But I have seen many videos where just a regular adapter was working fine. I talked with the support, they said unless you try with the DJI adapter, they can't make sure of anything. I'm not getting hold of DJI adapter online, don't know if it's available. Can you guys please suggest a proper adapter which is small,  available on a budget and working properly. I mean it should be convenient for cycle or moto vlogging.
2022-9-24
Use props
Nickel_
lvl.1
India

djiuser_zDGXL5BI8UIp Posted at 9-24 01:09
I also tried with the local adapter, it didn't work.
Taking the suggestion, technica adapter is so bulky and expensive too. I tried with the one plus adapter too, but that didn't work. But I have seen many videos where just a regular adapter was working fine. I talked with the support, they said unless you try with the DJI adapter, they can't make sure of anything. I'm not getting hold of DJI adapter online, don't know if it's available. Can you guys please suggest a proper adapter which is small,  available on a budget and working properly. I mean it should be convenient for cycle or moto vlogging.

The adapter isn't working because it doesn't have DAC built into it. Action2 can only deal with digital signals. So adapter should be capable of converting analog to a digital signal. Try Apple adapter/ old Samsung ones / search for DAC aux to USB C. This fixes the issue, but I've tried using it with my helmet, the gains are too much and the audio is creepy. unusable! We don't have a software workaround for this at the moment, the only way is to connect a gain controller to your mic and adjust to a minimum
2022-9-24
Use props
djiuser_zDGXL5BI8UIp
lvl.1
India

Ohk, thank you. I'll get a samsung or apple adapter. If the audio is compromised, now however I'm using mobile to connect the mic and later sync them with Adobe premier pro. I guess I can use a recorder device, then connect it to external mic, and attach to tshirt inside or a belt bag so that it could be convenient.
2022-9-24
Use props
djiuser_zDGXL5BI8UIp
lvl.1
India

Can I use a Type C microphone?? I found two mics which has Type C. Can I use that?? Will it work?? The mic is of Boya.
2022-9-25
Use props
fansfe82067d
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Here's a video showing how to connect a USB mic to the Action 2

2022-9-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules